• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

squicken

For DM and the various snes alts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...n-already-ahead-of-rgiii?campaign=Twitter_atl

Is Mike Glennon already a better QB than RGIII?

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes that Glennon already is ahead of other big name young quarterbacks.

"Mike Glennon is so far more advanced than RGIII playing NFL quarterback that it's not even close," Cosell told WFHS-FM in Tampa this week. "They shouldn't even be in the same discussion."

Glennon's numbers (11 TDs, 4 INTs) are solid, but he's a player you have to watch week-after-week to appreciate. His pocket movement is terrific for a young player. Cosell cited Glennon's veteran-like ability to anticipate throws.

"When your quarterback makes difficult anticipation throws, everything about your offense tends to look better," Cosell said. "For instance, I'll give you an example of a throw that was made this week by Glennon. When he hit Underwood for 20 yards in the second quarter down inside the 10, that was a classic anticipation throw.

"He threw Underwood open. If I showed you the film and froze it just as Glennon was making his delivery, you'd say, 'Who's he throwing it to?' That's a litmus test throw that helps measure future success.

"That throw would not have been made by Josh Freeman. It wouldn't have entered his mind."

PRIYANKA-NFL-012_v5_vh_NY_Giants-675x900.jpg

10157938-large.jpg

Milchjon

Why did Eli never stop being a goober?

I mean, look at young Tom Brady. He looked like an awkward idiot at times. Then he grew up and blossomed into a total stud.

Why can't Eli do the same after 2 rings?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wussle chucks up a few jump balls a game and his receivers almost always bail him out. Take a look at kap throwing a jump ball to Jon Baldwin last week and what happens? Baldwin can't even locate the ball and it hits right at his feet coming down. Horrible
Clearly we have the better Baldwin, then.

squicken

#GlennonOAT

His poise has really impressed me so far more than anything. His first start against Arizona was probably the last time I saw him panic into making a costly mistake.

That SEA game was really an eye opener. It's too bad the coaching staff turtled in the second half. I also like that the offensive coaches are no longer idiots now that Freeman is gone. Just maybe he was the problem, and all the internet types rushing to his defense were wrong?

ShaneB

Been trying to find the original source for these logos ( I was thinking it was the NFL 2020 stuff they're doing, but I can't see it anywhere), but I can't, so ah well. I think these look pretty bad ass.

ib0LFyLJCZiKnA.PNG

cdyhybrid

That SEA game was really an eye opener. It's too bad the coaching staff turtled in the second half. I also like that the offensive coaches are no longer idiots now that Freeman is gone. Just maybe he was the problem, and all the internet types rushing to his defense were wrong?

Nah, Schiano is still a cunt.

cajunator

Banned
Fuck Thursday night games. If it weren't for the four day break (and divisional opponent) between games I'd be feeling good about the Saints' chances, but since that's not the case I think there's a great chance of us losing the game. Everyone knows at this point that this isn't the same team on the road as it is at home. Records don't mean shit on the field. The Falcons are burning garbage and have nothing left to play for other than try to fuck up the Saints shot at a division title.

Right. Also no Jahri evans and a bunch of cornerbacks off the street.

Syrinx

I've said this before, but I think what I think has gotten the offensive coaches going more than anything was Doug Martin's injury. Not because he was a bad player, but because Sullivan and co. just seemed to use him as a crutch and their playcalling was just completely uninspired. Since then, the offense has been opened up a bit more for Glennon and forced them to make use of guys like Mike James and Bobby Rainey.

Spinluck

Been trying to find the original source for these logos ( I was thinking it was the NFL 2020 stuff they're doing, but I can't see it anywhere), but I can't, so ah well. I think these look pretty bad ass.

ib0LFyLJCZiKnA.PNG

I like the classic look of our jerseys. I'd be OK with it never changing. Same with the logo. Interesting stuff though!

squicken

Nah, Schiano is still a cunt.

I said offensive coaches. When Freeman got released, there was a lot of stuff on the internet that Sullivan was too basic. Too many isolation routes. No stacks or bunches. I haven't paid enough attention to any adjustments they have made, but I noted at the time that teams use iso routes to simplify reads for the QB

DMczaf

yes.

and there is a difference between defending freeman's on field play, and defending freeman's government mandated medical privacy.

Except it was already proven the leak did not come from anyone inside the Buccaneers.

My money is on Freeman's agent.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
When NFLGAF last year was riding the Kaepernick, RGIII, Tannehill, Wilson badwagon and saying they were better young QBs than Stafford, I stood firm. This year has proven me to be correct yet again.
Why do I know you're talking about total passing yards here?

ShaneB

I like the classic look of our jerseys. I'd be OK with it never changing. Same with the logo. Interesting stuff though!

Yeah, I'm all for history and tradition with some jerseys and building a brand that lasts a long time, but I always enjoy seeing different variations.

Wow Dolphins one is awful,

Yeah, they're not all winners! :p

edit: Ah ok, now that I read a bit more, the author of the post on a Madden 08 PC board I visit did take credit for making those logos for a potential mod he is working on. That mystery is now solved.

ib0LFyLJCZiKnA.PNG

Why do people try to update the Raiders logo? It's amazing and should never be changed.

Milchjon

Listening to the Patriots.com radio. They're all predicting a Broncos win. Well, except for one guy who predicts Peyton will be knocked out of the game.

Top Bottom