• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

You guys aren`t as good as before but you`re right in the middle of a potential AFC North title or Wildcard.

Again we played in shitty weather conditions we`re not used to and we played against a pissed off Ben (due to trade rumors) who had a lot to prove.

As for the sack issue, there were numerous times we though we had Ben down and he somehow slipped by, got loose and made a play. He is the only QB in the league who can do that, and IMO that was one of the main reasons we lost.

We didn`t choke and we certainty don`t suck, considering we are third in the NFC, we just lost a tough road game against a team on the rise.

But like I said before if we lose to the Bucs at home then we can sound the panic alarm.
Lions need to worry about that secondary.

This is the first game all season where Ben didn't scramble around like a headless chicken. He got the ball out quick and receivers torched them. Granted he ran no huddle 75% of the game but most of the damage came early. I thought Rasean Mathis (AKA Ben's kryptonite) was going to be a factor, and he did almost pick off a pass, but the Steelers O feasted on the dbacks all day.

Don't know why people are tripping over that last play. Panthers were 8-11 on 3rd down. You have all those chances to get off the field and never do. Simple as that.

3 of those being magical Cam scrambles which all went for like 20 yards. Just bad defense and great plays by Cam.

squicken

Yes but if they were smart they would fire him and bring in a good coach. He has held them back. Under him the Lions are always finding new ways to lose.

Jesus I still can't believe he made the fake punt call with the game on the line. Just toss it up to Megatron or test our shit defense (this year they always choke on 4th). They let us off the hook and this year the division was theirs to win and they still might fuck it up. Same with the Browns, though they at least have the excuse of injury.

I hate Schwartz. If I were a Lions fans I'd feel the way Texans fans feel about Kubiak. He's awful in a whole different way. But the end result is both of those idiots are squandering the talents of two transcendent WRs. Yes Megatron is better but both are awesome and guys you want to cheer for

Crisco

Banned
3 of those being magical Cam scrambles which all went for like 20 yards. Just bad defense and great plays by Cam.

The one where he danced with your entire front 7 was a magical play, but the others were recognizing the coverage and taking what the defense gave him. Big boy football.

Quickly, before GAF goes down for another hour.

Taking with Vinny & Cook on his show on 93.7 The Fan just now, Ben explained what happened after Steelers went up by three after TD to Will Johnson:

"Mike T came right up to me on the sideline, took his headset off and said, 'Ben, we get this ball back, I’m not sitting on this. We’re stayin in the no-huddle. We’re not playing not to lose. We’re staying in this mode. He grabbed Coach Haley and said the same thing right in front of me. He was adamant. He said, 'I'm not playing not to lose the game.' I give coach a lot of credit for that situation."

On the TD pass to Cotchery, Ben said, "I saw the coverage. ... I knew that our best bet was to try to get Jerricho down the seam."

bionic77

Lions need to worry about that secondary.

This is the first game all season where Ben didn't scramble around like a headless chicken. He got the ball out quick and receivers torched them. Granted he ran no huddle 75% of the game but most of the damage came early. I thought Rasean Mathis (AKA Ben's kryptonite) was going to be a factor, and he did almost pick off a pass, but the Steelers O feasted on the dbacks all day.
I always wonder why we don't run no huddle more often. Or hell why more teams don't. 80% of the time that Ben runs it it works every time.

We try every year to force the run and waste downs and are unable to do it. But fuck it. Let's keep hitting or head against the wall and averaging less than 2 yards a carry.

MechDX

BZZAcJDCIAAAoLD.jpg:large

thatsmyfutureQB.gif

I always wonder why we don't run no huddle more often. Or hell why more teams don't. 80% of the time that Ben runs it it works every time.

We try every year to force the run and waste downs and are unable to do it. But fuck it. Let's keep hitting or head against the wall and averaging less than 2 yards a carry.

If you gave this Oline dynamite, they still couldn't open up a running lane.

BTW, we're back to second best Run D in the league behind....the Jests! I didn't expect to see them at number 1. Chickens and Niners don't even crack the top 5. Chickens are beasting at pass D where they rank second. What a difference having a competent CB2 makes, ours is really holding us back. I'm pretty disappointed with Powers as I heard he was actually pretty good in Indy but just had problems staying healthy. He's stayed healthy this year but blows coverage on a regular basis.

Because Ben's no better in the no huddle than he is out of it. Lions secondary sucks and bit on a lot of stuff the Steelers ran.

Steelers Depot says:

Ben's stats in no huddle - 47-78 passing (60.4%) for 615 yards, 4TD, 2INT
Outside of no huddle - 200-305 passing (65.6%) for 2286 yards, 13TD 8INT

Run game still sucks, but at least the situational runs have improved (short 3rd and 4th down runs).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mech is going to be really disappointed when Kubiak returns and brings back Schaub.

But to be fair Schaub will compete* for the starting spot.

*He'll do terrible but still get it based on "experience".

MechDX

Mech is going to be really disappointed when Kubiak returns and brings back Schaub.

Don't make me put that avatar back on! Ill do it!

Kubiak going to be hired as OC in Cleveland. Will convince Browns FO to bring in Schaub as "the wiley vet back up".

CrankyJay

Banned

I won't even start Keenum in Fantasy this week because I can't trust Kubiak to leave him in for the entire fucking game, so now I have fucking Fitztragic as my QB....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Don't make me put that avatar back on! Ill do it!

Kubiak going to be hired as OC in Cleveland. Will convince Browns FO to bring in Schaub as "the wiley vet back up".

Do it! I DARE YOU!

I win either way you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttccccccchhhhhhh!!

We win maybe we make playoffs, we lose and guess we are in prime position for a QB.

You can't hurt me Mech, you're fradulent and stuck forever with Schaub.

Zoctan

During their four game winning streak, the Giants defense has stepped up. They rank 11th in yards allowed, in the top 10 against the run, and average (15th) against the pass.

I expect the streak to continue Sunday at home against Dallas.

Dragon

Banned
Weird that this quote came from the mouth of a guy who assaulted a ref not too long ago.

If Belichick assaulted a ref, then Mike Tyson not only raped Desiree Washington but murdered her and went all necrophilic on her.

During their four game winning streak, the Giants defense has stepped up. They rank 11th in yards allowed, in the top 10 against the run, and average (15th) against the pass.

I expect the streak to continue Sunday at home against Dallas.

I can't wait until they win the Super Bowl with a 7-9 record.

MechDX

Do it! I DARE YOU!

I win either way you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttccccccchhhhhhh!!

We win maybe we make playoffs, we lose and guess we are in prime position for a QB.

You can't hurt me Mech, you're fradulent and stuck forever with Schaub.

You're a Canadian Browns fan....its like the lowest of low. Bagged milk, Nickelback and constant suckiness.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Huh? You bastard you got me excited for nothing.

It's true. Bob McNair called a meeting with the minority owners and wants him gone ASAP.

@johngranato Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?
7:56pm - 18 Nov 13

Start there, keep reading.

The Panthers haven't lost since I started wearing this shameful Cam avatar.

5-0

I am surprised chan could drive anyone away. I always thought that the snes and gata stuff was the worst by far. Chan was just dumb but he could also be funny, which snes and gata never were. The worst stuff by far is the Browns and Bengals fans crying about how mean nfl-gaf is to the poor wittle Pats. I hope the Steelers and Ravens win that division for the rest of time now.

This is so...curious to me. Why do yall support pure evil? No god-fearing warm-blooded person with a soul should ever root for them to win anything.

MechDX

It's true. Bob McNair called a meeting with the minority owners and wants him gone ASAP.

@johngranato Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?
7:56pm - 18 Nov 13

Start there, keep reading.

Nothing came of it as I posted this yesterday. Uncle Bob still has the final say and Im not very confident he will actually do it. The signs are there though.....Lance Z stated this morning that Dre's vocal opinion didn't stop when he left the field Sunday. He tore into Matt and Kubiak in the locker room. Now the players are turning on fans saying we are too wishy washy and the team deserves better. lol

Crisco

Banned
I just can't take Broncos, Saints, or Patriots fans bitching about officiating seriously. Your QBs are treated like pregnant woman, they can't be legally touched by the defense.

Top Bottom