• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

bionic77

FMT do you already have an avatar bet for our game in week 14?

Haha yes! Can't wait to see what this year's buttfumble equivalent will be
I feel like the second half of Steelers Pats was more embarrassing than buttfumble. More specifically the last 16 minutes where they dropped 30 points on us.

KaYotiX

Banned
It was the only Lions game I didn`t watch this year. Was going to go to San Diego to watch the game but plans changed when some high school buddies came down.

All I know is your elite offense scored what, 19 points?

I was just responding to the question and typed Detroit Lions anime into Google. I swear guys I did not have those previously saved on my HD. Honest.

Without looking I think it was 22-7 and your 7 came in garbage time with like 4 mins left. :)

HoFlynn gonna light that Lions ass up!!

I found this Q/A from Bill Simmons' mailbag today interesting:

Q: The reason the Saints list Jimmy Graham as a Tight End and not a Wide Receiver is easy. He's set to be a free agency in 2014 and they will likely apply the Franchise tag. This year, a WR franchise tag would pay him about $10.54 million, but a TE franchise tag is worth $6.07 million. Jared Cook's agents tried to get the Titans to use the WR tag on him. 

—Ullas, Seattle

SG: Intriguing! ESPN Stats & Info sent me some fascinating numbers on this one. Through 12 weeks, Graham has played 486 offensive snaps — 317 pass routes and 169 other snaps (either pass or run blocking). So let's split up his receiving stats into these three categories: lined up on the line as a TE, in the slot, or on the outside as a WR. Here are the numbers …

On line as TE: 63 routes, 21 targets, 13 catches, 314 yards, 4 TDs
Slot receiver: 158 routes, 49 targets, 34 catches, 423 yards, 4 TDs
Wide outside: 96 routes, 26 targets, 18 catches, 209 yards, 3 TDs

So he has run 80 percent of his pass routes as a slot guy or receiver. Wait, it gets better. Forty-one tight ends have run more routes on the line than Graham, including such luminaries as Jeron Mastrud (71), Allen Reisner (70) and Vance McDonald (70). Graham's 13 catches lined up on the line as a tight end are 23rd in the league. Graham has 632 yards from the slot or split wide, 49 more than any other TE. Graham's 52 catches from the slot or split wide are tied with Tony Gonzalez for most among TEs. And Graham's 75 targets from the slot or split wide are second in the league (Gonzalez, 77). So you tell me … is Jimmy Graham really a tight end?

sanchez-fumble-11-22-12.gif
The quad box is good, but it cuts off before Sanchez buries his face in the turf in shame. And that's a shame.

squicken

Chad Henne vs Brandon Weeden
38 degrees is the day's high.
Lessgo!

Read something that Heene was about all Weeden could hope to end up as. Seemed about right

ive only seen 1.5 rams games this year but his "blocking" against the niners was fucking hilarious

We''ll see if it matters, but the Rams are super salty about that game. Got dominated on both lines. After the game, Fisher got rid of the spread offense and went to the ground and pound. SF is simply a more talented team, but STL should keep it close unless Clemens starts throwing INTs

Read something that Heene was about all Weeden could hope to end up as. Seemed about right

We''ll see if it matters, but the Rams are super salty about that game. Got dominated on both lines. After the game, Fisher got rid of the spread offense and went to the ground and pound. SF is simply a more talented team, but STL should keep it close unless Clemens starts throwing INTs

i'll never forget 3rd and inches.... go 4 wide and throw deep for the pick. classic grampsford

I actually don't hate Henne, or atleast like him way more then Gabbert. But yeah they're both no franchise Qb.

NFL.com's Chase Goodbread reports that scouts from the Rams, Bears, Browns, Cardinals, and Buccaneers will be on hand at Saturday's Texas A&M-Missouri game.
Between the Aggies' QB Johnny Manziel, LT Jake Matthews, WR Mike Evans, and the Tigers' DL Kony Ealy, DE Michael Sam, and CB E.J. Gaines, those scouts will have plenty to see.
Mikes Evans for you, JFF for us!

Drakeon

All 3 NFCW games that we've got left are going to be tough. Glad we have the Rams at home and that it's not in St Louis. But the Rams aren't to be taken lightly, worried about the Rams D line. They won't be a gimme like the Redskins.

All 3 NFCW games that we've got left are going to be tough. Glad we have the Rams at home and that it's not in St Louis. But the Rams aren't to be taken lightly, worried about the Rams D line. They won't be a gimme like the Redskins.

but even the redskins game was 10-6 at the half because our offense is so inconsistent. some drives we look incredible and then most of the drives we either go 3 and out or get a first down and then punt. the reason this happens is because kap has not learned to use his check downs. will he ever learn? i dont know

squicken

i'll never forget 3rd and inches.... go 4 wide and throw deep for the pick. classic grampsford

That was his worst game as a pro. Was on national TV so it is all anyone saw; no one knows that he was having his best year until the injury. Oh well. He's rich, he can live with the bad luck

Yeah the Rams offense won't do anything. But I don't really think much of SF's offense. Rams keep it close then any fluke play can decide the game. Like CAR-SF or NO-SF. Have to hope the luck just goes against SF again

That was his worst game as a pro. Was on national TV so it is all anyone saw; no one knows that he was having his best year until the injury. Oh well. He's rich, he can live with the bad luck

also donte whitner was flagged and fined for that "illegal" hit in the endzone breaking up the TD late. replays showed he didn't lead with his helmet and didn't hit helmet to helmet and it turns out the NFL removed the fine and said it shouldn't have been called a penalty. should've been what they did and said about the brees hit!

squicken

I actually don't hate Henne, or atleast like him way more then Gabbert. But yeah they're both no franchise Qb.
Mikes Evans for you, JFF for us!

If the Rams don't get Jace Amaro or Mike Evan I'm going to be pissed. Still lack a guy like Boldin who can win when covered

If the Rams don't get Jace Amaro or Mike Evan I'm going to be pissed. Still lack a guy like Boldin who can win when covered
Let's see if he declares.
Tweet from him the other day
In the end it will all make sense. Thank you for making my decision for next year that much easier.
Guess he got snubbed by the Mackey award committee. Think he should come out however

pre-game thoughts, since I probably won't be able to post much during the game (I'm gonna serve food to some homeless folks in Detroit before heading to my parents house).

This is a make-or-break game for the Detroit Lions. If we lose, our season is likely effectively over. Yes we can still win the division even if we lose tomorrow, but losing three games in a row against at or below .500 teams is something I can't see us recovering from. A loss tomorrow would continue a tail spin that might leave us with 7 or 8 wins for the season at best.

GB is banged up, Rodgers isn't playing. There is no excuse for losing tomorrow at home. If we do, Schwartz should be fired plain and simple. Not right away, but after we bomb the rest of our games and miss the playoffs. I'm tired of his shit. On paper, we should win tomorrow handily. But I just cannot trust this team after the last two weeks of failure against bad teams.

Stafford needs to step up. Our d-line needs to play disiplined and not give away stupid penalties. Our secondary needs to show up. If we do those things we'll win. If not, the season is over.

rando14

no, lets lock in that bet now friend!

Done and done! One week, no anime /furry/brony!

pre-game thoughts, since I probably won't be able to post much during the game (I'm gonna serve food to some homeless folks in Detroit before heading to my parents house).

This is a make-or-break game for the Detroit Lions. If we lose, our season is likely effectively over. Yes we can still win the division even if we lose tomorrow, but losing three games in a row against at or below .500 teams is something I can't see us recovering from. A loss tomorrow would continue a tail spin that might leave us with 7 or 8 wins for the season at best.

GB is banged up, Rodgers isn't playing. There is no excuse for losing tomorrow at home. If we do, Schwartz should be fired plain and simple. Not right away, but after we bomb the rest of our games and miss the playoffs. I'm tired of his shit. On paper, we should win tomorrow handily. But I just cannot trust this team after the last two weeks of failure against bad teams.

Stafford needs to step up. Our d-line needs to play disiplined and not give away stupid penalties. Our secondary needs to show up. If we do those things we'll win. If not, the season is over.

That's awesome man :')

Ninja Scooter, avatar bet right now. If Giants win you wear an avi of my choice for 2 weeks. If Washington wins (LOL) you pick out an avi I have to wear for 2 weeks.

Striker

Davis is, or used to be, a good blocker. There's the H-back types who just catch short routes all day in underneath coverage and stat pad that way. Names like Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark, Eric Johnson, Brandon Myers.. Dallas Clark was always a slot receiver in Indy. Those TE's are awful blocking so they shouldn't be used in basic formations (ahem, Giants/Gilbride/Myers). So, if the TE is talented enough and has enough speed, I wouildn't blame them for using their size outside more against smaller DB's or slower LB's. Giants did it frequently with Shockey and that's what worked.

The Saints run a lot of short passes, and that's what most of his catches come on. Brees targets Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles a lot, too.

MRSA

Banned
So somebody ate our staff's food, I'm gonna point fingers at the lowly Pats fan. He's fat and a douche, typical Pats behavior.

WedgeX

Banned
Off to run the Detroit Turkey Trot before watching the game today. Go Lions! Boooooo Packers!

Happy turkey day, nfl-gaf

MRSA

Banned
So I keep getting demoted here tonight. Went from tech to unit secretary to safety attendant. Now I'm playing A Link Between Worlds while being a safety attendant for a suicidal drunk.

Milchjon

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm not thankful for the timesink that is GAF, yet I'm thankful for a lot of you guys.

Special shoutout to Colasante for bringing a bit more respectability to Pats-GAF ;-)

Top Bottom