• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

cdyhybrid

Guys, we had a table at the club and there were ~5 Seahawks players on the table next to us, celebrating one of their birthdays. None of them drank though. Still mindful of the game coming up!

Also, I just got home (it's 8:42AM). Not too old to party.

I don't understand how Bill handles Ridley. Sure he's had a couple fumbles, but when Vareen was out it was so clearly obvious that he was the most talented back they had and he'd give his carries to scrubs like Blount. Is he a FA after the season? I think he'd be an attractive option for a few teams this offseason.

Who cares? We used him up and shipped him off.

Lol sure. Love how you always turn around the arguments to how they suit you well.

I don't understand how Bill handles Ridley. Sure he's had a couple fumbles, but when Vareen was out it was so clearly obvious that he was the most talented back they had and he'd give his carries to scrubs like Blount. Is he a FA after the season? I think he'd be an attractive option for a few teams this offseason.

It's obvious Riddley is the best pure runner on the squad, but his timely turnovers are a real problem. Give him time to get his confidence back up, and ease him back in throughout the end of the season.

Colasante

His contract expires after the 2014 season, but I think it's entirely possible they trade him for a 3rd or 4th if they can get it and draft a replacement. I don't understand why he's benched. In Belichick I trust, but it's not as though forcing Ridley to sit and think about what he's done is going to change anything. I'm sure he's already very aware that he shouldn't fumble. But I'm not the coach, so whatever.

Konka

Banned
Lol sure. Love how you always turn around the arguments to how they suit you well.

It's obvious Riddley is the best pure runner on the squad, but his timely turnovers are a real problem. Give him time to get his confidence back up, and ease him back in throughout the end of the season.

Hey now, the Steelers draft really well. That's why the team is a bunch of old farts.

Mendenhall started for us from 2009 to 2012. He was a quality back who started a Super Bowl. Dude had a head full of rocks and never got a second contract.

Steven Ridley was drafted in 2011 and started the same year. Two years in he's now benched. What exactly is your argument?

I'm getting tired of every news article using Flacco's "He tried my move" when talking about Tomlin on the field.

Tomlin interfeared, you talked about it....ya big ol' puss

Colasante

Mendenhall started for us from 2009 to 2012. He was a quality back who started a Super Bowl. Dude had a head full of rocks and never got a second contract.

Steven Ridley was drafted in 2011 and started the same year. Two years in he's now benched. What exactly is your argument?

He didn't start in 2011, BenJarvus Green-Ellis did. Ridley started last season and had 1,263 yards and 12 TDs. This season he has 576 yards and 7 TDs. Yeah, what a bum. I'd much rather have Chris Rainey.

I don't even know why I even keep bothering with these stupid arguments.

His contract expires after the 2014 season, but I think it's entirely possible they trade him for a 3rd or 4th if they can get it and draft a replacement. I don't understand why he's benched. In Belichick I trust, but it's not as though forcing Ridley to sit and think about what he's done is going to change anything. I'm sure he's already very aware that he shouldn't fumble. But I'm not the coach, so whatever.

It's not just Belichick who does this. All coaches are hard on fumbling RBs. fumbling is such a back breaker.

I understand the benching, what I don't get is how a RB is supposed to get back on the field after being benched.

I don't even know why I even keep bothering with these stupid arguments.

I win!

He didn't start in 2011, BenJarvus Green-Ellis did. Ridley started last season and had 1,263 yards and 12 TDs. This season he has 576 yards and 7 TDs. Yeah, what a bum. I'd much rather have Chris Rainey.

My fault on the starting.

Don't get why you're comparing him to Rainey. Rainey was drafted as a project, not as a bellcow back.

jbug617

Banned
Houston turf looking beat up. I think they played a college game earlier this week.

Baah2X7CMAAUqK1.jpg

squicken

Houston turf looking beat up. I think they played a college game earlier this week.

[ig]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Baah2X7CMAAUqK1.jpg[/img]

That field is always shit. I hate that the league lets them continue to use it. Tore Welker's knee and ripped apart the leg of HOU's punter a couple years back

Boose

Had a nightmare that I ordered a Tavon jersey but when it got here it was a Patrick Willis jersey. I don't know what this means.

MechDX

The two things have nothing to do with each other.

Never implied they did. But your coach bitched about that field after Welkers injury and he won* a Superbowl on that field two years before.

Im not getting into any kind of discussion with your about this since you will probably just cry that Im being mean and insensitive.

Bowser

You missed a lot of anime. Better go back and read it all.

...no.

How did you lose to Duke? lol

Meh, we sucked this year. Oh well, last UNC FB coach to lose his first two to Duke was Mack Brown, so maybe it's a good omen?

You missed Alabama losing in spectacular fashion.

I was on a flight back to NYC during the end of this game, landed to the SC alert on my phone...I was like wtf. Pretty amazing way for a game to end.

Dragon

Banned
Never implied they did. But your coach bitched about that field after Welkers injury and he won* a Superbowl on that field two years before.

Im not getting into any kind of discussion with your about this since you will probably just cry that Im being mean and insensitive.

What's the point of even talking about it then?

The field is utter shit, winning a SB doesn't change that. It's just a bizarre comment.

Top Bottom