• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Farooq

Banned
I googled oldest QB's to start an NFL game.

1. Steve DeBerg

DeBerg was 44 years and 279 days old when he started for the Atlanta Falcons on October 25, 1998. He made a spot start when the 5-1 Falcons visited the New York Jets. Atlanta was blown out in the game 28-3. DeBerg completed just nine of 20 passes and threw an interception. He did not finish the game.

2. Vinny Testaverde

Testaverde was 44 years and 27 days old when he made his last NFL start with the Carolina Panthers. The game came on December 9, 2007 and was his sixth start of the season for the Panthers. Carolina lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars 37-6. Testaverde completed less than half his passes and did not finish the game.

3. Warren Moon

Moon was 44 years and eight days old when he made his last start on November 26, 2000. One of the most prolific passes in NFL history, Moon was with the Kansas City Chiefs when he made his last start. Moon hadn't started in nearly two years and it showed in the 17-16 loss to the San Diego Chargers. He completed 12 of 31 passes and threw one interception.

4. Doug Flutie

Flutie was 42 years and 71 days old when he made an NFL start for the San Diego Chargers on January 2, 2005. Flutie had an average game by throwing and running for a touchdown as the Chargers would win 24-17. He would play the 2005 season with the New England Patriots but made no starts.

5. Earl Morrall

Morrall made a start with the Miami Dolphins on December 1, 1975. Morrall was 41 years and 195 days old. He actually had a decent game. He completed 14 of 17 passes and had a touchdown pass as the Dolphins beat the Patriots.

Per: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-9161169

Favre turned 44 in October.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Old enough to remember when that episode of Seinfeld first aired.

And when the Pats were Garbage. Pre-Tuck Rule game.

I don't remember this time period? Pretty sure the pre-Brady era involved the Patriots greatest QB of all time in Drew Bledsoe. The last QB to take the Patriots to the Super Bowl.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Didn't get to post yesterday, was out all day for christmas party, but got to watch plenty of football. thoughts...

It's reached that time of the year where everything is already known for the most part and i'm just ready for the playoffs... 18 game season would be way too much. Pats looked good whenever Vereen was on the field, but weren't as sharp without. Obviously the score was overblown given the late turnovers, but it was good to see Talib or lack or Talib. Seems he has actually recovered, which I didn't expect at all. Hopefully McCourty comes back, and eventually Dennard can get his feet back under him. Hightower played better, which isn't saying much after his garbage this season. I was more excited about Collins, who looked ridiculously fast and athletic. Also Chandler Jones is an absolute beast, deserves a ton of credit for Ninkos sack total. Amendola looked quick, but still not lovin him, considering he's being severely outplayed by Edelman, who has finally lived up to how hyped he was his rookie season. Overall it was a good win, but Vereen needs to be on the field.

The rest of the league was same old stuff. Really excited to watch eagles/cowboys next week though. Also really not sure what to think about the seahawks. Their offense is far too inconsistent.

Farooq

Banned
Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead 1h
Via last week's On Air podcast with @josh_ellis11, Brett Favre is on Cowboys' short list of quarterbacks if Tony Romo was lost for season.

Josh Ellis ‏@josh_ellis11 1h
The Favre nugget was per assistant director of player personnel Will McClay. Credit @DCStarMagazine. Thx.

It begins...

Farooq

Banned
If Brett would come back it would be a recipe for disaster. Less than a week to learn and play in a system. Plus age and rust.

It is fun to think about though. If he did come back, maybe Jerry's oil money can pay for a Hollywood ending.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Brett would come back it would be a recipe for disaster. Less than a week to learn and play in a system. Plus age and rust.

It is fun to think about though. If he did come back, maybe Jerry's oil money can pay for a Hollywood ending.

Dunno, I'd still rather have Brent than fucking Kyle Orton.

Greg

sling plays and slang plays work in every system

Found this on my facebook, pretty funny.

995262_10202983840746806_611001723_n.jpg

Mrbob

670 The Score has been amazing today. Laurence Holmes back at his rightful place in his night time show and is laying into the Bears. Specifically Mel Tucker and how bad he is.

So atlanta, why did your team fall off the map this year? They tanked so fast that i didn't hear a lot of media analysis as to why. It was like Matt Ryan got big deal, they had high expectations, then they started loosing early but thought theyd turn it around and then it never did.

It can't be just injuries since even Dallas has 8 wins with a ton of injuries

Spinluck

Yup. See: Matt Ryan post Julio or Luck post Reggie

It seems like Luck has been slowly adjusting to playing without Wayne. Is he a much better QB with Reggie? Of course, but he's also throwing to guys who can't catch the deep ball consistently (outside of Hilton). and a bunch of other dudes you probably couldn't name.

While being the most hit QB in the league.

<3 my QB

mtv3p4z.jpg

With that said I hope we lose next week to avoid going 1 and done.

Mrbob

Lol, Laurence Holmes is the best.

"The Bears have a chance on Sunday to win the game. A chance if Green Bay is stupid." Dat confidence going into Sunday!

We jinxed all the other teams in the NFCN besides GB. It's just your time. I don't care if mech is sitting it out. I owe it to Mr Boob

Thank you friend. I know you are doing your best but I'm not certain your powers alone can overcome had bad the defense is.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AdamSchefter
Cowboys are scheduled to work out free-agent QBs John Skelton and David Carr on Tuesday, per source.

might as well call brent..

Narag

It seems like Luck has been slowly adjusting to playing without Wayne. Is he a much better QB with Reggie? Of course, but he's also throwing to guys who can't catch the deep ball consistently (outside of Hilton). and a bunch of other dudes you probably couldn't name.

While being the most hit QB in the league.

<3 my QB

mtv3p4z.jpg

With that said I hope we lose next week to avoid going 1 and done.

Around the League podcast said Griff Whalen was the new Blair White :(

Top Bottom