• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Greg

irvintwo.jpg
:jnc

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
TO is the same size but not as athletic. Randy Moss was 30 lbs lighter. Both are all time greats with long careers. And the rules are protecting the wide receiver more and more these days.

You wouldn't be drafting his replacement this year or even the next, unless you're betting on a major injury occurring.

Good points on TO and Moss. I still worry about guys going for his knees considering how big he is.

But we wouldn't be drafting a replacement we'd be drafting a solid #2 receiver which we haven't had since Titus Young lost his mind. Not having a solid #2 receiver has really hurt Stafford as well.

JCizzle

TO is the same size but not as athletic. Randy Moss was 30 lbs lighter. Both are all time greats with long careers. And the rules are protecting the wide receiver more and more these days.

You wouldn't be drafting his replacement this year or even the next, unless you're betting on a major injury occurring.

Not sure I agree that TO wasn't as athletic. He didn't have the same ball skills, but was faster and better in space IMO.

JABEE

Today is a special day, my sweet innocent NFL-GAF. If all goes according to (our Lord's) plan, by the end of today we will have the Patriots in the playoffs and the Dolphins (and especially their fans) crying over another failure of a season. That disgusting team from Miami that every American has grown to hate will be sent away by our unsung heroes, the Buffalo Bills, and we will celebrate together.

I wrote a Christmas poem, I'm hoping it will help our Pats win today. Not just for us Pats fans, but all of NFL-GAF.

Twas the Sunday before Christmas, and all through our NFL thread
only lifelongs were posting, all fans born and bred.
The olds were all worrying, about their arthritis and aches
While the Chans and the Snes's, pondering their next alts to make
None were expecting a sound, when what is that they hear?
The sound of Uggs on the roof, a sound they came to fear
Through the chimney he fell, letting out a scream as he lands
Looking for the refs, he saw nothing but two small hands
A little gata had awoken, his eyes wide from the loud stomp
Our Lord and savior had come, to rescue him from the swamp
Sorry, my gata friend, our Lord said as he unfurled a green yellow and black flag
I only help my true fans, but I hear you like the Jags
So to the roof he went, leaving behind the small lifelong
Where he found his trusted friends, who failed him in his swan song
On Gonk, on Mayo, on Wilfuck, on Woodcock, on Wekler, on Vollmer,
Take me to Baltimore, I have some Ravens to murder.

go pats

Tom Brady would never go down a chimney.

But pretty good. I like the part about Gata not being a true fan.

Tom Penny

Today is a special day, my sweet innocent NFL-GAF. If all goes according to (our Lord's) plan, by the end of today we will have the Patriots in the playoffs and the Dolphins (and especially their fans) crying over another failure of a season. That disgusting team from Miami that every American has grown to hate will be sent away by our unsung heroes, the Buffalo Bills, and we will celebrate together.

I wrote a Christmas poem, I'm hoping it will help our Pats win today. Not just for us Pats fans, but all of NFL-GAF.

Twas the Sunday before Christmas, and all through our NFL thread
only lifelongs were posting, all fans born and bred.
The olds were all worrying, about their arthritis and aches
While the Chans and the Snes's, pondering their next alts to make
None were expecting a sound, when what is that they hear?
The sound of Uggs on the roof, a sound they came to fear
Through the chimney he fell, letting out a scream as he lands
Looking for the refs, he saw nothing but two small hands
A little gata had awoken, his eyes wide from the loud stomp
Our Lord and savior had come, to rescue him from the swamp
Sorry, my gata friend, our Lord said as he unfurled a green yellow and black flag
I only help my true fans, but I hear you like the Jags
So to the roof he went, leaving behind the small lifelong
Where he found his trusted friends, who failed him in his swan song
On Gonk, on Mayo, on Wilfuck, on Woodcock, on Wekler, on Vollmer,
Take me to Baltimore, I have some Ravens to murder.

go pats

No bad and I don't even like rap music.

Even with the understanding that these pregame show "analysts" are some of the dumbest people on tv, I'm surprised with the amount of them picking the Chiefs.

To be fair, all I've seen of the Colts the past few weeks are the stat line and highlights, but the Chiefs are coming off of giving up 31 points to McGloin.

They haven't been able to generate consistent pressure in close to two months, and I expect that to continue today.

MechDX

Even with the understanding that these pregame show "analysts" are some of the dumbest people on tv, I'm surprised with the amount of them picking the Chiefs.

To be fair, all I've seen of the Colts the past few weeks are the stat line and highlights, but the Chiefs are coming off of giving up 31 points to McGloin.

They haven't been able to generate consistent pressure in close to two months, and I expect that to continue today.

Colts won the division by default because the other 3 teams are complete trash at this point. On the other hand the Chiefs got their wins by beating the same 3 AFC south teams and playing a last place schedule. Shit vs shit!

Tamanon

Banned
I gotta miss football today and probably next week. Stupid holiday shenanigans. Gotta go to a friend of the lady's house for lunch and then drive to Greenville to sign a lease tomorrow. And next weekend, she has 3 family members coming from Ecuador to visit for the next week. Hopefully I can at least squeeze out Monday Night Football. :/

GO JAGS!

Vyroxis

Banned
God the NFC North is a mess. Vikings, Packers, and Bears are all in shambles, and the Lions can't even hold onto the damn lead.

WTF Lions. W.T.F.

Really liking Deone Bucannon as a safety prospect the more I see of him. Looked great yesterday.

Right now my dream draft would be

1st Clowney
2nd Aaron Donald
3rd Bucannon

Trey

Good points on TO and Moss. I still worry about guys going for his knees considering how big he is.

But we wouldn't be drafting a replacement we'd be drafting a solid #2 receiver which we haven't had since Titus Young lost his mind. Not having a solid #2 receiver has really hurt Stafford as well.

You always want more weapons. And if you could get a Dez Bryant level prospect at the WR position then of course you have to make that move. The match up advantages alone will make the offense appreciably better.

Not sure I agree that TO wasn't as athletic. He didn't have the same ball skills, but was faster and better in space IMO.

I don't have much knowledge of TO pre-Eagles. I'm pretty sure Calvin Johnson is faster. Maybe TO had the edge on him in agility.

By all accounts Terrell Owens was a freak athlete. And we get to watch a dude who is taller, bigger, faster with better hands and route running.

brentech

Someone on ESPN earlier said he wanted to give the appearance of being tough lol lol lol. Missed it in the article too, so beautiful! What a bitch!
I don't think he could fake the way he talks about wanting to come back as he does on his radio show. He cares too much about the game for all that to be an appearance.

KaYotiX

Banned
Man it is the fucking snowpocalypse here at work. So dead, so I hope I'll get cut early in time to get home for the game. Idiot procrastinators will still be out, so a normally ten-minute drive will take 25, probably. My Focus does me no favors either, I slid out of my driveway and almost hopped the curb this morning.

A Focus in Wisconsin? Man I'm sorry.... When I was in high school I had a Chrysler Aeris K and that thing sucked also. Got a truck ASAP then said fuck winter and moved to TX lol

Stay safe though man :)

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Sunday that the Texans had a seven-hour interview with Lovie Smith this past week, and have stayed in touch with him since.
Glazer added that Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt is a "hot name" in Houston, and could be next on owner Bob McNair's list of interviewees. McNair seems intent on hiring a retread head coach, pursuing candidates with NFL head-coaching experience. Whisenhunt (Cardinals) and Lovie (Bears) both fit that criteria.
Fuck mech!

Top Bottom