• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Its hard getting up for todays game knowing our playoff fate is no longer in our hands. Oh well I'd like to see improvements from our key players.

Funny story though, yesterday I went to my local grocery store which has a bank inside it. I was wearing my Stafford jersey and the bank teller who was kind of cute asked me what I thought of Mondays game with a smile on her face. It was honestly like explaining to NFLGAF; "He's great I swear on anything, I've seen him be great, he just had a bad game in front of the whole world." She just kind of laughed with a "suuureeeee" look on her face. I didn't feel like going into my usual talk of pointing out his stats or his 2011 season and just wanted my cash. Maybe next time though.

jakncoke

Banned
Man fuck these high temps, We've actually broken our record highs on the 21st and 22nd and if forecasts follow 23rd and 24th will fall as well. Fucking heatwave. Going to start selling ketchup popsicles to the welfare kids

Its hard getting up for todays game knowing our playoff fate is no longer in our hands. Oh well I'd like to see improvements from our key players.

Funny story though, yesterday I went to my local grocery store which has a bank inside it. I was wearing my Stafford jersey and the bank teller who was kind of cute asked me what I thought of Mondays game with a smile on her face. It was honestly like explaining to NFLGAF; "He's great I swear on anything, I've seen him be great, he just had a bad game in front of the whole world." She just kind of laughed with a "suuureeeee" look on her face. I didn't feel like going into my usual talk of pointing out his stats or his 2011 season and just wanted my cash. Maybe next time though.

Your Stafford loyalty just cost you that girl. How far will you take it? Will you quit when he loses you your job? Your house?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Today will be a great day to be a Texans fan.

Cock-blocked yourself to defend Stafford's honour.

Dear lord man.

HE'S NOT WORTH IT

brentech

lol, but you were so sure that he was going to ball out on Monday night, on Ford Field, in front of the world. why hold back now?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Your Stafford loyalty just cost you that girl. How far will you take it? Will you quit when he loses you your job? Your house?

I will be vindicated one day and then she'll come crawling back. She'll say "I should've listened to you Kas, please take me" and I'll look down and whisper "No". /Rorschach

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Bill O'Brien's amended contract shows he reduced the price of an NFL buyout from $19.33 million last year to $6.48 million for this year.

Good news for Mech, bad news for jak. Well, bad news for Mech, too. He just doesn't know it yet.

MechDX

Good news for Mech, bad news for jak. Well, bad news for Mech, too. He just doesn't know it yet.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
One Penn State official said Bill O’Brien’s rep recently approached the school about potential reducing his NFL buyout even further.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
Will talk about Penn St coach Bill O’Brien later. 1 NFL team has reached out to him so far. Execs view him as a legit candidate this year

Yep. Someone is in O'Briens ear.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Don't listen to Steelers fans. Bill O'Brien is the best guy, imo. Doing a good job in tough circumstances. Just have to make sure he isn't a Schiano type or a BB wannabe at the pro level

Right. He's a Belichick guy and that tree don't bear no fruit!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Texans have the roof open today? Tha fuck? Its cloudy and rainy!

nah its going to be partly cloudy, high of 63 by kickoff.

that said, I hope my ass isn't sitting in the sun. there's no breeze in that stadium.

MechDX

i don't know that mcnair is going to spend 7 million to get him out of his contract if they won't reduce it.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
One Penn State official said Bill O’Brien’s rep recently approached the school about potential reducing his NFL buyout even further.

Any more doubt its the Texans? lol

squicken

Right. He's a Belichick guy and that tree don't bear no fruit!

Yeah that's the worry, which is why I don't think you hire one right off that staff. Guess I need to look at his job at PSU more closely, but it seems he has done well there given all their restrictions

Texans are in a good spot as far as coaching candidates. Shit division, talent isn't good but not terrible, and they have the number 1 pick. These things move so fast though. I think all the vacancies besides the Jags was fill within 2 weeks of the end of last season

Sounds like the writing is on the wall in Oakland. Davis refused Allen's request to extend his assistants last week...smh

Would love O'Brien to come here, but doubt Davis has the money for a bidding war and the Texans are obviously a more attractive gig. O'Brien is familiar with McGloin though, who hasn't played bad for a rookie. Still would probably prefer Teddy or his top choice tho lol

Gruden's always a rumor but his buyout is still close to 20 mil.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions or the Texans should back the Brinks truck up to David Shaw's house.

YES!

Also, Mariucci was slamming Schwartz this morning for being unprepared. If anybody knows about being unprepared as a coach, it's Mariucci.

MechDX

Bb9h7APCQAARBsy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEwxKsTpx7g

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Any more doubt its the Texans? lol
has he even interviewed with the Texans?

Sounds like the writing is on the wall in Oakland. Davis refused Allen's request to extend his assistants last week...smh

Would love O'Brien to come here, but doubt Davis has the money for a bidding war and the Texans are obviously a more attractive gig. O'Brien is familiar with McGloin though, who hasn't played bad for a rookie. Still would probably prefer Teddy or his top choice tho lol

Has dennis allen really done that bad of a job there? Given with what he has to work with?

squicken

Gruden has a $20m buyout? Who would pay that?

If Allen gets fired I'd love for STL to hire him as DC. I think he's a good coach who will get another shot

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lovie Smith is my most wanted candidate. Runs a 4-3 which we should continue, has had previous success in the division and can hopefully bring in a good OC who can bring our offense back to the basics.

Texans are in rebuilding mode. We have all the pieces so our team is more lucrative.

MechDX

has he even interviewed with the Texans?

Has dennis allen really done that bad of a job there? Given with what he has to work with?

Texans only team to have fired their head coach so far, not rocket science to figure it out. Organization is good about keeping this stuff quiet. Lovie was interviewed a week before it actually happened.

Lovie Smith is my most wanted candidate. Runs a 4-3 which we should continue, has had previous success in the division and can hopefully bring in a good OC who can bring our offense back to the basics.

Texans are in rebuilding mode. We have all the pieces so our team is more lucrative.

No, just no.

What's everyone's opinion on recording games? My kids soccer game is at 4:15 today, Ravens game starts at 1:25, so there should be overlap. And if we're not already up by five scores, this could be a problem. Do I attempt the record+avoid all media/internet? Will I be losing my damn shit at my kid's game without checking for updates?

No. He's actually overachieved in many people's opinion. It's only dumb fans and Mark Davis (apparently) who want a change. The team loves him and plays hard for him, we just lack talent. The last 2 weeks we have started UDFAs at every skill position. I think he deserves 1 more year at least.

MechDX

No. He's actually overachieved in many people's opinion. It's only dumb fans and Mark Davis (apparently) who want a change. The team loves him and plays hard for him, we just lack talent. The last 2 weeks we have started UDFAs at every skill position. I think he deserves 1 more year at least.

Agreed. You also have 60 million plus in cap space this off season. Give him another year.

Not sure about Lovie in Detroit. He'd be amazing for the rest of the team save for Stafford, who needs someone to lock him down and force him to tighten his mechanics. Never happened with Cutler.

Top Bottom