• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

JABEE

Trent Cole is Ready!

Y9cVOI2.jpg

Trent Cole said:
Good morning twitter family. I might be quiet on twitter but I know it is Bear hunting Time! #PHI vs CHI #Eagles http://t.co/o2jTMw5SXR

https://twitter.com/Pro_Hunt58/status/414750828902092800

What's everyone's opinion on recording games? My kids soccer game is at 4:15 today, Ravens game starts at 1:25, so there should be overlap. And if we're not already up by five scores, this could be a problem. Do I attempt the record+avoid all media/internet? Will I be losing my damn shit at my kid's game without checking for updates?

Personally I can't resist checking, so I DVR the game, check the updates and rewatch what I missed.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Lovie Smith is my most wanted candidate. Runs a 4-3 which we should continue, has had previous success in the division and can hopefully bring in a good OC who can bring our offense back to the basics.

Texans are in rebuilding mode. We have all the pieces so our team is more lucrative.

I actually think Lovie would be a good fit there. There's a bunch of defensive minded coaches out there that just don't have any idea what to do with a muddled qb situation, but are good otherwise. Lovie, Rex, Frazier. Like to see one of those guys get a shot with a settled offense, just need to bring in the right oc.

MRSA

Banned
Sounds like the writing is on the wall in Oakland. Davis refused Allen's request to extend his assistants last week...smh

Would love O'Brien to come here, but doubt Davis has the money for a bidding war and the Texans are obviously a more attractive gig. O'Brien is familiar with McGloin though, who hasn't played bad for a rookie. Still would probably prefer Teddy or his top choice tho lol

Gruden's always a rumor but his buyout is still close to 20 mil.

It's a mediocre coaching staff other than maybe Tarver and April. The staff makes no second half changes.

MechDX

Not sure about Lovie in Detroit. He'd be amazing for the rest of the team save for Stafford, who needs someone to lock him down and force him to tighten his mechanics. Never happened with Cutler.

One reason I don't see him landing in Houston. Texans are taking a QB in the draft. Of that I have ZERO doubt. They will want an offensive/QB minded HC. O'Brien was Bradys mentor in NE.

McNair is enamored for some reason with the Patriots organization. Has stated multiple times when the Texans entered the league that he wanted to build the organization with the Patriots and Steelers in mind. I would even put money on it that Kraft and Belichek are in McNairs ear as well.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lovie Smith is my most wanted candidate. Runs a 4-3 which we should continue, has had previous success in the division and can hopefully bring in a good OC who can bring our offense back to the basics.

Texans are in rebuilding mode. We have all the pieces so our team is more lucrative.

*Fist bump*

Gruden has a $20m buyout? Who would pay that?

If Allen gets fired I'd love for STL to hire him as DC. I think he's a good coach who will get another shot

Can't remember the exact number, think it's 4 years at 4 mil each, and then an additional 2 or 3 mil.

Agree, I think he'll be a DC for a year or two and then get another gig.

One reason I don't see him landing in Houston. Texans are taking a QB in the draft. Of that I have ZERO doubt. They will want an offensive/QB minded HC. O'Brien was Bradys mentor in NE.

McNair is enamored for some reason with the Patriots organization. Has stated multiple times when the Texans entered the league that he wanted to build the organization with the Patriots and Steelers in mind. I would even put money on it that Kraft and Belichek are in McNairs ear as well.

Can you blame them? Those two teams along with the Giants have been the most successful.

As for Lovie, him being the first interview is a death sentence. No way Texans are hiring him unless who they really want doesn't pan out.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Man, when old man Al Davis died I thought the Raiders would finally be operated like a normal NFL franchise. They even brought Reggie Mckenzie (player scout IIRC) from Green Bay to be GM. I thought he would help turn the franchise around, but I guess the son is fucking up the franchise just like dad.

It's probably best for the safety of the citizens of California that the Raiders stay bad though.

rando14

Morning friends!! It's such a great morning with great news: I'm going to the game today!! Looks like it should be a good game, should be fun. :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Schefter announced that Schwartz still has 12 million left on his contract. It was stated, however, that Detroit is already looking at candidates for his job.

I hate this team. If they keep him because of money Detroit's fans need to revolt.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Texans have one TE active, a rooke RB starting and only 4 active WR'ers.

Tank mode: ENGAGED!

This is the most exciting game of the season. Buckle up Mech!

Bread

Banned
Today is a special day, my sweet innocent NFL-GAF. If all goes according to (our Lord's) plan, by the end of today we will have the Patriots in the playoffs and the Dolphins (and especially their fans) crying over another failure of a season. That disgusting team from Miami that every American has grown to hate will be sent away by our unsung heroes, the Buffalo Bills, and we will celebrate together.

I wrote a Christmas poem, I'm hoping it will help our Pats win today. Not just for us Pats fans, but all of NFL-GAF.

Twas the Sunday before Christmas, and all through our NFL thread
only lifelongs were posting, all fans born and bred.
The olds were all worrying, about their arthritis and aches
While the Chans and the Snes's, pondering their next alts to make
None were expecting a sound, when what is that they hear?
The sound of Uggs on the roof, a sound they came to fear
Through the chimney he fell, letting out a scream as he lands
Looking for the refs, he saw nothing but two small hands
A little gata had awoken, his eyes wide from the loud stomp
Our Lord and savior had come, to rescue him from the swamp
Sorry, my gata friend, our Lord said as he unfurled a green yellow and black flag
I only help my true fans, but I hear you like the Jags
So to the roof he went, leaving behind the small lifelong
Where he found his trusted friends, who failed him in his swan song
On Gonk, on Mayo, on Wilfuck, on Woodcock, on Wekler, on Vollmer,
Take me to Baltimore, I have some Ravens to murder.

go pats

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hate this team. If they keep him because of money Detroit's fans need to revolt.

No way Schwartz stays if we don't make the playoffs.

Schefter is saying Megatron isn't a sure thing to play

Reason #21626128 we need to draft at least two receivers in the draft. I love Megatron and all he's done for our franchise, but I don't think his body is built for the long term. You don't see receivers with his size last long in the NFL or stay consistently healthy.

MechDX

Today is a special day, my sweet innocent NFL-GAF. If all goes according to (our Lord's) plan, by the end of today we will have the Patriots in the playoffs and the Dolphins (and especially their fans) crying over another failure of a season. That disgusting team from Miami that every American has grown to hate will be sent away by our unsung heroes, the Buffalo Bills, and we will celebrate together.

I wrote a Christmas poem, I'm hoping it will help our Pats win today. Not just for us Pats fans, but all of NFL-GAF.

Twas the Sunday before Christmas, and all through our NFL thread
only lifelongs were posting, all fans born and bred.
The olds were all worrying, about their arthritis and aches
While the Chans and the Snes's, pondering their next alts to make
None were expecting a sound, when what is that they hear?
The sound of Uggs on the roof, a sound they came to fear
Through the chimney he fell, letting out a scream as he lands
Looking for the refs, he saw nothing but two small hands
A little gata had awoken, his eyes wide from the loud stomp
Our Lord and savior had come, to rescue him from the swamp
Sorry, my gata friend, our Lord said as he unfurled a green yellow and black flag
I only help my true fans, but I hear you like the Jags
So to the roof he went, leaving behind the small lifelong
Where he found his trusted friends, who failed him in his swan song
On Gonk, on Mayo, on Wilfuck, on Woodcock, on Wekler, on Vollmer,
Take me to Baltimore, I have some Ravens to murder.

go pats

Trey

No way Schwartz stays if we don't make the playoffs.

Reason #21626128 we need to draft at least two receivers in the draft. I love Megatron and all he's done for our franchise, but I don't think his body is built for the long term. You don't see receivers with his size last long in the NFL or stay consistently healthy.

TO is the same size but not as athletic. Randy Moss was 30 lbs lighter. Both are all time greats with long careers. And the rules are protecting the wide receiver more and more these days.

You wouldn't be drafting his replacement this year or even the next, unless you're betting on a major injury occurring.

Top Bottom