• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Konka

Banned
We're brothers till the end!! I think I might replay IV soon, it's been a whlie and its my favorite

Ah damn he got caught. Wonder if a mod got savvy or someone ratted him out!! dun dun dun

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94981096&postcount=228

a ken levine fanboy admitting to spite for the last of us. but like you said you cant sub anything in there because the last of us' greatness overcomes your hate

Looks like it was a gaming side post that got him.

Farooq

Banned
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 4h
Source: Romo disc problem 'caused major motor-nerve problem; could not put pressure on right leg (when throwing v redskins)' #cowboys

Two things.

1. Probably the reason why the Cowboys/Romo opted for surgery so soon. The longer nerves are bothered the harder it is for them to recover. According to some sports doctor on ESPN.

2. If Tony could not put pressure on his right leg, how amazing is Tony's comeback against the Redskins? On a scale of Really Amazing to Tony Romo is Fucking Awesome.

The question of whether the Cowboys should pick up a QB. They obviously should, but it is hard in today's NFL. They had a developmental project and he got picked up by the Browns. With the injuries the Cowboys had, they had to make a choice of keeping a roster spot for a development or let him sit on the practice squad with the obvious risks that he may be picked up by another team.

I think most teams are probably going through the same thing. What's the value of a young developing quarterback in this salary cap era. You don't have the opportunity to develop a guy for 3-5 years and then he becomes your eventual starter. You have contract situations where you end up developing a guy for some other team. So the value that you place on a developing quarterback determines when you play him. A team that drafts a QB high, probably should get ready to play that QB relatively early in his career.

Konka

Banned
lol c'mon man, you cant get banned for gaming shit!! Gaming side is such a minefield. :(

Yeah, lame.

Two things.

1. Probably the reason why the Cowboys/Romo opted for surgery so soon. The longer nerves are bothered the harder it is for them to recover. According to some sports doctor on ESPN.

2. If Tony could not put pressure on his right leg, how amazing is Tony's comeback against the Redskins? On a scale from Really Amazing to Tony Romo is Fucking Awesome.

Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

brentech

Wow. So Stafford is not only making terrible throws due to bad mechanics, but gives 0 fucks because every once in a while the bad mechanic works in his favor since CJ can bail him out.

He's a brilliant mind.
If CJ left the team, I think Stafford might find himself out the league pretty quick. Although since he has had that crutch his whole career to help make him mediocre, he'll be given a longer leash than someone that hasn't done it.

This is a new level of stupid QB. Hone your fucking craft.

I really, really hate this franchise.

This is where Mayhew HAS to step in. You're being paid $60 million. You HAVE to work with who we say you're going to work with. Sorry, douchebag.

Have you seen Stafford throw? He looks like a MLB submarine pitcher at times.

We're screwed. That attitude has been fostered for 5 years. I'm not going to question Stafford's heart; anyone with the balls to do this has heart. He also works hard. I remember that Freep story last year about him heading back to the facility to practice, after the Lions season ended. So those aren't the problems imo. But no matter how much heart or effort you put into doing something the wrong way doesn't matter. Most of us here are employed, and if we worked hard as hell but constantly got something fundamental wrong, which resulted in our hard work being compromised, we'd get fired or reprimanded.

Schwartz isn't going to fix this, hell he won't even address it. But bringing in someone with a better handle of offense, whether it's O'Brien or Whisenhunt, could potentially fix Stafford. If he doesn't want to go to a guru, hire one. His mechanics need to be addressed. The problem is also that for all the mistakes his mechanics produce, he could probably point to multiple plays where they worked; we've all seen Stafford throw side armed TDs. But if he wants to be better he's gonna need to find a decent "touch." He's throwing 90mph fast balls every play, whether it's a short slant or a screen. That just guarantees sailing throws or dropped passes.

MRSA

Banned
Lunchbox's dad's money only goes so far.

Finally figured out how to use Windows and got the VC3 translation patch working. Too bad it doesn't work on Vita otherwise I'd buy a Vita today.

jakncoke

Banned
Wow. So Stafford is not only making terrible throws due to bad mechanics, but gives 0 fucks because every once in a while the bad mechanic works in his favor since CJ can bail him out.

He's a brilliant mind.
If CJ left the team, I think Stafford might find himself out the league pretty quick. Although since he has had that crutch his whole career to help make him mediocre, he'll be given a longer leash than someone that hasn't done it.

This is a new level of stupid QB. Hone your fucking craft.

have you ever thrown 5k yards in a season
had a 80+ qb rating
Lions all time yards record
100 + tds and 4th fastest to 100

I THINK NOT

cdyhybrid

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 1m
Game Status - Out: Wright, Harvin. Questionable: Kearse. Probable: Sweezy, Coleman, Okung, Smith, Sherman, Lynch, Thomas, Bryant. #STLvsSEA

brentech

have you ever thrown 5k yards in a season
had a 80+ qb rating
Lions all time yards record
100 + tds and 4th fastest to 100

I THINK NOT
Has he ever won a game of significance?
He can have sweet plays like suddenly deciding to go for 2 to win the game, but in the end it's a footnote because he failed his team when it mattered most.

Congrats on deciding it's everyone's fault but his own.

The whole quote is ridiculous to me. If something like that happened I would be so angry, I would honestly have to consider stepping away in a angry rage.
It would be insane to fire Chud now. It isn't like you would get Chip anyway so what would be the point. Chud could definitely turn out to be better then other other guys they were looking at, besides Chip.

Fantomex

that's hilarious. "we're bringing in someone to help you out so you continue to throw 3-4 int's per game because of poor fucking mechanincs"

stafford: nah son i'm good

as for not teaching someone to read a defense, that is true. fixing mechanics won't fix the reading of a defense. but not all of staffords interceptions come because of poor reads. i have only seen maybe 3-4 lions games this year, but there were multiple game killing ints that came because his mechanics were awful even though the read was good. when you have fundamentally sound mechanics you will cut down on your turnovers, not eliminate them

Too many of these QBs have that Gannon and Steve Young hero in them. I think if you calculate their age, that's who was "slinging and slangin" sideways at the time when they were growing up. Too bad Stafford doesn't have the smarts that Young and Gannon had to go with the sidearms though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He can have sweet plays like suddenly deciding to go for 2 to win the game, but in the end it's a footnote because he failed his team when it mattered most.

He's making a joke. His post sounds identical to Kastrioti earlier this year.

It would be insane to fire Chud now. It isn't like you would get Chip anyway so what would be the point. Chud could definitely turn out to be better then other other guys they were looking at, besides Chip.
I'm not worried about it, I think the quote is just from some idiot on bleacher report. I like Chud, and expect him to be here for years.

BigAT

Sounds like you're just upset because of all the banners he has raised on your team over the years.

2hF5vE9.jpg

Can't blame you for being jealous.

jakncoke

Banned

Sorry but have you played in the playoffs
Have you ever shit the bed the stretch causing your team to suck
Have you ever been over 250 pounds
Have you ever played for the Georgia Bulldogs

I THINK NOT

Draxal

Sell me on the VC franchise.

Best modern Japanese strategy rpg series there is (I prefer Fire Emblem but its an ancient series), the first one (Ps3) is a nice looking game using a good engine and has really high production values. The sequel is a garbage game for the psp which killed the series in the west. The third one is better than the second one and is a sidequel to the first game.

Bush had a great year. Crazy that an offense with him and Megatron struggled so much but if the QB turns it over it is really hard to score.

His record against teams over .500 is worse than abysmal. It was 1-23 at some point this season and I can't imagine it has gotten much better since that was reported.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
2 back surgeries in the past year for Romo and he is 33. Deep draft for QBs. Dallas kind of needs to grab a young QB, don't they?

This makes me wonder what Romo's value on the trade market would be. There would be a lot of teams interested in acquiring him. Although I have no idea if this is feasible due to cap reasons. Probably not I'd guess.

His record against teams over .500 is worse than abysmal. It was 1-23 at some point this season and I can't imagine it has gotten much better since that was reported.

it was 1-23 coming into the season. lets see where it would land at the end of this year:

Games against teams over .500 (possibly) this year:

1. Cardinals (L)
2. Bears (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
3. Packers (L) * may not be over .500 after sunday
4. Cowboys (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
5. Bears (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
6. Packers (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
7. Eagles (L)
8. Ravens (L) * may not be over .500 after sunday
9. Bengals (L)

in looking at the lions schedule it is baffling that they did not win the division and win it easily. go ahead and take out the fact that derrick rose and jpout were injured. their schedule is beyond pathetic. the only wins they could muster were the bears twice, the redskins, cowboys, browns, vikings and packers. team is fucking horrible and staffords record against teams over .500 sits at 1-26

Scary ass Cards say hi.

North winner should have to play the Cardinals in a play in game. Winner gets the #6.

it was 1-23 coming into the season. lets see where it would land at the end of this year:

Games against teams over .500 (possibly) this year:

1. Cardinals (L)
2. Bears (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
3. Packers (L) * may not be over .500 after sunday
4. Cowboys (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
5. Bears (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
6. Packers (W) * may not be over .500 after sunday
7. Eagles (L)
8. Ravens (L) * may not be over .500 after sunday
9. Bengals (L)

in looking at the lions schedule it is baffling that they did not win the division and win it easily. go ahead and take out the fact that derrick rose and jpout were injured. their schedule is beyond pathetic. the only wins they could muster were the bears twice, the redskins, cowboys, browns, vikings and packers. team is fucking horrible and staffords record against teams over .500 sits at 1-26
Kas is a complete homer, but he's our homer.

MRSA, could you please travel to NO and infect the Saints so your Bucs win? thanks

I think the Browns will need to give Chud a chance with his QB. Not an inherited old crone of a QB from the previous regime.

I suspect the Browns will take a QB in this draft, either 1st or 2nd round, and then Chud will have 2-3 seasons to see if he can turn him into a franchise QB and get the Browns going again. Otherwise it's adios, Chud; adios, QB; rinse/repeat.

Edit: BG and Kave, note I said "going again" meaning I remember from waaaaaaay back when the Browns were good. Like Bernie Kosar/Brian Sipe era.

Wasn't there some weird quote about Horton saying he hoped to be back next year?
It's was in a joking matter, talking about the way the season went and the defense. No ones going anywhere
Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 1h
# Browns DC Ray Horton said we had chances to swing games in 4Q & we didn't. That's my burden.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ1h
# Browns DC Ray Horton said he hopes he's back in CLE next season. Said it's nice to mentioned as HC candidate, but he has no control of it.

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 1h
# Browns DC Ray Horton: "I hope I'm back here. I hope they don't fire me."

Unfortunately the Cardinals are paying for the sins of the NFC West for allowing a 7-9 team to reach the playoffs.

If the Cowboys make it, not much better. Not that that will happen. I just hope Orton spams the ball all game long to Dez and Dez has a monster game and Witten doesn't do shit #myfantasychampionshipmatch

Top Bottom