• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL QB's on Facebook:

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-and-theyre-off/

FUUgrcF.png

FMT must help write these or they are stalking us...
I must be the only one that doesn't find any of that funny at all. The first one or two were somewhat amusing but they just get dumber and less funny as they keep doing them.

Talon

I must be the only one that doesn't find any of that funny at all. The first one or two were somewhat amusing but they just get dumber and less funny as they keep doing them.
Yeah, I really haven't found any of these funny. Sound like College Humor jokes.

MechDX

You have been desensitized. Just like I don't know who is being sarcastic anymore.

brentech

I didn't want to comment because I wasn't sure if I was just biased, but yea. They've really fallen off

squicken

But yeah as said above let's see if things change a bit when Josh Gordon returns in game 3. It was hard to believe but it seems he is propping up the entire WR corp in Cleveland. If Weeden can get going with him plus Cameron continues to develop it may open up things a lot more for guys like Davone Bess and Greg Little.

Not hard to believe at all. How many times a game does Dalton target AJ, or Cutler target Marshall, or Stafford with Megatron? Weeden stares down his bad WRs waiting for them to get open. Not a problem for the other guys. The guy they stare at is always open.

effzee

I think the Chargers will bring their A+ game on Sunday. What a crushing way for them to lose. Rivers looked great through 2.5 quarters yesterday, I really worry about our secondary against a QB that can throw more then 10 yards downfield. Plus whether they admit it or not, I bet a ton of guys are going to be looking forward to Thursday. I think they lose Sunday then beat the Chiefs and then get pummeled by the Broncos. 2-2 is not a bad start at all.

I keep listening to some of the national media people and I feel like a lot of people are missing the point. A lot of people are saying the Eagles were exposed or that the Redskins figured the Eagles out after half time.

Really? At the start of the 3rd quarter, RG3 threw another pick, and McCoy had a spectacular run for another quick score. It was 33-7. It is extremely difficult for the coaches, players, offense, and defense to play with the same mentality and intensity when you are up 33-7 with almost 2 full quarters left. And it showed. Sure Redskins changed things up but so did the Eagles.

And even then if Avant doesn't fumble and gift the Redskins at least 3 points (they scored 7), the game might not have even gotten as close as it did.

The press coverage we saw in the first half changed to tons of zone looks with blitzes up the middle. On the plays the Skins picked up the blitz, RG3 had wide open WRs sitting in the zones. We have to assume this was part of the plan to let them work down the field methodically but not to give up any big play. Of course with Avant's fumble this worked against them and instead of the Skins taking possibly a full quarter to score 2 TDs they scored 14 points within 3 minutes of each other.

There were also tons of mistakes and some odd play calling. On a 3rd and 15 where they should have called a draw or screen play to eat up some yards and time and possibly get into FG range, they went with a traditional pass play which was incomplete. Chip acknowledged that the coaches made some mistakes and its great to have a win when you know you have a lot to correct.

I'd like to believe the first half Eagles O, D, and ST was closer to what we should expect. I am not saying they are going to beat SD no questions asked, but I think we should expect some mistakes to be cleaned up. Its our home opener against a team traveling cross country, different time zone, with a questionable D, and against non mobile QB who for the past 2-3 seasons has been a turnover machine himself.

We also didn't use or see much from Casey, Ertz, and even Celek though he caught a TD. Bryce Brown was also used sparingly and Polk was only in on STs. I think the Eagles have some tools to use if SD focuses solely on shutting down DJAX and McCoy. Chip will have to stay ahead of defenses and force them to adjust on the fly. We heard a lot about the 3 TEs and 2 back sets and yet saw none. Vick said what we saw was 60% of the playbook. Shurmur said they couldn't even get some of the plays they practiced in. So its not as if we saw everything and that's all there is to it.

Also I think this D doesn't have to be great but if they can force some quick 3 and outs, it destroys the oppositions D because they have to come back on the field right away against the high paced Eagles O. Redskins were gassed by the end of the first quarter.

BTW how refreshing was it to see the D make some plays? Forcing fumbles, INTs, and getting some sacks. Trent Cole looked revived. Kendricks took a huge step from last year. And Carry Williams and Boykin looked great in the secondary. Poyer was abused. And Chung was great in run support but made a stupid stupid stupid ill timed jump that cost us a TD.

Prediction: Eagles 24 Charges 17

13. Bengals (0-1): Remember when Joey Porter’s pit bulls got loose and killed that horse? On Monday night, James Harrison will be playing the role of the pit bull — and Ben Roethlisberger will be playing the role of the horse.

Will Bionic cheer or boo?

MechDX

Yeah he is super popular I am sure, I bet there were also a ton of Eagles fans interested to see the team without Reid.

Why didnt they keep watching the Texans game then?

Down 28-7, past midnight on east coast...then Schaub went all beast mode on the Chargers.

Hey effzee great points. Trent Cole made more plays last night then he did all of last year. If the Eagles can keep forcing turnovers they are going to be in great shape, since their offense should be able to score as long as Vick stays healthy. I really hope that limp by him was nothing.

Cagey

Banned
read a good point made last night about Kellys offense: He did this at Oregon with an 80 man roster. Blowing out teams and sitting his starters in the second half to rest.

Now he is asking basically 25 or so, older than teenage men, to do the same thing for 60 minutes?

I think he'll learn to adjust his philosophies to the NFL and execute his vision in a manner that's sustainable and repeatable at the pro level. Maybe it makes sacrifices to the realities of the pro game, but it'll still be distinctly him.

I hope he does.. after he gets fired and winds up coaching the Browns.

effzee

Hey effzee great points. Trent Cole made more plays last night then he did all of last year. If the Eagles can keep forcing turnovers they are going to be in great shape, since their offense should be able to score as long as Vick stays healthy. I really hope that limp by him was nothing.

Yeah and even then Chip has said ALL ALONG that of course he wouldn't run the same plays or offense if he has a different QB. Now why we see he wanted to keep Vick and try this offense but best believe if Vick is out, and Foles comes in, the offense will be tailored around what he can do. They can still run a hurry up offense but would be without the threat of Foles taking off or going deep. Foles might be more dangerous then with his intermediate quick passes.

For the time being I just want to enjoy it while it lasts. I don't want to think about next year or the future of the QB situation. Hell I want it to at least make it to week 3 when I will be watching in person wearing nothing but my McNabb jersey screaming at Reid.

cajunator

Banned
Eagles offense is definitely fun to watch but Im just thinking that other teams will stop being bewildered by it and catch on. They will probably win several games before that happens though. Its a fun team to watch.

effzee

read a good point made last night about Kellys offense: He did this at Oregon with an 80 man roster. Blowing out teams and sitting his starters in the second half to rest.

Now he is asking basically 25 or so, older than teenage men, to do the same thing for 60 minutes?

Oldest player on the Eagles is Vick at 33. They brought in some new ideas for nutrition, strength and endurance training, and even how players sleep and practice.

Sure it can't be run as wells it was run at Oregon but Chip never said it would be 100% the same. He also has said over and over each week might vary based on who they face and what they think they can take advantage of from the D.

Keep in mind the Skins D wasn't ranked to well last year. Maybe they saw something in the D that told them go full speed. When they play better defenses they might slow it down or run different stuff. All players have said they have different tempos depending on the situations. In the pre season we would see them vary it up from series to series.

I still think Zach Ertz and Casey can be huge for them in the passing game. Ertz, the rookie, needs to learn more and Casey needs to be 100% to be effective.

MechDX

Oldest player on the Eagles is Vick at 33. They brought in some new ideas for nutrition, strength and endurance training, and even how players sleep and practice.

Sure it can't be run as wells it was run at Oregon but Chip never said it would be 100% the same. He also has said over and over each week might vary based on who they face and what they think they can take advantage of from the D.

Keep in mind the Skins D wasn't ranked to well last year. Maybe they saw something in the D that told them go full speed. When they play better defenses they might slow it down or run different stuff. All players have said they have different tempos depending on the situations. In the pre season we would see them vary it up from series to series.

I still think Zach Ertz and Casey can be huge for them in the passing game. Ertz, the rookie, needs to learn more and Casey needs to be 100% to be effective.

Yeah saw this tweet right before your post:

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling 31m
Persona non grata at 3 years, $12M RT @ZBerm: James Casey's only two snaps were kneel-downs. This isn't the role expected when he signed.

Poor Casey. I want the kid to succeed since Kubiak so under utilized him here. I did notice Barwin made his one highlight though.

gutshot

*long and awesome game analysis*

Prediction: Eagles 24 Charges 17

I pretty much agree with everything you've wrote here except I expect the Eagles to score more than 24 against this Charger D. The Redskins should have been most prepared to stop this offense, having faced a similar-style offense much of last season in practice. Yet they had no answers. I can't imagine this Charger D having much success.

Predictions: Eagles 41 - Chargers 24

And before people think I'm overreacting based on one game, please note I picked the Eagles to win 40-24 last night. Take away that Skins gift TD at the beginning and give it the Eagles and I was damned close!

IN CHIP WE TRUST

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave buddy do you think Cameron is going to have a good year at TE1 in fantasy? I thought he had some groin injuries or something along those lines but obviously he had a great week, was wondering what you think about him for the season

He's going to be given every opportunity to succeed as shown in game 1. But you're definitely right he has battled some injuries the last two seasons but he also wasn't given as much playing time or expectation as he will be now so he may be ready for it.

He might stand to really break out once Gordon is back akin to the season I got trolled with Braylon and Winslow.

I just saw that King Dunlap is a starter for the Chargers. Holy shit I had no idea he was still in the league. Man he was so bad with the Eagles. Hopefully they can take advantage of his suckiness and get to Rivers a bunch.

eznark

Banned
Remember that time Weasel Schwartz challenged Harbaugh to a fight and he manned up and punched him in the mouth?

Me either.

Mouthy little cunt. Go hurt yourself on Jim Kelly pussy bitch.

jakncoke

Banned
Today on Twitter i read that week 1 had the most passing yards and tds of any given week ever. It was like 8100 and 63 or something. wow

As expected, 5S didn't impress me enough to upgrade form 5, I'll be waiting for 6 next year. I think I'm ready to finally get my first iPad though, when do they hold the conference to announce it?

Quick glance at the chart implies it's active players only.
Is your avy from Space Dandy?
NFL QB's on Facebook:

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-and-theyre-off/

FUUgrcF.png

FMT must help write these or they are stalking us...

Still love these. Some of the comments are too much but there are a few portions that just crack me up.

effzee

Yeah saw this tweet right before your post:

Poor Casey. I want the kid to succeed since Kubiak so under utilized him here. I did notice Barwin made his one highlight though.

I wouldn't worry too much about Casey. He had a hamstring injury which really limited him in pre season. He was obviously a guy they wanted. I think they signed as one of their first signings. If in a few weeks he still isn't involved then I would think it was a bad signing.

Also forgot to mention that I loved that Vick only threw 25 times. Limit him to 20-30 times a game and let the running game carry the team. 40 + carries should be the norm with carries split between McCoy, Brown, and Polk.

I wouldn't worry too much about Casey. He had a hamstring injury which really limited him in pre season.

Also forgot to mention that I loved that Vick only threw 25 times. Limit him to 20-30 times a game and let the running game carry the team. 40 + carries should be the norm with carries split between McCoy, Brown, and Polk.

Watching that 2nd half I figured you were in heaven with the offense. It was definitely the anti-reid gameplan. I couldnt believe how much they ran it. Hopefully Shady doesnt keep getting 31 carries though.

squicken

he ease at which Luck operates in these situations should not be taken for granted. It's not always going to work out, and this near loss may speak to a potential problem with the team moving forward.

This was just coach Chuck Pagano's sixth game on the sideline for the Colts. It was the third time he's led by 11-14 points and lost that lead, relying on Luck to come through late:

Week 2 vs. Minnesota: Colts led 20-6 in the fourth quarter, but the Vikings tied it up late. Luck led his first game-winning drive in the last 0:31 for a 23-20 win.

Week 3 vs. Jacksonville: The very next week, Colts led 14-3 in the third quarter before Jacksonville took the lead. Even after regaining it, Cecil Shorts scored an 80-yard touchdown in a 22-17 Jacksonville win.

The Colts only lost one two-score lead (at Kansas City) in three chances with Bruce Arians coaching the team. Coming from a defensive background with an emphasis on the ground game, Pagano may not be coaching aggressively enough once he gets a decent lead. This may be nothing more than a (very) small sample coincidence, but it's something to keep an eye on moving forward. The Colts are not a great team yet, but they should not need late stops against teams like Jacksonville and Oakland at home.

Noticed this last year. Arians has LOTS of flaws but he plays to win. That's going to get Palmer killed this year, but with Luck and Ben, it probably was a good short term strategy. Pagano's work this year might cost them wins but could keep Luck from taking so many hits and extend his career later on when he has a better coach

effzee

Watching that 2nd half I figured you were in heaven with the offense. It was definitely the anti-reid gameplan. I couldnt believe how much they ran it. Hopefully Shady doesnt keep getting 31 carries though.

Yup. I mean I didn't like the prevent D or how they took their foot off but a lot of that was set up by the Avant fumble.

Running 49 times a game was orgasmic!

D looked great. Tannehill looked good. I can't figure out if Miller and Thomas are that bad or if our OL can't run block for shit.

They can't pass block for shit so I'll assume they can't run block either,

I don't know who I should root against on Thursday :( I hate the jests and pats so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom