• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Fuck, that Shane Vereen news sucks. Four weeks was fine, but eight will hurt. Bolden and Washington need to step up now.

Brady, great offensive line, and cake schedule will ensure the wins, but the degree of difficulty is going to be higher than it has been in a long time. If they beat any of the top teams I will be really impressed

They really want to see Levi get destroyed again :(

So much of that is Arians. He started chipping Quinn when it was clear that Levi couldn't hold up, but wouldn't stick with it. It's like he can't help himself and has to send out 5 guys into the pattern. By the 4Q Palmer was getting antsy

Maybe the Bills are just awesome?

Hard to think that with no Byrd or Gilmore, though I guess the DC has a history of confusing Brady in New York (w/Rex). I'm very interested to see Brady and Ben go through the year with diminished resources

eznark

Banned
Brady, great offensive line, and cake schedule will ensure the wins, but the degree of difficulty is going to be higher than it has been in a long time. If they beat any of the top teams I will be really impressed

Maybe the Bills are just awesome?

exarkun

Miguel is posting? Fuuuuuu Im not betting on the texans this season. Now I don't know wtf will happen. But, maybe I still can if Miguel can just talk shit about the team all season. Do it, son. For my wallet, please.

MechDX

Miguel is posting? Fuuuuuu Im not betting on the texans this season. Now I don't know wtf will happen. But, maybe I still can if Miguel can just talk shit about the team all season. Do it, son. For my wallet, please.

He showed up Sunday.

Fantomex

Holy shit. That is a big loss for them. Fins GAF this is your time.

tumblr_ml6wb71frH1qmkr8bo1_500.gif

So much of that is Arians. He started chipping Quinn when it was clear that Levi couldn't hold up, but wouldn't stick with it. It's like he can't help himself and has to send out 5 guys into the pattern. By the 4Q Palmer was getting antsy

He was ordering chips but the RB's were screwing up. I want to say it was Ellington that just ran out into a route when he was supposed to help out. On another note, there was a play where Ellington had a go ahead TD, NO ONE was in front of him on the edge and Palmer didn't see it :( So many things could have tipped the game in our favor but we were also lucky to stop that Cook TD. Granted, Honey Badger made those kinds of plays often in college so skill has to be accounted for. Surely Arians will place a greater emphasis on helping Levi out in practice this week as we will be forced to employ this all season long. The greatest fear is Palmer turning into Kolb where he no longer trusts the line and just forces out the ball per-maturely without completing his reads. This could be a real possibility by week 4 or so...

Colasante

what is nflgaf's opinion of the Bears at this point?

i know it's only week 1

I'm a believer. The offensive line, especially on the right side, seems like it could be a real strength. The defense looks like it hasn't missed a step after losing Marinelli. Cutler looked good and seems to finally realize he can't rely on just Marshall, and Forte seems reenergized. I don't think 12 wins is out of the question if they keep it up.

Pass pro problems in week 1:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/44153/79/shady-shakedown

Levi Brown was just physically outmatched by Rams DE Robert Quinn and the same could be said for Mitchell Schwartz's matchup against Cameron Wake. The Dolphins offer a rugged interior line on defense and Oniel Cousins found that out. It's hard to win games when the right side of your line struggles the way that Cleveland's struggled. While Levi Brown will always have difficulty matching up against a defensive end with the edge speed of Quinn, Schwartz will continue to get better and should improve as the season progresses.

There's a chart on the site. Chris Snee was a mess.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NEW YORK (AP) - San Francisco's victory over Green Bay was the highest-rated and most-watched telecast of any kind since the Academy Awards in February, leading Fox to its best NFL opening week ever.

Sunday's game earned a 16.6 rating and was watched by 28.5 million viewers, the network says Tuesday.

The Philadelphia Eagles' victory over Washington earned an 11.6 overnight rating, the highest for a Monday Night Football opener on ESPN.

ESPN began showing Monday Night Football in 2006. Its previous best opener was for Baltimore against the Jets in 2010.

CBS earned an 11.2 rating for its regional coverage, its highest in 14 years for the opening week.

Sunday was only the 6th time in his 57 starts with the Bears that Jay Cutler wasn't sacked. I'm honestly surprised the number is that high.

Right but it was the first time he both started and finished the game.
The other five games he pulled himself out of the game due to a sandy vagina.

ShaneB

Those news stories of the ratings blows my mind just how huge the NFL is. Crazy.

So you don't like the Giants or Cowboys?

Eagles are the clear choice for you.

Ehhh, I'm not much for any Philly teams either :p

My problem is that I feel content with just enjoying football as a whole. Much like my love for hockey, I've never felt obligated to just devote to one team, and enjoy the season/post-season as is, so trying to narrow down to just one NFL team to love feels like it would take away from loving Sundays where I could love watching multiple games, which I do currently.

Dat Jennifer Lawrence.

She is an angel.

MechDX

Those news stories of the ratings blows my mind just how huge the NFL is. Crazy.

My problem is that I feel content with just enjoying football as a whole. Much like my love for hockey, I've never felt obligated to just devote to one team, and enjoy the season/post-season as is, so trying to narrow down to just one NFL team to love feels like it would take away from loving Sundays where I could love watching multiple games, which I do currently.

She is an angel.

Then just watch them all and enjoy yourself. Honestly I would have a lot less stress If I did that.

cajunator

Banned

She is an angel.

If you dont have a local team to be emotionally invested in this is the best way to go about it.

What are the odds that the North remains winless this week seeing as how we are all playing each other at the same time?

I would peg it at 30%. Our division was putrid week one and the possibility of two ties exists.

What a fucking horrible way for the Steelers to start the season. I am really interested to see how our coaches adjust to having lost our center in the first minute of the season. I give them a pass for not being able to adjust in that game (we just didn't have a real backup for the position). But now they have 8 days to fix it. Titans age what can you guys tell me about Fernando Velasco? He is really secretly a pro bowler who never gets injured right? Right? Where did those guys go.

Also, thanks to Fantomax for helping me secure a transformers toy at the age of 35. I don't think I have ever seen my wife so disappointed in me when she saw what I was opening! That was the one bright light to a shitty week.

Lets see if the Steelers can recover against the Bungles this Monday. I am pretty sure God is punishing us for not taking Tebow when we had the chance. No way we suffer all that misfortune with Tebow on the team. If the Rooneys read this board its not too late! Sign him up today!

I'd rather lose all 16 games and get Clowney than sign Tebow
unless he can deliver unto us our 7th Super Bowl

WTF? You are nuts. They are easily one of the worst teams. They lost to the Jets for gods sake.

It's a road divisional game against a desperate team with at least some talent the week after the Saints had their "Payton's Back! We the Kings of the Division Again!" game.

That's always a recipe for a letdown. That being said, I think that team has enough experience with the Bucs to not overlook them and they'll win comfortably.

Bowser

lol was this posted last night?

UTKevinAcee @UTKevinAcee

Philip Rivers' passer rating when Chargers were up 28-7 with 10:46 left in 3rd quarter was 134.8 ... Thereafter, it was 0. Zero.

elite-daily-phillip-rivers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom