• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Code:
Round	Pick	Team			Name			School
1	1	Carolina Panthers	Cam Newton		Auburn
1	8	Tennessee Titans	Jake Locker		Washington
1	10	Jacksonville Jaguars	Blaine Gabbert		Missouri
1	12	Minnesota Vikings	Christian Ponder	Florida State
2	35	Cincinnati Bengals	Andy Dalton		TCU
2	36	San Francisco 49ers	Colin Kaepernick	Nevada
3	74	New England Patriots	Ryan Mallett 		Arkansas

Second round was the only good round.

That was a pretty good draft overall, lots of impact guys in first and second round.

Also the draft where we got Orlando.

Code:

Vikings wasted a high ass pick for Ponder.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Where would we be without his wonderful faces.

qLOjRBO.jpg

MechDX

It was like he was incapable of anything but checkdowns but he even sucked at those somehow. Throw in bad receivers, an abysmal o-line, and unimpressive RB's and you have a recipe for a special kind of offensive futility.

With teams needing RB help, Giants, why don't they offer MJD? He would get a 3rd or 4th

Tamanon

Banned
Code:

Fuck the Jags on that one, how do you get the worst quarterback that early. Dammit.

With teams needing RB help, Giants, why don't they offer MJD? He would get a 3rd or 4th

If we're living in fantasyland, why don't they trade for Arian Foster?

MechDX

That was a pretty good draft overall, lots of impact guys in first and second round.

You made me revisit and I got a chuckle:
kBrNDyD.png

Titans, Jags and Cowboys.....snicker

Fuck the Jags on that one, how do you get the worst quarterback that early. Dammit.

If we're living in fantasyland, why don't they trade for Arian Foster?

How is it fantasy land? The Jags are terrible, sorry but it is the truth. Going to be rebuilding anyway so trade a RB who still has some value for picks. Trading Foster is fantasy land.

bionic77

I love how we spent the last few years using a lot of high picks to totally rebuild the o-line and this was finally the year it was supposed to come together and Ben was supposed to get protection. And 2 minutes into the first game one lineman takes out another instead of a defender.

I just want to say that I hate football, I hate all of your teams and I especially hate your ugly ass faces.

Edit: except Fanto. He is beautiful no matter what Chan says.

squicken

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013/09/field-position-proves-crucial-in-week-1.html

Impact of field position

The importance of field position in football is, despite its position as one of the indomitable "little things," still an understated facet of the game. Just take a look at last year's field position data from Football Outsiders. All of the top six teams in net drive start position -- average offensive initial field position minus average defensive initial field position -- won at least 10 games. In 2012, every two extra yards of net field position added an extra win, and net field position explains a whopping 31 percent of the team-by-team variation in winning percentage.

Analysis of Week 1 games at the link. Drive starts, play counts, and yards per drive are the sort of "advanced stats" that I think are useful. It isn't PFF putting grades on RGs.

bionic77

Bob scheming on a menage. Myra is turning in her grave.

180135461.r.jpg
Disgusting.

It's ok that old men get the nicest cars and toupees but its a crime to see a dirty old man, whose wives ashes are still warm, btw macking on young women who should be with younger dudes not name Gata (gotta be realistic, that dude is a lock to be a 40 year old virgin is his moms basement).

Disgusting.

It's ok that old men get the nicest cars and toupees but its a crime to see a dirty old man, whose wives ashes are still warm, btw macking on young women who should be with younger dudes not name Gata (gotta be realistic, that dude is a lock to be a 40 year old virgin is his moms basement).

fuck you

im not snes

WedgeX

Banned
Lions won! On to Arizona!

Highlights!

i1jD2qClRfjbt.jpg

Reggie Bush lived up to the hype. Against the vikebikes at least.

i4rrh1MKanhiN.jpg

iqpyr4x8krm6Q.jpg

Akers and Martin did some failing. Kicklicious would have turned this into 12 points.

i38ZKAUhnAQIY.jpg

Nick Fairley decided to show up.

ibqIERXf9xdZlV.jpg

The Lions new tightend looks to get a much increased workload. But got dang is he a goofy motherfucker.

Fantomex

I love how we spent the last few years using a lot of high picks to totally rebuild the o-line and this was finally the year it was supposed to come together and Ben was supposed to get protection. And 2 minutes into the first game one lineman takes out another instead of a defender.

I just want to say that I hate football, I hate all of your teams and I especially hate your ugly ass faces.

Edit: except Fanto. He is beautiful no matter what Chan says.

<3

Colasante

Ladainian Tomlinson told Total Access that one time before a Patriots-Jets game, Rex Ryan told the Jets he was going to punch Belichick in the face at midfield.

In 2010 they draft Pouncey, in 2011 they draft Gilbert, in 2012 they draft Decastro. Gilbert takes out Decastro for most of the year last year and this year Decastro takes out Pouncey for the whole year. Yep, they struck gold with this crew. No wonder why the throwback uniforms look just like the ones the Three Stooges wore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom