• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Brady's really gun shy when he doesn't trust his guys around him. Didn't work the deeper parts of the fields at all. Years ago, he saw single high and he was going over the top, had chances, didn't take them.
in

Pats fans/media people say the biggest thing with Brady is his pocket presence has gone downhill the past few years. For whatever reason, he gets jumpy if he doesn't get what he was expecting

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm getting my last two wisdom teeth taking out after seeing the Browns face the Packers in Green Bay.

Good thing I will have tons of games to play during that time:

FF14, GTAV and Pokemon X/Y.

squicken

He doesn't want to get hit and is scared.

haha. Well I mean he used to be firmer and now isn't. Peyton has lost a lot of arm strength but still stands in and takes shots. Brady still has a better arm but part of the reason their deep game is gone is he doesn't want to stand there and take a hit

bionic77

haha. Well I mean he used to be firmer and now isn't. Peyton has lost a lot of arm strength but still stands in and takes shots. Brady still has a better arm but part of the reason their deep game is gone is he doesn't want to stand there and take a hit
Wha?

Brady's arm is garbage beyond 12=15 yards dude.

He is just a dinker now. Only time he could consistently get the ball downfield was with Moss, who just won a bunch of jumpballs.

Thats just being smart. Who wants to get hit by 300 pound beasts?
Ben is pretty eager to and most Sconis like it so much they are even willing to pay for the privilege!

The Gator is angry.

thumb.aspx

:jnc

Velasco is supposed to be pretty decent and he should be hungrier than a Sconi after 2nd dinner.

The problem is that it going to take time for them to gel together. As I said before, this is where great coaches make their mark. They find a way to make it work. Our team has 8 days between games and found a suitable replacement. Now lets see how Tomlin and Haley can react. Will they just continue to pound their head in the wall regardless of personnel or are they going to get creative?

You do realize that Haley has now had 17 games and still can't figure out how to string together an effective offense with this unit. He wants to do it one way and Ben wants to do it to another.

They. Don't. Agree.

I stick by my prediction. 6-10 (if we're lucky now with the injuries), Haley fired in offseason and Lebeau retires.

Tomlin gets a shot at making this "his" team instead of Cowher's team.

LJ11

Pats fans/media people say the biggest thing with Brady is his pocket presence has gone downhill the past few years. For whatever reason, he gets jumpy if he doesn't get what he was expecting

Yeah, there's more of ball patting in his game now. When he doesn't see the field well he just sits there patting the ball, loves to pat balls.

There was one shot play they called in the 2nd quarter, two man route. Edelman right up the seam attacking the safety, was split tight. Thompkins was on a comeback, or at least he ran a comeback after not getting by the DB. S was a bit flat footed and Edelman got by the Secondary, had a yard or two. Brady never even looked his way on the deep ball, guess Edelman was just clearing coverage for Thompkins, or Brady's just a pussy.

bionic77

You do realize that Haley has now had 17 games and still can't figure out how to string together an effective offense with this unit. He wants to do it one way and Ben wants to do it to another.

They. Don't. Agree.

I stick by my prediction. 6-10 (if we're lucky now with the injuries), Haley fired in offseason and Lebeau retires.

Tomlin gets a shot at making this "his" team instead of Cowher's team.
I don't think Haley is very good. Ben won with multiple coaches and systems. There is more pressure on Haley to show he can make it work.

I admit that it does not look so hot right now. But lets see how it plays out. I would have agreed with you more if Jim Caldwell did not just get hired midway through a season and turn Flacco into a real qb in the playoffs. Anything is possible in this game.

Pat Traina has a nice article on David Wilson's fumbles that's worth a read. It's on BR but she's a regular Giants beat writer contributor and does some good stuff on the team regularly:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rk-giants-running-back-david-wilsons-fumbling

Her conclusion:

Wilson's three fumbles appear to be a result of his failure to hold the ball "high and tight," as well as properly protecting the ball with his free hand when contacted by a defender.

The good news is that the Giants coaching staff—Coughlin and running backs coach Jerald Ingram—have been down this road before with Tiki Barber and with Ahmad Bradshaw, both of whom had their techniques fixed to where fumbles became rare for each.

If Wilson is a willing student who places a focus on carrying the ball around high and tight like Bradshaw and Barber used to do when the coaches first started fixing their fumbling issue, he should be fine moving forward.

There's some good pics showing poor ball placement, etc. in the article.

Talon

Pat Traina has a nice article on David Wilson's fumbles that's worth a read. It's on BR but she's a regular Giants beat writer contributor and does some good stuff on the team regularly:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rk-giants-running-back-david-wilsons-fumbling

Her conclusion:

Oh dear God. Does this mean we have to endure another Sunday of ex-coaches demonstrating "high and tight" on their manboobs? T_T

Afrikan

NFL fans.....the 1st game, of 2 of the best games of the season (including SuperBowl), will be happening this week.

I don't think a SuperBowl matchup vs an AFC team will live up to the 49ers vs Seahawks.

make sure you don't miss out.

I don't think Haley is very good. Ben won with multiple coaches and systems. There is more pressure on Haley to show he can make it work.

I admit that it does not look so hot right now. But lets see how it plays out. I would have agreed with you more if Jim Caldwell did not just get hired midway through a season and turn Flacco into a real qb in the playoffs. Anything is possible in this game.
Flacco wasn't turned into a real QB, though. He played fuck it and chuck it and was bailed out by DPI, Boldin and whatever the fucktard safety's name is in Denver who screwed over the entire world by letting the receiver get behind him on a hail Mary play with 30 seconds left in the game.

Flacco won the lottery last year and cashed out.

Spinluck

NFL fans.....the 1st game, of 2 of the best games of the season (including SuperBowl), will be happening this week.

I don't think a SuperBowl matchup vs an AFC team will live up to the 49ers vs Seahawks.

make sure you don't miss out.

I really hope the Hawks from Week 1 don't show up.

Then it wouldn't be much of a game..

exarkun

Her conclusion:

He used his second hand more as the game went on (before the second fumble), I just think its more bradshaw than Tiki. He needs to learn to go down instead of being stood up, and to hold that fucking ball tighter and not around his stomach.

Tiki was a whole nother box of shit. Remember how he used to one arm that shit? And he was such a bitch towards the end of that last season. ugh, left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is a bit of a test as I'm trying to learn how to make a GIF for the first time. Serves to show one example of how badly Chris Snee played. Check out the RG (#76) on this:

inJw1r4VkpNNf.gif

No coaches film yet up for the Giants/Cowboys game as of yet but it should hopefully be there tomorrow. I'd like to start getting some gif action and analysis going for the advanced thread if time permits. Any tips/tricks using GIFCam or how to add circles around players, etc. is appreciated.

squicken

Something that SEA doesn't get enough credit for is the ability of their WRs to win physical battles. Tate and Baldwin win jump balls you would never think they could, and can be hard to tackle. This was such a huge play for them

ibt52Lpx6JxVjL.gif

Justin Pugh did his job. The other four failed at varying levels of absurdity.
Yep. Eli had to step up in the pocket because of the pressure from where on the left side but he steps up into Snees man with Pugh behind him.

Speaking of Pugh, check him out here against Ware (RT, #72). Also check out Brewer (LG, #73) completely whiff on his block causing the pressure and scramble:

i3ibnQgXaZYwg.gif

Ok, last one for tonight. I'll see if I can get some stuff up tomorrow night in the Advanced thread and post a link here.

I went to the store and picked up KZ:M thinking I would play for a bit tonight, and there is a 1.2GB day one patch. Ugh I wish there was some other way for companies to do stuff like this.

LJ11

My ipad 3 had no problems with gifs, recently it's been a mess. This page brought it to a fucking crawl, slideshow. No clue if its just my ipad or its an issue with all of them. Formatted too.

Bowser

Something that SEA doesn't get enough credit for is the ability of their WRs to win physical battles. Tate and Baldwin win jump balls you would never think they could, and can be hard to tackle. This was such a huge play for them

ibt52Lpx6JxVjL.gif

Golden Tate lined up in the backfield

Leave him uncovered

smh

cashman

Banned
Yep. Eli had to step up in the pocket because of the pressure from where on the left side but he steps up into Snees man with Pugh behind him.

Speaking of Pugh, check him out here against Ware (RT, #72). Also check out Brewer (LG, #73) completely whiff on his block causing the pressure and scramble:

i3ibnQgXaZYwg.gif

Ok, last one for tonight. I'll see if I can get some stuff up tomorrow night in the Advanced thread and post a link here.

Hatcher #97 played really well all game. Nice to see semi encouraging stuff from the Dline with two key players out.

My ipad 3 had no problems with gifs, recently it's been a mess. This page brought it to a fucking crawl, slideshow. No clue if its just my ipad or its an issue with all of them. Formatted too.

Safari? It's fucking awful with gifs on mine as well, LJ. No clue what the issue is. I switched to Atomic and I haven't had an issue since.

LJ11

Safari? It's fucking awful with gifs on mine as well, LJ. No clue what the issue is. I switched to Atomic and I haven't had an issue since.

Yeah, chrome too, not as bad though. Fucking garbage.

At this point I'm betting that ios7 just bricks all ipad 3. Force upgrades.

squicken

iPad Mini is awful w/GIFs but I just sort of expect that from a lower spec tablet. Should we just link to GIFs?

edit; Russell already scared he'll lose and trying to get out of his bet
“He’s going to have to shave off his (eyebrows),” Wilson joked.

Wilson then said the bet wasn’t truly something they took seriously but did say they may still provide some kind of payoff depending on who wins the battle of NFC West heavyweights Sunday night.

“It was more of just a friendly, joking around type deal. It’s not real serious. We’ll probably do something digitally. Something like that,” Wilson said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom