• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay 15m
Raider/Colts-- we gotta protect #12 better..and that includes more than just OL...it's backs,TE's,coaches on blitz pick ups..I DEMAND better

*giantrollseyes.jpg*

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Should have been more clear: never done it and actually won. Never forget Ravens @ Texans 2010 MNF.....

you forget the redskins game, which gave us the awesome andre/ali image compare.

Shaub never had a 4th quarter comeback in his career before Monday night? That seems crazy to me.
He's had 10 according to that chart that was posted yesterday. He should have more, there were several times in 2010 the defense gave up literally a winning touchdown with seconds to spare, the Jets game, the Jags game and the Broncos games from 2010 all come to mind.

you forget the redskins game, which gave us the awesome andre/ali image compare.

He's had 10 according to that chart that was posted yesterday. He should have more, there were several times in 2010 the defense gave up literally a winning touchdown with seconds to spare, the Jets game, the Jags game and the Broncos games from 2010 all come to mind.

Okay that makes way more sense. I figure a QB as good as he has been who has been around for a while now must have had a few at least.

MechDX

Weren't we only down like 10 at the most in that game though?

Dragon

Banned
Man my fantasy team is garbage. Did pick up Julius Thomas though since Gronk is out until at least week 3 and Brandon Pettigrew sucks worse than a Vietnamese prostitute.

MechDX

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith 42m
And ... (wait for it) ... Vanilla Ice will perform at halftime of #Titans-#Texans on Sunday. #NFL #VanillaIce

Liberty white out day. All white uniforms and fans asked to wear all white. Then have Vanilla Ice at halftime.....Texans stahp!

squicken

hahahahahahahahah .... ahahahahahahahah

Vanilla Ice will perform at halftime of Sunday’s Texans-Titans game at Reliant Stadium.

Seriously.

It was part of the plans the Texans have for the home opener.

Vanilla Ice – a stage name for the man born Robert Matthew Van Winkle – burst on to the national scene in the early 1990s with “Ice, Ice Baby.” He recently has been known as a reality television figure.

The Dallas native’s performance will be part of “Liberty White Out” day.

The Texans request fans wear white for the game.

The 2012 AFC South Championship banner will be unveiled at 11:30 a.m.

Towels and bags will be handed out, and Clay Walker will sing the national anthem.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...to-perform-at-halftime-of-texans-titans-game/

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ugh. I'm all sore and I have no truck. Might have to use my Lexus money on a new one. :(

Schaub, Schaub, baby!

Godslay

Banned
Isn't he on IR? I was hoping he'd be able to recover from his injury and produce, but it seemed like he wasn't ready yet.

He played somewhere like 50 snaps in the preseason, wasn't quite ready to play. So they stashed him away on IR. My comment was more in reference to the move of Clowney and trading up. They have guys that can rush the passer, but they are either suspended or recovering. I don't see a real need to draft a guy yet, especially with Von and Quanterus coming back, as well as with the flexibility of Wolfe and Phillips.

Also if Sly Williams works out, we will finally get some interior pressure. Although I do like the work that Knighton and Vickerson are doing so far.

Really I'm going to hold out any true judgment until Champ is back, good coverage might help the line until Von is back, in reference to this season.

gutshot

Nice look at some of the read-concepts in the Eagles first game.

http://mcnabborkolb.com/blog/2013/9...or-the-first-15-minutes-of-the-chip-kelly-era

Most people associate the zone-read game as reading the DE, but Kelly has Vick seemingly reading a different defensive player each time (CB, LB, DT). I have to imagine that makes it hard on a defense. An example:

Vick is reading the slot corner (#26). Washington had that corner come on the blitz a few times, including this one. Reading him is a perfect counter. Vick fakes the hand off and throws a quick bubble screen to DeSean:

Zone%20Read%20:%20Screen.png

As some pointed out immediately after the game, Vick does make a few strange reads and is slow to react on others. Given this has always been a weakness in Vick's game, I'm not expecting that to change too much going forward. It's just something Kelly will have to live with in exchange for his athletic ability.

Bring back the replacement refs!
Pereira says the refs got it wrong on the Cruz TD as well (and I agree):

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...gly-gave-victor-cruz-a-td-on-incomplete-pass/

But then on Sunday night, Giants receiver Victor Cruz had a similar play on which he grabbed the ball around the 1-yard line, lunged across the goal line, and lost control of the ball after he hit the ground in the end zone. That call was ruled a touchdown on the field, and the replay assistant who reviews all scoring plays was so confident that it was a touchdown that he didn’t even buzz down to the referee to take another look.

According to Mike Pereira, the former NFL head of officiating, the official on the field got it wrong, and the replay assistant got it wrong, too: According to Pereira, there is no difference between the Cruz play and the Johnson play, and under NFL rules both should be considered incomplete passes.

“The Cruz catch was ruled complete. It should not have. Ball came loose when he hit the ground. He did not complete the process,” Pereira wrote on Twitter.

Furyous

The Ravens ain't shit. Someone get PETA on the phone and tell them it's open season on Ravens. I just hope our field goal kicker can will us to victory.
To reiterate: Fuck Flacco, Fuck Harbaugh, Fuck Ray Rice, Fuck T. Sizzle, Fuck Torrey Smith and the rest of the crows.

Honey Badger about to play catch with Statpadfford all game.Reggie Bust is already injured.

Talon

Most people associate the zone-read game as reading the DE, but Kelly has Vick seemingly reading a different defensive player each time (CB, LB, DT). I have to imagine that makes it hard on a defense. An example:
Oregon has been doing this for 5 years. The inside zone read continues to give teams fits - reading the defensive tackle.

It's not a Vick-specific thing with the slowness to read, either. Darron struggled with that - particularly in the Championship game against Auburn. He was making wrong reads all game, but at least he was passing the ball relatively well. It just comes with the territory. Mariota seemed to pick it up quicker than Darron - mostly because Mariota is a lot more willing to run with it. That Cal game in 2011, Darron was super hesitant to pull the ball and take it for some reason.

Greg

Playing some tennis today, and it's going to be 91 with the heat index...

No need to imagine. We get Rodgers this year!
Got my hopes up for a minute because I couldn't remember if that was a home game for the Steelers.

The Packers haven't played away in Cleveland or Pittsburgh for a regular season game since I saw them in '09.

:(

Draxal

Pablo Torres was on Olbermann tonight and commented on the Giants' signing of Brandon Jacobs. He said some very interesting comments:

- reportedly during the workout McGahee appeared to have "much more left in the tank" than anyone else
- Giants signed Jacobs moreso because of the reason everyone thought, familiarity with the scheme. They view him as a caretaker at this point.
- Jacobs will be a good influence on the other RBs... dunno how true that is.
- Giants would have no issues him Jacobs as a 3rd down back... I'm guessing Jacobs got a hands transplant.

3. Jacobs was always Wards and Bradshaws big bro. Its something I think Wilson desperately needs.

4. Let's be clear here, its Jacobs job to pass block and that's it.

bionic77

One week ago we had all agreed that Lions fans were the craziest.

Apparently the Browns fans want to be first in something and they are making a strong claim for the title of craziest!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One week ago we had all agreed that Lions fans were the craziest.

Apparently the Browns fans want to be first in something and they are making a strong claim for the title of craziest!

if it's crazy to accept the Trent Truck into my heart I don't want to be sane.

Gobias

Banned
I think I'm the only browns fan here who isn't in love with Trent. The only offensive player I have absolute faith in is Joe Thomas.

i feel sad for steelers-age. it seems like only yesterday the steelers were an actual NFL teams with hopes and aspirations. now you're like the mid-2000 49ers: lame duck coaching staff, shitty roster, inept owners....

maybe one day you'll find your harbs though. i'm rooting for you guys, i hate to see you this way!

Dragon

Banned
It's pretty crazy how someone can get up in your ass when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

Dear Buckethead, I will ask you to cease and desist promoting our game on a video game forum. How dare you spend some of your own time on a game that you obviously care a lot about and are going to spend serious $$$.

bionic77

i feel sad for steelers-age. it seems like only yesterday the steelers were an actual NFL teams with hopes and aspirations. now you're like the mid-2000 49ers: lame duck coaching staff, shitty roster, inept owners....

maybe one day you'll find your harbs though. i'm rooting for you guys, i hate to see you this way!
I feel the same way about you guys.

Great coaching, tons of talent and somehow because the current NFL setup seems to reward shit teams like the Steelers, Packers and Ravens instead of dominant teams like the Niners and Broncos, you guys are doomed to failure.

The name of the game is Superbowls and unlike most sports the cream of the crop does not rise to the top. In the NFL these days it is the turd curds at the bottom of the soup that usually are standing last.

Remember how dominant you guys were in the past two regular seasons? Remember how you depants the Patriots and seem to embarrass Green Bay on a monthly basis? And yet it was a Pizza Hut goober surrounded by a bunch of no talent criminals that had the last laugh.

I feel bad for you guys because you were bad at the wrong time and good at the wrong time. Maybe next year bro!

I feel the same way about you guys.

Great coaching, tons of talent and somehow because the current NFL setup seems to reward shit teams like the Steelers, Packers and Ravens instead of dominant teams like the Niners and Broncos, you guys are doomed to failure.

The name of the game is Superbowls and unlike most sports the cream of the crop does not rise to the top. In the NFL these days it is the turd curds at the bottom of the soup that usually are standing last.

Remember how dominant you guys were in the past two regular seasons? Remember how you depants the Patriots and seem to embarrass Green Bay on a monthly basis? And yet it was a Pizza Hut goober surrounded by a bunch of no talent criminals that had the last laugh.

I feel bad for you guys because you were bad at the wrong time and good at the wrong time. Maybe next year bro!

we are playing the long con. we got a kings ransom for alex and then single handedly destroyed the ravens future by making flacco a superbowl winner. now we are free to take our championship this year!

Sucking is often the first step to fixing the real problems of a team.

I am such a homer for the Steelers that I keep rationalizing ways that we are going to turn it around and make the playoffs.
I think if you let them they will take 10 years off your life over the next two seasons. The more interesting thing to watch is whether Tomlin can get them back to the playoffs before Ben is done. There might be one more window for him if they draft well.

Thanks, FMT. that means... Well really it doesn't mean anything. Except that I see the kinder gentler you in this post.

Good luck trying to tie us in Super Bowl rings biiiiiiiiiiitch.

bionic77

we are playing the long con. we got a kings ransom for alex and then single handedly destroyed the ravens future by making flacco a superbowl winner. now we are free to take our championship this year!
While I applaud the way you guys destroyed the Ravens from within (no, I really do), honestly you guys just look way too competent and talented to be serious Superbowl contenders. This isn't the 80s or 80s FMT, the NFL doesn't work that way anymore!

All that matters is luck in the playoffs. Not homefield. Not coaching. Not talent. It all comes down to luck. And for whatever reason the garbo teams seem to have a monopoly on luck once it gets cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom