• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th and 10, game on the line...

wheeler-lucktaas0.gif

God bless you, Phillip Wheeler. Thanks, Chan!

bionic77

So it looks like the Broncos are the only decent team in the league this year.

Lets see if the Steelers can salvage their season tonight.

We are going to need a great game from Lewis to give us a chance to steal it at the end. Cmon Marv, I know you got at least a few more great ones in you!

DoubleTap

My lawd, that was simply a beatdown served by the Seahawks. I had no idea they would make the Niners offense disappear. The D played decently but you can only hold the home team for so long.

Kaep has been described as a high risk high reward QB. If you're not going to let him run you're basically taking away his safety valve. Wilson had no such issues, he took what the defense gave him.

Playing at Seattle seems like a guaranteed loss for the Niners now. It's like they never learned anything from last year.

Poor form by Kaep for going straight to the locker room after the game.

Back to the 'stick to see if they get back up.

We are going to need a great game from Lewis to give us a chance to steal it at the end. Cmon Marv, I know you got at least a few more great ones in you!
So no chance of a SB win for the Broncos then, right?

wallace99pfc.gif

jakncoke

Banned

I just hope we dont lose anyone tonight!

We have William Gay starting opposite of Ike Taylor and Shamarko playing Nickel!

Lets see if the OL still tries to kill Ben or any of the others.

I wonder how the new guy does at C

bionic77

We have William Gay starting opposite of Ike Taylor and Shamarko playing Nickel!

New guy is supposed to be a decent center. We can't do any worse than we did last week.

Hopefully the long week gave the players and coaches some time to gel and put something together. We will need a bit of luck and Marv's best game to pull this one out tonight.

There are rumblings that Velasco might be an upgrade at center, at least as far as the outside zone is concerned.

Narag

It's a good thing the steelers suck this year so jnc doesbt have to pretend to like them. Embrace Dat inner Seahawk, dude.

A few thoughts on Panthers-Bills:

SAD-FAN.gif

-The offense was awful (sans one Ted Ginn bomb after a gift penalty). Shula was smart to go after the Bills' depleted secondary. But Cam played very poorly for the first half and then just OK in the second. Part of that goes on him, but most of it goes on his swiss cheese o-line. Byron Bell had Mario Williams looking like damn Bruce Smith with his matador blocking.

-The secondary is in shambles. Coming into the game, the secondary wasn't looking hot and it got much worse yesterday. Now that we've lost our best d-backfield player in Godfrey at FS for a significant amount of time (if its a torn achilles, he's probably done for the year), I'm not sure where the answers are for the backend.

-The play. I'm not going to complain about the refs about the PI call on Kuechly. Luke's young, he'll learn that he can't put himself in that position and force the ref to make a judgement call there. It never should have even gotten there in the first place. The offense had three straight possessions with short fields, where they had a good chance to score touchdowns. A good team is going to come away with 6 on at least two of those three drives. Instead we only got field goals, kept the Bills in it and there ya go.

-EJ Manuel has balls of steel. I'm not sure he's destined for greatness, but at least he didn't crumble under the pressure of possibly winning a game, unlike a certain other rookie QB in the AFC East.

TL;DR: Just Losez just loses

bionic77

There are rumblings that Velasco might be an upgrade at center, at least as far as the outside zone is concerned.
I was thinking when Pouncy got his annual injury that if velasco does well we might just ditch Pouncey and keep the cheaper player.

Getting hurt is not great for job security in the NFL.

I was thinking when Pouncy got his annual injury that if velasco does well we might just ditch Pouncey and keep the cheaper player.

Getting hurt is not great for job security in the NFL.

Yeah. Can't help but think that. I don't think Pouncey has stayed healthy for 16 games once in his career.

A few thoughts on Panthers-Bills:

SAD-FAN.gif

-The offense was awful (sans one Ted Ginn bomb after a gift penalty). Shula was smart to go after the Bills' depleted secondary. But Cam played very poorly for the first half and then just OK in the second. Part of that goes on him, but most of it goes on his swiss cheese o-line. Byron Bell had Mario Williams looking like damn Bruce Smith with his matador blocking.

-The secondary is in shambles. Coming into the game, the secondary wasn't looking hot and it got much worse yesterday. Now that we've lost our best d-backfield player in Godfrey at FS for a significant amount of time (if its a torn achilles, he's probably done for the year), I'm not sure where the answers are for the backend.

-The play. I'm not going to complain about the refs about the PI call on Kuechly. Luke's young, he'll learn that he can't put himself in that position and force the ref to make a judgement call there. It never should have even gotten there in the first place. The offense had three straight possessions with short fields, where they had a good chance to score touchdowns. A good team is going to come away with 6 on at least two of those three drives. Instead we only got field goals, kept the Bills in it and there ya go.

-EJ Manuel has balls of steel. I'm not sure he's destined for greatness, but at least he didn't crumble under the pressure of possibly winning a game, unlike a certain other rookie QB in the AFC East.

TL;DR: Just Losez just loses

yall still aint beat nobody bruh

eznark

Banned
Detroit Lions had 90 yards of total offense in the second half yesterday.

GET USED TO IT LEAGUE

Holy fuck. Packers are second in the league in scoring with 66 total points. The Broncos have 66 points...in the second half!! Jesus fucking Christ.

bionic77

Yeah. Can't help but think that. I don't think Pouncey has stayed healthy for 16 games once in his career.
Yeah I never got how he got the label as "best center in the league" when he couldn't even stay on the field and our line has been garbage for most of the time he was in the league.

Who the fuck knows how that shit works though.

Just saw Merriweather of the Redskins knock someone out of the game and being excited about it while leading with his helmet. He lead with his helmet and knocked himself out. Cute karma.

Detroit Lions had 90 yards of total offense in the second half yesterday.

GET USED TO IT LEAGUE

that'll be remedied next week when R.G.TREE is serving up donuts for three quarters
250 yards and 2tds in the fourth incoming
and Megatron is single coverage pressed by D. Hall.

Yeah I never got how he got the label as "best center in the league" when he couldn't even stay on the field and our line has been garbage for most of the time he was in the league.

Who the fuck knows how that shit works though.
He probably got that label from being compared to the ultimate representation of his potential, best-Pouncey.

effzee

The Eagles offense is so good, yet the defense suuuuuuuucks. They are going to have to come up with at least a few stops a game to have a chance at winning. Yesterday they forced one punt... ONE! That's not gonna cut it.

That being said, the offense also left points on the field with some dropped balls, penalties, and bad throws. Ugh.

The one good thing to come out of yesterday: my picks were money and I'm winning in both pick' em leagues now.

Basically.

What frustrates me are the # of opportunities on offense that didn't materialize into points.

Offense:

1 missed FG. 2 dropped TD passes. :(

From coaches to players. DeSean had a real good day but it could have been an epic great game. He dropped an easy TD bomb. Then his personal foul set up the SD TD late which game them the lead.

Vick played nearly a mistake free game, but he missed DJAX 2 times deep when he overthrew him just a bit. One I don't fault him he was getting hit as he threw it. The other was inches overthrown.

Chip Kelly wtf were you doing? I have bought into everything he has done and honestly just after 2 games it shows how much of a change, energy, and fun he has brought back to the team. BUT he completely had a Reid level brain fart meltdown late in the game.

Why did McCoy have 11 carries all game? Yes we didn't want him to have 31 carries like week 1 but to go from 31 to 11? WTF?

And it showed especially on that final Eagles offensive drive. On a first and goal FIRST OF ALL the clock should have been milked to the 2 min warning. No one is saying be a pussy and don't be aggressive. Go for the TD but use the clock to help you there.

It should have been milked to the 2 min warning. Then with 1st and 2nd and 10 from the 11 yard line RUN THE GODDAMN BALL with McCoy. He can make something out of nothing and has a higher chance of scoring then Vick would from there.

Instead we didn't let the clock run down, ran a play so quickly, and on that play Vick got split in half and had the wind knocked out of him. Then instead of calling a time out to let Vick catch his breath he trotted out Foles for a play STILL didn't milk the clock to the 2 min warning and of all things had Foles throw a fade to DJAX. Not even Riley Cooper who is the tallest and biggest WR. MADE NO FUCKING SENSE.

Now you finally reach the 2 min warning, its 3and10 from the 11 yard line and again instead of designing a play for McCoy (oh I don't know a screen play?!!!) they just pass on another drop back where Vick again has pressure up his grill. Avant maybe still should have caught the ball but great play by SD on defense.

Now you settle for a FG and good tie the game but you leave SD a full 2 minutes with 3 timeouts. Oh and btw the Defense has not stopped the Rivers led offense all game. Forced just 1 punt. It was so obvious what was going to happen. Rivers marched straight down. Too easy.

Rookie coach mistakes but this shit was so infuriating because Reid would make the same mistakes in season 14. Chip better learn and clean this shit up NOW.

Defense

I don't even know where to begin so I won't get into it too much. Secondary sucks. Its improved from last year only because these guys like to and will tackle but they can't cover for shit.

NO PASS RUSH AT ALL. Forced only 1 punt. Yes had two forced fumbles but one was Ryan Mathews and one was just a real good individual play by Boykins.

Rivers probably had the easiest game in years. We know he will force and make mistakes but you have to at least get in his grill.

Nate Allen is a colossal bust of epic proportions. WHY THE FUCK AREN'T WE SIGNING KERRY RHODES? OR ANY OTHER FREE AGENT SAFETY? Hell bring in Kenny Phillips and his limping ass. I am so sick of Nate Allen being abused and costing us games. Its been 4 years now. Enough!

The offense should have to score 30+ each week to have a chance to win. I mean even with all the mistakes Chip and the offense made (leaving at least 3 TDs on the board and a missed FG) the offense is averaging 30 points. That's a lot. That's way more than most teams score. The defense has to play better than this.

eznark

Banned
that'll be remedied next week when R.G.TREE is serving up donuts for three quarters
250 yards and 2tds in the fourth incoming
and Megatron is single coverage pressed by D. Hall.

How frustrated were you (and I would assume Washington writers) with his post game press conference? Does the man just not understand that Philly and GB gave no fucks in the fourth quarter? He hangs his hat on garbage time numbers. He is really not good right now.

Does it hurt you that the Packers clowned the Steelers with a 10 man defense in the Super Bowl? Does it hurt your soul?

It did I admit, but then I realized that it was just the Pack's turn to win the NFC Fluker Bowl. Now i'll happily watch while Rodgers chases Peyton Manning for playoff one and dones.

effzee

How frustrated were you (and I would assume Washington writers) with his post game press conference? Does the man just not understand that Philly and GB gave no fucks in the fourth quarter? He hangs his hat on garbage time numbers. He is really not good right now.

I took it as he was being pretty honest. He said team isn't playing well in the first half cause of him because when he does play better it shows the rest of the team is ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom