• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest for what? The knee is fine. It's healed. His problem is mental. And having him sit on a couch watching games the whole year isn't going to magically unfuck him. The only way that happens is by playing games enough times until his anxiety goes away by sheer reptition.
There is no way he is 100% physically.

I don't. If he had fallen 20 spots in the draft he'd be watching Cousins from the sidelines.

I approve of this

kirk-cousins-15jpg-e67b16ea25ae1357_medium.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Rest for what? The knee is fine. It's healed. His problem is mental. And having him sit on a couch watching games the whole year isn't going to magically unfuck him. The only way that happens is by playing games enough times until his anxiety goes away by sheer reptition.

Or he just becomes Carson Palmer 2.0

ChanHuk

Banned
Ah, cool. Well, guess we'll see what happens and hope for the best. If Woodson goes down, we're pretty fucked.

I'm concerned for Woodson. Tyvon was playing his wolverine role which is Woodson's specialty. His age has caught up to him so he can't take that punishment anymore on his body. Hopefully they keep him out of the box just for the sake of his health.

eznark

Banned
I approve of this

kirk-cousins-15jpg-e67b16ea25ae1357_medium.jpg

Fuck your face!

But letting him suck balls on the football field and get grilled by reporters, that'll build his confidence!

Broncos play Raiders on Monday. Will be interesting to see how Pryor plays, especially with our defense. Earlier I would have said it'd give us good preparation for RGIII, but right now Vick is more threatening than him.

It will be interesting to see how Denver does against the rest of the West. Defensively, Kansas City scares me more; offensively, San Diego. We've beaten San Diego in shoot outs, but Denver had some ugly games against KC last year and with Andy Reid I think those could be tighter this go around.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Broncos play Raiders on Monday. Will be interesting to see how Pryor plays, especially with our defense. Earlier I would have said it'd give us good preparation for RGIII, but right now Vick is more threatening than him.

It will be interesting to see how Denver does against the rest of the West. Defensively, Kansas City scares me more; offensively, San Diego. We've beaten San Diego in shoot outs, but Denver had some ugly games against KC last year and with Andy Reid I think those could be tighter this go around.

Vick isn't running like he used to

ChanHuk

Banned
Raiders need to cut out these designed QB run plays, they're too obvious. Pryor needs to be able to sit in the pocket and take off as needed.

Also D. Moore needs to ride the bench. Fuckin bum.

Narag

My unnecessarily long summary from this morning:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82110973&postcount=11389

Tannehill looked sharp. I have to admit, I'm really surprised with how dedicated Philbin and Sherman are to making him a traditional pocket passer. Two weeks in a row and I still don't think I've seen a single bootleg or rollout. Don't get me wrong, he's doing very well as that type of passer, but with the questionable o-line and his ability to throw on the run you'd think they'd move him around a little more.

I was impressed by your secondary. Having nightmares about Seattle now!

effzee

Vick isn't running like he used to

Which is good for us. He still has the speed as he showed in camp when he beat McCoy in a race. He is smarter when running slower.

Its when he runs with no thought and full speed that he takes stupid hits.

Just as long as he is threat it should work for us.

That said Broncos going to drop 60 on us so it won't matter. Hopefully we can be 2-2 after Broncos game.

Props to the Seahawks for showing up last night. I'm still stinging from that loss. I would've been ok if it were a close game but the offense just dropped a big fat turd. That might've been the worst loss handed to Harbaugh Niners thus far. The only positive of the night was probably Aldon Smith's play and Eric Reid (I'm so glad we didn't overpay to extend Goldson) up until he got concussed (we played 2 quarters of solid defense). Losing Ian Williams for probably the year sucks as he's played pretty well at NT and I just don't have much faith in Glen Dorsey. Offensively, we were just offensive. This is the second week in a row in which the running game has not shown up. While the easy thing would be to assume that Gore has lost step, I just haven't seen the offensive line open up holes like they did last season...Did losing Delanie Walker really affect the run game that much? On the passing side, I'm under the impression that our receivers got no separation for most of the night and I'm hoping that Manningham + Crabs will solve this issue. Kap looked like year 1 preseason Kap out there.

In closing, normally I'd say gg but it wasn't even close. At the same time, I'm not calling doom and gloom after week 2, good teams have bad games, any given sunday and all that jazz...see you guys in December, hopefully the Niners are a much improved team by then.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Are you watching the same league as I am? You do jack shit in the league without a QB. If surrendering the season if what we have to do to have a healthy RGIII moving forward, then that's what we do.

And when we go .500 with Cousins and RGIII has to shake off the rust next year (and eliminates our playoff chances in the process) people are going to question why we didn't just let the guy get the shit out of his ass when we had a chance instead of essentially tanking two years in a row.
Cousins is better than RGWeeden right now. And possibly all the time. They aren't letting Griffin run the full offense right now. If that's because he's rusty, then that's a coaching failure. But looking at him move, he's either not 100% or incredibly scared. Most of that stuff, you can fix in practice, i.e. stepping into the pass and running the ball. Will there be an adjustment period while he gets used to game speed again? Absolutely. Not a full year, though, it should take 2 or 3 games. You don't care about the team except for one guy, I get it. I'll move on.

Fuck your face!

But letting him suck balls on the football field and get grilled by reporters, that'll build his confidence!

pretty much yea

I mean what are people going to say? Garbage time or no he has 650 yards through two games while playing on one leg.

He has to mentally be able to trust his leg again, and that can only come through repetitively using it more and more each game until he doesn't think about it anymore.

As for Cousins I like the guy a lot, but RGIII put up quick points on Seattle like it wasn't nothin, Cousins comes in after dude goes down and is completely unable to even compete, so I don't know people have faith in him.

Cousins is better than RGWeeden right now. And possibly all the time. They aren't letting Griffin run the full offense right now. If that's because he's rusty, then that's a coaching failure. But looking at him move, he's either not 100% or incredibly scared. Most of that stuff, you can fix in practice, i.e. stepping into the pass and running the ball. Will there be an adjustment period while he gets used to game speed again? Absolutely. Not a full year, though, it should take 2 or 3 games. You don't care about the team except for one guy, I get it. I'll move on.

He's scared, and no you can't fix that in practice. You fix it by surviving game to game until you don't worry about it anymore. Guys don't even touch him in practice.

Talon

Without digging through all of the posts, what was your take from the game yesterday, agree or disagree with mine?
I missed most of the game yesterday due to one of those epic Ikea - BBB Sunday trips.

I caught the last quarter, and I was impressed by the corner play on the outside with Asante out. I concur that McClain seemed to be picked on. Sort of unhappy about that considering how spectacular he was last year.

The red zone sequence at the end, though. I know we're playing rookies so it's tough, but The corner to the right of Pettis was guarding air. The safety (I'm guessing Moore) had the back line with what looked like their tight end. This is stuff that you learn with experience, so hopefully that gets cleaned up over the season.

Don't want to see us get one dimensional, as much as you and I (and dorsey) bitch about the offense getting complacent.

I love Snelling, man. I hope he stays with his whole career. Not a guy that pops on the stat sheet, but he saves our ass twice a season.

Syrinx

Unfortunately Schiano is going to get his way. Freeman is gone. He is the next Steve Young or Vinny Testaverde. Glennon will go in and the flags will keep coming. The Bucs will be stuck with Glennon until well after Schiano is fired. Another college coach comes in, doesn't like Glennon, drafts his own QB and the cycle begins anew.

go bucs

At this point, I'm convinced that neither has any successful future with this team. By the start of next year, both will be gone, unless the Bucs miraculously get their shit together and make a run, which I just don't see right now.

eznark

Banned
He's playing on one leg mentally

Not sure what it is you're not understanding about the recovery process.

Well there is the problem. He should mentally be playing with his brain and leave his legs to take care of the physical stuff. He's all bass ackwards.

He isn't able to make the Redskins a competitive football team and they have arguably a better option on the bench, that's all that should matter.

RGIII isn't looking very bad or anything
First half of their past two games could have fooled me. Overall Washington's biggest problem is their defense. They were marginally better than the Saints last year -- whom had a historically bad defense. Not surprised Washington is getting blown out with no offensive production.

Which is why I'm not worried about Denver going against Washington -- or the Eagles for that matter.

Raiders need to cut out these designed QB run plays, they're too obvious. Pryor needs to be able to sit in the pocket and take off as needed.

Also D. Moore needs to ride the bench. Fuckin bum.

Yeah, dude is just too inconsistent. Reggie should trade him for a 4th or 5th to NE or something.

I was impressed by your secondary. Having nightmares about Seattle now!
They played alright all things considered but I still get nervous whenever Nolan Carroll is on the field. Too many bad memories. If the two rookie CB's get healthy and Patterson comes back from his groin injury (which should be next week) the secondary should be pretty solid. Jones and Clemons are great safeties, at least.

You guys have a weird three game stretch coming up. Tough game against the Niners, a nice breather against the Jags, then the Seahawks. I like the Colts, I hope they do the AFC proud against those NFC West teams, but I probably shouldn't in case Miami ends up competing with them for a WC spot.

They played alright all things considered but I still get nervous whenever Nolan Carroll is on the field. Too many bad memories. If the two rookie CB's get healthy and Patterson comes back from his groin injury (which should be next week) the secondary should be pretty solid. Jones and Clemons are great safeties, at least.

You guys have a weird three game stretch coming up. Tough game against the Niners, a nice breather against the Jags, then the Seahawks. I like the Colts, I hope they do the AFC proud against those NFC West teams, but I probably shouldn't in case Miami ends up competing with them for a WC spot.

You guys got the division.

ChanHuk

Banned
Yeah, dude is just too inconsistent. Reggie should trade him for a 4th or 5th to NE or something.

We'd be lucky to get a 6th for him. The guy is just a bum. Promote Brice Butler to opposite Streater already. Actually I can see them cutting D. Moore when Holmes comes back.

Really tough loss to take. I was most dissapointed by the complete lack of ability to run the ball after being so good at it the last two years. I was proud of the effort of the defense in a hostile environment, they were lights out the whole first half, but when you get two turnovers and still can't score, you're not going to win anything

Props to the seahawks, they are damn near unbeatable at home. 49ers going to have to finish with a better record so that matchup doesn't happen again in the playoffs.

squicken

Watch the center, Pouncey, on this Wallace TD:

http://abload.de/img/wallacetdulotc.gif[/ig]

Stud.[/QUOTE]

The good Pouncey. Looking forward to checking this game out later. Just from reading around, it seems the Colts D is somehow worse than last year (not to take away from MIA). Before he got sick I wasn't impressed with Pagano, and since he's been back, I'm still not. Being so helpless vs Terrell Pryor was embarrassing

The good Pouncey. Looking forward to checking this game out later. Just from reading around, it seems the Colts D is somehow worse than last year (not to take away from MIA). Before he got sick I wasn't impressed with Pagano, and since he's been back, I'm still not. Being so helpless vs Terrell Pryor was embarrassing

It was pretty plain to see even last season that the Colts were going to regress. They have no talent on defense and Luck had the flukiest rookie season ever. Something like 8 games won by a touchdown or less.

Only teams I'm worried about with Denver is KC at their turf, Dallas, Houston and New England (maybe).

Doesn't matter unless Peyton starts training in a freezer for the post-season push.
That's dumb man, the 49ers won just last season in the game @ SF
Not every rivalry can have Charlie Batch winning the game at the last minute.

Colasante

Deacon Jones Award Watch, Week 2

1. Mario Williams, Bills (4.5)
2. Robert Quinn, Rams (4)
3a. Dontari Poe, Chiefs (3.5)
3b. Aldon Smith, 49ers (3.5)
5a. Justin Houston, Chiefs (3)
5b. Ryan Kerrigan, Redskins (3)
5c. Robert Mathis, Colts (3)

Two Chiefs in the top five. That's impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom