• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already see enough throws into the dirt. I don't want to see it increase exponentially with an addition of Tebow. How about we fix that line so it doesn't leak every freaking play? Not much you can do when no lanes are open to run and barely any time to throw.
This is why you go with Tebow. He can turn shit into gold. Henne and Gabbert are sitting ducks back there but Tebow could actually make that team interesting. He would sure so hell get people watching Jags games
If only for the lulz

Fantomex

I'm think largely done with Packers gif highlights now. I haven't actually re-watched the game in full yet though.

If you know a moment from other games you want a gif of, PM me with the game and when/what happened that you want. I plan to do some of the major highlights of the week one way or another.

Brentech, just for your amusement. In the Denver Game, It's either the first or second quarter somewhere during the 3:00-4:00 minute mark, I can hear Ienacho from the Broncos blurt out the most awesome F bombs I've ever heard on live television. I think he calls Jacobs a Stupid Biiiiiiiiiii, and and Ugly MotherF. I mentioned it here yesterday, I was dying of laughter. It happened after they tackled Jacobs I believe. Even my wife started to lol. And the announcers just carried on like nothing.

When the Badgers got fucked in the hockey National Championship game in 1992 Jason Zent (who also won Most Outstanding Player in the tournament) attacked the head ref. Shot a puck at his face and then attempted to beat the shit out of him. He had to be restrained. This led to a brawl straight out of Slap Shot and included the stands. Badger fans nearly burned down the arena and to this day I know people who will break shit at the mention of Lake Superior State (there goes my keyboard). The entire season was wiped by the NCAA and the Badgers were not recognized to have played in that title game. Hockey East officials fear Wisconsin and for good reason.

Stave should have killed that man. Badger fans are getting soft as fuck. Badger hockey fans are known to have accosted the Shepherd family (three of whom are long time WCHA officials) and it may have been my uncle for broke Papa Shepherd's nose and knocked out his teeth after a terrible ref assisted loss to the Gophers.

Nut up Wisconsin. Go beat hell out of the closest ASU fan.
savages

Fantomex

If we keep winning we might be setting a trend like the wildcat years ago!

Thursday boost: Is it a myth or reality? After winning two games in a row on the road, the Dolphins will stick to their schedule of taking Thursday off this week. Miami’s players and coaches are crediting their new schedule as a reason the team is finishing strong in the fourth quarter. The Dolphins have been the fresher team late against both Cleveland and Indianapolis. Miami will most likely stay with this schedule as long as the team continues to win.

squicken

When the Badgers got fucked in the hockey National Championship game in 1992 Jason Zent (who also won Most Outstanding Player in the tournament) attacked the head ref. Shot a puck at his face and then attempted to beat the shit out of him. He had to be restrained. This led to a brawl straight out of Slap Shot and included the stands. Badger fans nearly burned down the arena and to this day I know people who will break shit at the mention of Lake Superior State (there goes my keyboard). The entire season was wiped by the NCAA and the Badgers were not recognized to have played in that title game. Hockey East officials fear Wisconsin and for good reason.

Stave should have killed that man. Badger fans are getting soft as fuck. Badger hockey fans are known to have accosted the Shepherd family (three of whom are long time WCHA officials) and it may have been my uncle for broke Papa Shepherd's nose and knocked out his teeth after a terrible ref assisted loss to the Gophers.

Nut up Wisconsin. Go beat hell out of the closest ASU fan.

haha okay that is awesome.

With football I think we are just so conditioned to awful officiating. This was on ATL's first drive, their first 3rd down. Rams get a stop, get good field position, and who knows? Instead, they were behind all game and never had good field position. Instead Long gets an offsides b/c he has a great get off

ibxo9glEJ1CzVo.gif

cdyhybrid

Someone has to hold those assholes accountable and it's clearly not going to be the joke of a conference the Pac 12. Soft ass hippy bitches.

But if the league actually held their refs accountable, we'd have none left to do our games!

Seahawks open as 19.5 point favorites over the Jags.

Falcons DE Kroy Biermann going on injured reserve with a torn Achilles'. Team may have missed its Super Bowl window last season until they reload on defense.

Damn, that sucks.

I will say that Massaquoi did fill in nicely as a DE. He just won't be able to fill in for Biermann's versatility as an extra LB.

EDIT: Same thing for Ewing too, fuck!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Russell Wilson is still underrated. He's the best young QB in the league.

I met him on a plane once. He sat next to me. I thought he looked like Russell Wilson, but he was WAY too short and slight to be a QB, so I assumed it was a coincidence. And he didn't talk like a jock either. And he was reading a fancy learnin' book. So I sort of assumed he was some marketing exec or something, and almost said "you look like..." anyway, long shit story short, when we got off the plane all the old farts were whispering "seahawks QB" and the attendant said, "thank you Mr. Wilson."

A lot of forced turnovers Miami is doing, and with Clay and Wallace with over 100 yards, hopefully things continue to improve. We're building a young team.

With Buffalo being Buffalo, and the Jets being the Jets, that only leaves old man Brady with no receivers.

There shouldn't be a reason for us to not win our division, or even getting the wildcard.

Tenumi

Banned
So apparently one of the Cardinals offensive linemen took a dive at Suh's knees after a play was over? Good for him. Guy is a hero.

This quote pretty much sums up why I decided against staying here after my brief trial in NFLGaf. Seriously, wishing injury on any person, any player? That is disgusting. You should be ashamed at yourself, not only making yourself look terrible, but conforming to the culture that American Football has created.

Seriously disgusting.

eznark

Banned
This quote pretty much sums up why I decided against staying here after my brief trial in NFLGaf. Seriously, wishing injury on any person, any player? That is disgusting. You should be ashamed at yourself, not only making yourself look terrible, but conforming to the culture that American Football has created.

Seriously disgusting.
ibkvW21PNihR0g.gif

Maybe it's perspective, but it looks like Long was lined up offsides to me, Squicken. Not even the motion matters.

He was way offisides. Not particularly close. Basically his entire torso was over the line before the ball moved.

Any Browns fans here?

Wondering if I should look into moving Trent. I just don't see how he's going to ever have substantial numbers when it's pretty clear that stopping the run and putting the game in Weedans hands pretty much guarantees a win.

cdyhybrid

Seriously disgusting.

You make me ashamed to be a fan of football, eznark!

Colasante

The Clady injury would be a big blow if the Broncos didn't face the Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, Jaguars, Colts, Redskins, and Chargers next, none of whom have a particularly fearsome pass rush, aside from perhaps the Redskins.

Talon

Seriously disgusting.
You sure told us.

Seriously disgusting.

Get of your high pony.

Greg

Seriously disgusting.
don't let Suh hit you on the way out

At least we have an excuse. Reid destroyed the defense over the past 5 years.

I think they could still be better. They get no pass rush at all through 2 games and yet Graham and Curry cant see the field, wtf is that. They need to give everyone a shot since Cole has been it outside of one of 2 plays. The secondary is garbage but giving QBs 5 seconds is never going to work.

Narag

Seriously disgusting.

I could see this attitude being held towards anyone but Suh who is totally ok with it himself.

squicken

Maybe it's perspective, but it looks like Long was lined up offsides to me, Squicken. Not even the motion matters.

But the tackle moved early, so the play should be blown dead and Long given a 5 yard penalty. And it wasn't called a neutral zone infraction. It was called offsides

I'm not saying, at all, that it had bearing on the outcome. But it was a chance to steal a possession and establish field position. There's a point value to that

effzee

I think they could still be better. They get no pass rush at all through 2 games and yet Graham and Curry cant see the field, wtf is that. They need to give everyone a shot since Cole has been it outside of one of 2 plays. The secondary is garbage but giving QBs 5 seconds is never going to work.

Yup something has to change. When they blitzed, Chargers picked it up. When they went to a three man line there were guys running wide open unaccounted for.

Against the Redskins they got some rush and the blitzes reached. SD really allowed nothing which is shocking considering King Dunlap was the starting LT.

Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry have to play.

eznark

Banned
But the tackle moved early, so the play should be blown dead and Long given a 5 yard penalty. And it wasn't called a neutral zone infraction. It was called offsides

I'm not saying, at all, that it had bearing on the outcome. But it was a chance to steal a possession and establish field position. There's a point value to that

Long did move first. I think it probably should have gone against ATL but it is hardly a clear cut case of incompetence.

Godslay

Banned

Seriously disgusting.

Well we usually welcome people with open arms around here. I at least try to not be insular. But in this case, you clearly don't understand the situation at hand. Nor do you know the history. So either educate yourself and try again, or leave an ignorant poster. Those are really your options.

So the Dolphins have played the Colts and Browns and Tannehill has been sacked 9 times. Second in the league only to Weeden, and Tanne is tied for 17th in the league in pass attempts.

Doesn't bode well.

Seriously disgusting.

I really hope you get hit by a bus full of leprosy

Zeke

I don't know about Murray this season and I don't know if its the oline or him. He had 12 carries yesterday and averaged 2.1yds compare that to the giants game where he had 20 for 4.3 average. Only the second game but damn that run game would really help take some pressure off I hope he gets it going. One thing I noticed in yesterdays game compared to the giants game the defense didn't look like they were going for the ball much. I was hyped to see them get some more turnovers but nothing doing.

Colasante

Gulp. Patriots CBs Aqib Talib and Alfonzo Dennard both missing from practice, although Dennard had a trial date, so hopefully that's the only reason he's missing. If they're gone against the Bucs, Vincent Jackson is going to beast to the tune of 200+ yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom