• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This quote pretty much sums up why I decided against staying here after my brief trial in NFLGaf. Seriously, wishing injury on any person, any player? That is disgusting. You should be ashamed at yourself, not only making yourself look terrible, but conforming to the culture that American Football has created.

Seriously disgusting.
American Football is certainly a full-contact sport and hard hitting is part of the game, but for the most part neither fans nor players want others to be seriously injured. They'd much rather make plays on the field. Those who do, like Suh and the whole bounty scandal in New Orleans, are appropriately scorned so to cite it as a culture of seeking injury is misreading the culture.

Also, bear in mind that posts in this thread are usually amped up, because sports is pretty much an exercise in tribalism and people give each other crap accordingly, but it's not meant to be taken that seriously. Don't be quick to judge a group of people you're not already familiar with.

I told him to come back on Sunday, I'll be gone! How much more inviting can I be?!
Dammit ez, come on. Can we have new people on NFL-GAF without you offending them on the first day? For all we know he could've been a Giants fan!
Probably best to let it go when you have to get the quotes outside of the thread or forum. Unless it was snes twitter because that rage was fucking funny.
At this point all new juniors are snes to me.

American Football is certainly a full-contact sport and hard hitting is part of the game, but for the most part neither fans nor players want others to be seriously injured. They'd much rather make plays on the field. Those who do, like Suh and the whole bounty scandal in New Orleans, are appropriately scorned so to cite it as a culture of seeking injury is misreading the culture.

Also, bear in mind that posts in this thread are usually amped up, because sports is pretty much an exercise in tribalism and people give each other crap accordingly, but it's not meant to be taken that seriously. Don't be quick to judge a group of people you're not already familiar with.

Tenumi's post had very little to do with football and everything to do with being a self important douche who graciously took the time to descend from his/her ivory tower to chastise the unwashed. The result should have been expected.

Fantomex

This quote pretty much sums up why I decided against staying here after my brief trial in NFLGaf. Seriously, wishing injury on any person, any player? That is disgusting. You should be ashamed at yourself, not only making yourself look terrible, but conforming to the culture that American Football has created.

Seriously disgusting.

Please stay. I made you a helmet. Sure the colors don't match your avatar, but it's close enough right!

applejack_football_helmet_by_shho13-d4en42v.png

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tenumi's post had very little to do with football and everything to do with being a self important douche who graciously took the time to descend from his/her ivory tower to chastise the unwashed. The result should have been expected.
OR

You can talk it out without burning bridges at the first slight.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Still can't believe the end of regulation for Titans Texans.

Bullock drills the 51 yarder down the middle - timeout was called
Next kick is blocked, but player who blocked it was offsides
Ball moved up 5 yards - now a 46 yard kick
Bullock misses 46 yarder wide left - timeout was called
Bullock clanks 46 yarder off the left goal post. I thought this was in, and then curved.

also in weird kicking scenario, Munchak iced his own kicker earlier in the game, oddly Bironas missed that kick. Then for the official kick he made it. This sequence made absolutely no sense to me.

also lols @ pollard "we beat the piss out of them" um they put up 30 on you with almost 500 yards of offense and 3 missed field goals.

Fantomex

Hey bro wanna meet up sometime soon and watch some anime? I'll bring the Natty Ice.

LOL, they got you Duff. You used to be beautiful.

Make that helmet in Texans colors so I can avatar bet MechDX first Texans/Colts game!

I made the blue a lot brighter, as to compliment the show more. We wouldn't want them to be mad at us. I've seen them go crazy against Transformers fans.

jakncoke

Banned
I would like you all to know, fuck yall and we are fully committed as a steelers nation for the frowney for clowney campaign /backtodbdaydrinking

eznark

Banned
Jesus the Giants had 23 total yards rushing and running backs had 24 yards after contact. Nice work, Giants offensive line

I would like you all to know, fuck yall and we are fully committed as a steelers nation for the frowney for clowney campaign /backtodbdaydrinking

Is it your birthday today jak??

jakncoke

Banned
I sometimes wonder how some gaffers operate in the real world. Like has this guy ever been to an NFL game or a bar?

Poorly very poorly. I assume most are whatever stereotype you got for basement dwelling cant deal with society nerd.

Jesus the Giants had 23 total yards rushing and running backs had 24 yards after contact. Nice work, Giants offensive line

Is it your birthday today jak??

ya sadly. damn well 25 already. where have the years gone.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
"I don't post in here because you are a bunch of assholes" followed by a twitter post to the same effect isn't burning bridges?
No, I get that, but just because one party wants to burn the bridge doesn't mean it can't be averted.

After all, NFL-GAF and PonyGAF have pretty similar standings in GAF as a whole. It's all too tragic for prejudice and misunderstandings to come into play.

Kiryu

So Can I say Seahawks is basically 3-0 team now because we can't see Jags winning at our "Centurylink field" coming up this sunday.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So Can I say Seahawks is basically 3-0 team now because we can't see Jags winning at our "Centurylink field" coming up this sunday.
Pfft. One game at a time. The moment we start overlooking opponents is the moment we set ourselves up to take Ls.

Fantomex

Poorly very poorly. I assume most are whatever stereotype you got for basement dwelling cant deal with society nerd.

ya sadly. damn well 25 already. where have the years gone.

Happy Birthday Jak. May you never again be reminded of squickening from the SeaChickens.

my_little_steelers_pony_by_benwhoski-dgztd1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom