• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Look, I tried to join the community back in the preseason. But I couldn't. It was just too toxic. I will admit that I have anxiety and depression issues, probably more severe than most people who know me realize. I'm also passionate about my interests. Football happens to be one of them. I could talk for days about the strategy and preparation that goes on before, during, and after games.

Thing is, the past few seasons have severely grated on my interest in the game. With yes, the bounty scandal, and the vilification of Suh, I find it harder and harder to support the game. Fans calling for the death of the commissioner (Not here, at another forum) because they penalized their team for a system that encourages the potential damage to the future life of a player. I understand the reputation of Suh, and quite a bit of it I agree with. But he's human. You want to fight back against him? Stonewall him. Take him out of the game with your play. Nothing is more humiliating to a player than being absolutely shut down.

I also happen to like the idea of the game being safer. But that makes me alone, it seems. I've been concussed before, and it is not a fun experience. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, and any movement made to prevent them is worthwhile. But any time anything is done, fans complain. What is it going to take for fans to see why the league is doing what it can to improve the safety of the game? The death of a fan favorite player because of a hit that could've been prevented.

I don't hate you people. I just wish you could see beyond your own visions, try and understand what and why others think the way they do. But to me, it appears that isn't possible. It hurts me to watch as I'm torn into like a piece of meat. When I made that post, it wasn't to cause controversy. I just found the post disturbing. Then everything about me suddenly became fair game to insult me.

I'm not saying I won't post here again. I may as well, especially in the offseason. But for now, this girl doesn't feel welcome here.

Yeah, never ever take anything seriously in this, or ANY OTHER sports thread for that matter. Most of us would be supercool and laid back if we ever met in real person. For example, Dutch came to my state this year and I actually helped him to find great places to eat in Santa Barbara. If my internet forum persona came out, I would of gladly sent him to an alley where he most of likely been beaten to a pulp and maybe molested. But thats just it, we just mess around a lot here. No one really is being serious. But it takes some time of lurking until you realize how everyone plays around. It took me months of lurking before I figured out FMT doesn't really want us to suck on his penis. It's just how he makes conversation.

LJ11

A lot of forced turnovers Miami is doing, and with Clay and Wallace with over 100 yards, hopefully things continue to improve. We're building a young team.

With Buffalo being Buffalo, and the Jets being the Jets, that only leaves old man Brady with no receivers.

There shouldn't be a reason for us to not win our division, or even getting the wildcard.

It's going to be awesome when we go down to Miami and skull fuck the Phins.

Look, I tried to join the community back in the preseason. But I couldn't. It was just too toxic. I will admit that I have anxiety and depression issues, probably more severe than most people who know me realize. I'm also passionate about my interests. Football happens to be one of them. I could talk for days about the strategy and preparation that goes on before, during, and after games.

Thing is, the past few seasons have severely grated on my interest in the game. With yes, the bounty scandal, and the vilification of Suh, I find it harder and harder to support the game. Fans calling for the death of the commissioner (Not here, at another forum) because they penalized their team for a system that encourages the potential damage to the future life of a player. I understand the reputation of Suh, and quite a bit of it I agree with. But he's human. You want to fight back against him? Stonewall him. Take him out of the game with your play. Nothing is more humiliating to a player than being absolutely shut down.

I also happen to like the idea of the game being safer. But that makes me alone, it seems. I've been concussed before, and it is not a fun experience. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, and any movement made to prevent them is worthwhile. But any time anything is done, fans complain. What is it going to take for fans to see why the league is doing what it can to improve the safety of the game? The death of a fan favorite player because of a hit that could've been prevented.

I don't hate you people. I just wish you could see beyond your own visions, try and understand what and why others think the way they do. But to me, it appears that isn't possible. It hurts me to watch as I'm torn into like a piece of meat. When I made that post, it wasn't to cause controversy. I just found the post disturbing. Then everything about me suddenly became fair game to insult me.

I'm not saying I won't post here again. I may as well, especially in the offseason. But for now, this girl doesn't feel welcome here.

I'm with you as far as the safety of the game is concerned, but with the posters here I've noticed fairly quickly that a lot of posters here have the kind of relationship where you can talk trash about each other and not take it serious, I'm like that with a lot of my friends so I don't take anything that I read here as far as insult/threats serious because it's pretty obvious that they aren't. I just started posting here recently as well since I didn't even know there was an NFL Gaf and while I don't post very often since I work and have school I love coming in here and reading all the trash talk going on, some of it is hilarious, to each their own I guess and I hope you can get past that since everyone here loves football, which is why we are here : )

I'm think largely done with Packers gif highlights now. I haven't actually re-watched the game in full yet though.

If you know a moment from other games you want a gif of, PM me with the game and when/what happened that you want. I plan to do some of the major highlights of the week one way or another.

Who is going to make the Week 3 thread? I think it would be awesome for the "What we learned" section to have a pic or gif of Patrick Peterson's throw and make a comment along the lines of learning that he is a better QB than Tebow.

Happy Birthday NFL-GAF bros! How old are you old man EZ?
you are likely actually within a few years or so of my age

Gata put your avatar where you mouth is. Year long bet, if the Pats win the SB you can give me any avatar, and if they dont I get to give you an avatar.

As in the NFLGAF community. No offense intended by that wording.

As for seriousness, like I said, I'm passionate. Its difficult to flip off a switch and just start joking around. I will defend them to the death if necessary. Can't really help how my mind is wired.
It's ok. Some of us will try to be sensitive about it.

Tenumi

Banned
Heads up, there's a "you people" in-joke in this thread.

Well, then... :p

We don't want people here who are too unintelligent to distinguish the difference between earnestly wishing someone harm and hyperbolicly talking shit for our own entertainment. The subcommunities in general and NFL-Gaf in particular is a safe haven for closer knit groups of people to have a tiny fucking bit of fun outside the strict rules and boundaries of OT and Gaming so why don't you fuck off and don't come back

My last personal word on the matter, but serious post or not this really didn't make me feel comfortable posting that long post at all. Yeah, that depression I mentioned? Guess what I've had a tough week with. I'm glad to be on medication, but it can't cover everything up...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, never ever take anything seriously in this, or ANY OTHER sports thread for that matter. Most of us would be supercool and laid back if we ever met in real person. For example, Dutch came to my state this year and I actually helped him to find great places to eat in Santa Barbara. If my internet forum persona came out, I would of gladly sent him to an alley where he most of likely been beaten to a pulp and maybe molested. But thats just it, we just mess around a lot here. No one really is being serious. But it takes some time of lurking until you realize how everyone plays around. It took me months of lurking before I figured out FMT doesn't really want us to suck on his penis. It's just how he makes conversation.
Now, it does get a bit much at times, but it's always rewarding catching somebody overreaching and making them look foolish for it. That's pretty much been my angle here, as I'm not the most passionate type. lol

But like you said, it's easy to misunderstand. I've been around here for over a decade to varying levels of activity, and while I was a mod I've had to sometimes intercede just like I've done for other misunderstood threads like PonyGAF.

Speaking of which FMT, you didn't answer my question... Peyton or Alex Smith / Colin Kaepernick after the Seattle debacle?

I'd still take kap over both. It's one game in a tough environment. Kap will get better. Manning will be out of the league in a year or two. I will always love Alex though!

I think Tenumi is the poster Cajun was talking about that he believed you guys would scare away. He was right! You insular freeman taco worshiping jnc sipping sconnies!

MechDX

Make that helmet in Texans colors so I can avatar bet MechDX first Texans/Colts game!

Already have a bet with HIto you monster!! Divisional solidarity is absolutely gone now!

BTW, I know I have a bet with someone from the Ravens gang here but I cant remember who. It wasn't Larry.

Colasante

Gata broke Mech's brain last time he won an avatar bet though. We might lose another one if the Pats somehow miraculously win.

No need to worry about that. Gata, you crazy. Bill's putting Amendola out in practice when he can barely walk and throwing to Edelman 20 times a game. It's clear he's already in Drowney for Clowney mode.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
BUTz1TXIEAAJ6vd.jpg:large

BUT1c24IYAAkR6Z.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom