• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Dottino just threw Darell Scott under the bus for Elis last interception. Says it was a hot read that he just blew.

He's also beyond pumped about Jacobs coming back.

Does Sanchez understand his situation at all?

All offseason, Sanchez has been talking like he has nothing to worry about. Does he get the severity of his situation, especially now that he's injured?

Dude still thinks his job is secure.

Probably figures he could always get a job with the Browns as a last resort.

Matthew Stafford is going to throw for 500 yards against AZ. They have a bad defense. They have giant gaps all over their secondary. The Rams left a lot of points on the field

jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif

Want to bet?

Well I hope you all enjoyed your laughs in Week 1 because the Mile High Massacre awoke a beast.

PGQOIrm.jpg

A raging monster set to reek havoc and destruction upon the NFL.

NRuDpEE.jpg

Are you ready NFL-Gaf?

xTUMjQN.jpg

Are you ready for the beast?

11beWEc.jpg

MechDX

MechDX, the Texans home opener is a "white out" with Vanilla Ice singing at half time?

BT5uASJCAAA1ct-.jpg:large
BT5UhzaCUAA00t8.jpg

YO VIP lets kick it!!

Yeah...I have no clue what they are thinking

But someone this season is getting this for a week:
mech.png

Got bets so far with HIto and someone from Ravens age (cant remember who)

Well I hope you all enjoyed your laughs in Week 1 because the Mile High Massacre awoke a beast.

I just hope the Browns can put up a somewhat kinda respectable showing. At least once they ditch Weeden for Campbell by the second half.

Still kinda wish I could scrape the money together to go on Sunday. Oh well.

squicken

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif[/im]

Want to bet?[/QUOTE]

No because I hope I am wrong. I want to think the Rams have a good offense and made a good defense look bad. But I just don't think that is the case

It's kind of like the Jets-Bucs game. I don't think Geno is on his way or they have righted the ship. I think they played a terrible Bucs team that will be awful all year. Not saying the Cards will be awful, but I think the Rams production was a function of bad defense more than good offense

Fox318

If the Jets manage to win this week they could be good enough to win the division. Look at their schedule:

@ New England
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
@ Atlanta
vs Pittsburgh
vs New England
@ Cincinnati
vs New Orleans
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
vs Miami
vs Oakland
@ Carolina
vs Cleveland
@ Miami

Lets say they split against the Patriots and go 1-1. The toughest teams that they will face this year are New Orleans and Atlanta. I don't think its that crazy to say that it is possible that the AFC North is week this year and they could sweep that division.

vs Tampa W
@ New England W
vs Buffalo W
@ Tennessee W
@ Atlanta L
vs Pittsburgh W
vs New England L
@ Cincinnati W
vs New Orleans L
@ Buffalo W
@ Baltimore W
vs Miami W
vs Oakland W
@ Carolina W
vs Cleveland W
@ Miami L

Defense has the ability to play up to that level but does the offense? I think the running game we will know tonight and vs the Bills but as long as the jets win the turnover battle they could be a 10+ win team.

Bowser

If the Jets manage to win this week they could be good enough to win the division. Look at their schedule:

@ New England
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
@ Atlanta
vs Pittsburgh
vs New England
@ Cincinnati
vs New Orleans
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
vs Miami
vs Oakland
@ Carolina
vs Cleveland
@ Miami

Lets say they split against the Patriots and go 1-1. The toughest teams that they will face this year are New Orleans and Atlanta. I don't think its that crazy to say that it is possible that the AFC North is week this year and they could sweep that division.

vs Tampa W
@ New England W
vs Buffalo W
@ Tennessee W
@ Atlanta L
vs Pittsburgh W
vs New England L
@ Cincinnati W
vs New Orleans L
@ Buffalo W
@ Baltimore W
vs Miami W
vs Oakland W
@ Carolina W
vs Cleveland W
@ Miami L

Defense has the ability to play up to that level but does the offense? I think the running game we will know tonight and vs the Bills but as long as the jets win the turnover battle they could be a 10+ win team.

lol Cam is gonna stomp all over that cheap imitation Geno

xnipx

@ New England
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
@ Atlanta
vs Pittsburgh
vs New England
@ Cincinnati
vs New Orleans
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
vs Miami
vs Oakland
@ Carolina
vs Cleveland
@ Miami

vs Tampa W
@ New England W
vs Buffalo W
@ Tennessee W
@ Atlanta L
vs Pittsburgh W
vs New England L
@ Cincinnati W
vs New Orleans L
@ Buffalo W
@ Baltimore W
vs Miami W
vs Oakland W
@ Carolina W
vs Cleveland W
@ Miami L

Baltimore Pittsburgh and cinci will all beat you. Carolina as well. You will more than likely split with the bills too.

I will bet anything especially that the ravens don't lose to the fucking jets and geno smith.

Dragon

Banned

@ New England
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
@ Atlanta
vs Pittsburgh
vs New England
@ Cincinnati
vs New Orleans
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
vs Miami
vs Oakland
@ Carolina
vs Cleveland
@ Miami

vs Tampa W
@ New England W
vs Buffalo W
@ Tennessee W
@ Atlanta L
vs Pittsburgh W
vs New England L
@ Cincinnati W
vs New Orleans L
@ Buffalo W
@ Baltimore W
vs Miami W
vs Oakland W
@ Carolina W
vs Cleveland W
@ Miami L

Man dat Jets fan optimism after being gifted a win. smh. Winning at Cincy and Baltimore and NE? Yeah you're higher than Rex Ryan.

Bowser

Do you really think Cam has the talent around him to win?

Yes. More so than Geno does IMO:

RB edge: Carolina
WR edge: Probably even, but slightly in Carolina's favor especially if Holmes isn't healthy
TE edge: Carolina (Olsen > corpse of Kellen Winslow)
OL edge: Probably Jets cause we have a bottom 5 OL

I think our defenses are comparable, probably even on D-line, edge to Panthers on LBs, edge to Jets on secondary

You guys barely beat beat a terrible Bucs team at home thanks to a personal foul penalty. Pump the breaks.

Fox318

Man dat Jets fan optimism after being gifted a win. smh. Winning at Cincy and Baltimore and NE? Yeah you're higher than Rex Ryan.

Cincy is tough to predict but they should win at Baltimore. They can stop Ray Rice and Flucco would be forced to win the game for them.

Dottino just threw Darell Scott under the bus for Elis last interception. Says it was a hot read that he just blew.

He's also beyond pumped about Jacobs coming back.
Scott injured his knee yesterday, too. Though it seems he's out there for practice today.

Baas has practiced the last two days and it looks like may be back for Sunday. Demontre Moore and Jayron Hosely are also practicing. Demontre could make his regular season debut against the Broncos.

Prince, however has not practiced the last two days. I hope he passes the concussion protocols and gets out there tomorrow. We need him for Sunday.
No Dan Connor either which means more Herzlich.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

@ New England
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
@ Atlanta
vs Pittsburgh
vs New England
@ Cincinnati
vs New Orleans
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
vs Miami
vs Oakland
@ Carolina
vs Cleveland
@ Miami

vs Tampa W
@ New England L
vs Buffalo L
@ Tennessee L
@ Atlanta L
vs Pittsburgh L
vs New England L
@ Cincinnati L
vs New Orleans L
@ Buffalo L
@ Baltimore L
vs Miami L
vs Oakland L
@ Carolina L
vs Cleveland L
@ Miami L

Fixed that for ya.

Scott injured his knee yesterday, too. Though it seems he's out there for practice today.

Baas has practiced the last two days and it looks like may be back for Sunday. Demontre Moore and Jayron Hosely are also practicing. Demontre could make his regular season debut against the Broncos.

Prince, however has not practiced the last two days. I hope he passes the concussion protocols and gets out there tomorrow. We need him for Sunday.
No Dan Connor either which means more Herzlich.
DaMonster and Holsey back is good, but I also gotta say Aaron Ross performed very well, PFF regarded his coverage on Bryant when it was 1-on-1 (3 times, 1 reception) as excellent. Hope he keeps it up.

More Herzlich? That's fine! Not like Giants are facing a team that likes to pass or has an athletic TE. Nope, no problem!

... oh god

linkboy

Matthew Stafford is going to throw for 500 yards against AZ. They have a bad defense. They have giant gaps all over their secondary. The Rams left a lot of points on the field

Dear god I hope so.

I'm taking an huge chance starting Stafford with Calvin and Bush on my team.

No because I hope I am wrong. I want to think the Rams have a good offense and made a good defense look bad. But I just don't think that is the case

It's kind of like the Jets-Bucs game. I don't think Geno is on his way or they have righted the ship. I think they played a terrible Bucs team that will be awful all year. Not saying the Cards will be awful, but I think the Rams production was a function of bad defense more than good offense

Our defense will get a serious boost when D Wash is back, Cook wouldn't have had half the game he did if he were in. Dansby was just too freakin slow to cut off the yardage. Even if Cook made the catches, Wash is probably the fastest ILB in the league and would have tackled him immediately instead of allowing all those yards after reception. Givens was taken completely out of the game. Cook is really the only guy that did shit on your offense as we also largely shut down your run game. So basically you're trying to generalize our whole D being shit because there was a single player we couldn't stop a player that would be largely covered by our suspended player who will be back after a few more games. It's premature to write off the D as bad. These first few weeks will look worse because the teams we play happen to have the type of player that can really capitalize with D Wash out. Cook with STL, Bush with DET, Graham with NO, and possibly Martin for the Bucs. It was certainly concerning how badly we missed D Wash but our D will improve.

This week, my only real concerns are Bush and our OL. Peterson kept Megatron scoreless last time we met and I expect him to improve each year. Not saying it will happen again, but if Minny can keep him out of the game, we sure as hell can too. Because Bush will have a much easier time with Wash out, they may keep exploiting him like they did last week. Our offense isn't as shit as Minny's even with the OL issues and so I think we can keep up if Bush is the only one really doing damage. That said, Cook was enough last week so we will see. If we do a lousy job covering Megatron this time, it will be rough and hard to win. I feel fairly confident we can take this game though.

DaMonster and Holsey back is good, but I also gotta say Aaron Ross performed very well, PFF regarded his coverage on Bryant when it was 1-on-1 (3 times, 1 reception) as excellent. Hope he keeps it up.

More Herzlich? That's fine! Not like Giants are facing a team that likes to pass or has an athletic TE. Nope, no problem!

... oh god
I could see Williams getting a bunch of snaps and sitting on Julius Thomas. Thomas would eat Dan Connor alive as he isn't much faster than Herzlich. The problem with Williams is that he likes to gamble for the ball too often and ends up eating turf while the tight end streaks up the seam or in the case of a running back he's covering - up the sideline. Considering he's our fastest LB though, it would be damned suicide to put Herzlich on Julius Thomas. The other option is you put a CB/Safety on the field in place of a linebacker as Perry is want to do. I could see T2 being that guy but then you've got to account for Welker in the slot, too. Not to mention the other Thomas on the outside and Decker on the other side as well.

Pick your poison.

@ New England
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
@ Atlanta
vs Pittsburgh
vs New England
@ Cincinnati
vs New Orleans
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
vs Miami
vs Oakland
@ Carolina
vs Cleveland
@ Miami

vs Tampa W
@ New England W
vs Buffalo W
@ Tennessee W
@ Atlanta L
vs Pittsburgh W
vs New England L
@ Cincinnati W
vs New Orleans L
@ Buffalo W
@ Baltimore W
vs Miami W
vs Oakland W
@ Carolina W
vs Cleveland W
@ Miami L

http://youtu.be/_Y3IoBocVZ4?t=30s

overcast

Thinking Ryan is going to pick us the hell apart. Really hoping the Dline comes through in a big way, cause that's the best way to stop them.

I hope the offense is more willing to take some risks. Throw some balls downfield for Christ sake.

squicken

13378261-mmmain17stu.jpg

2013 Brandon Weeden Report Card, Week 1: Breaking down every pass against the Dolphins

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/2013_brandon_weeden_report_car.html <-- There's 500+ comments haha

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Quarterback is the most important position in football and arguably the most important position in all of pro sports.

Of the quarterback's many responsibilities, throwing the ball is by far the most important -- especially in today's NFL. We're tracking the Cleveland Browns' passing plays for a second season. The objective is to search for clues/patterns/tendencies that can help explain why Brandon Weeden -- or, if the need arises, a sub -- performed the way he did

He made questionable decisions and/or held onto the ball too long. It is a continuation of what plagued him as a rookie. The best examples of each came on back-to-back plays with the Browns trailing by 10 midway through the fourth quarter.

On third-and-8 from the Cleveland 27, Miami&#8217;s defense was disorganized coming out of the huddle and stayed that way as Weeden surveyed the scene. (It was not a Rob Ryan-style UFO scheme because the defenders clearly scrambled to get into position after the snap.) Because of the confusion, Miami left the Browns&#8217; right side of the field wide-open at the second level. The Browns had multiple receivers on that side, but the best Weeden could do while under no pressure was a 6-yard completion to tight end Jordan Cameron. Browns fans booed.

On fourth-and-2 from the Cleveland 33, receiver Davone Bess went in motion from the right and flared out to the sticks. Weeden, in the shotgun, had Bees available for the first down if he released immediately. Instead, he took several steps before being engulfed by Miami end Cameron Wake for the dreaded fourth-down sack. Louder boos

Good point about Washington. But he's still out against DET. The Rams couldn't run all preseason so I wouldn't get too excited there. I'm curious if Mathieu will shadow Bush. I put my entire thoughts on the game in the other thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81431245&postcount=605

Not sure if that thread is dead or not.

You hit it on the nose, Cook abused Dansby which was my point, that wouldn't happen with Washington so as far as how good our defense is for the year, we won't be this bad. These first few weeks, sure. I already stated I think Bush will abuse us with Wash still out but we supposedly have some game plan for him. I still imagine we'll focus more on Megatron. Peterson relishes covering him and I believe Arians still said he was going to provide some help as well. It's going to be hard for DET to win if we largely take Megatron out of the game but they have an outside chance if their defense can cause havoc. As you stated, Palmer started breaking down a little at the end of the game. We had the game in our pocket and it all fell apart in the fourth quarter. Although we drafted Badger with FS in mind, he's been used primarily as a nickel in training camp and then last week. I think he will indeed be used to help with Bush. My one huge concern for our D is the lack of pass rush. I was hoping Abraham would give us a boost but he was only used for 20 snaps. Arians said he should be around 30 for this game. I'm not sure why they are hell bent on using him situationally, we don't have someone better on that side and the guy produced 10 sacks last year with the Falcons.

squicken

Squicken really hates Brandon Weeden.

I thought he looked good in the preseason, and thought he would be a good fit with Norv. It's really more I want to know where I erred. fwiw I like Weeden and hope the Browns go 15-1

But like the aliens, I am a big Luck fan

808201080s3beg.png

ShaneB

seattle_seahawks_mascot-10115.jpg

I’ve decided to join Seahawks-gaf!

There are still a bunch of teams with rich history and great franchises that I’ll continue having respect for and would have no problems seeing win Super Bowls, but I’ve just been drawn to the Seahawks. The Packers are a close second, and I’ll admire the passionate fans in Green Bay, and I wish I could have been more drawn to a colder climate team, but the Seahawks look to be a fun franchise to follow, with a beautiful open stadium, and a badass logo.

Part of the appeal as well is knowing the Seahawks have never won a Super Bowl, and part of me will always want to see a team win their first Super Bowl, so I wonder if I’ll always stay a bit of a casual fan in that regard, enjoying seeing a struggling team/city finally make progress to getting their first championship. All the respect in the world to you Bills fans, but man that must be torture =(

and yes, tonight's game, please end in a tie. That would at least keep either team from winning.

dkeane

Severe thunderstorm watch around Foxboro until 10pm tonight.
Would be hilarious if another Thursday night game got delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom