• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

seattle_seahawks_mascot-10115.jpg

I’ve decided to join Seahawks-gaf!

There are still a bunch of teams with rich history and great franchises that I’ll continue having respect for and would have no problems seeing win Super Bowls, but I’ve just been drawn to the Seahawks. The Packers are a close second, and I’ll admire the passionate fans in Green Bay, and I wish I could have been more drawn to a colder climate team, but the Seahawks look to be a fun franchise to follow, with a beautiful open stadium, and a badass logo.

Part of the appeal as well is knowing the Seahawks have never won a Super Bowl, and part of me will always want to see a team win their first Super Bowl, so I wonder if I’ll always stay a bit of a casual fan in that regard, enjoying seeing a struggling team/city finally make progress to getting their first championship. All the respect in the world to you Bills fans, but man that must be torture =(

and yes, tonight's game, please end in a tie. That would at least keep either team from winning.

kill yourself pls

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shane I forget don't you live in BC anyways? Or is it you just love the Canucks? I forget.

Seattle probably makes the most sense for you anyways if that's the case.

Also obligatory fuck the Bills before anyone else tries to use my words against me.

ShaneB

Shane I forget don't you live in BC anyways? Or is it you just love the Canucks? I forget.

Also obligatory fuck the Bills before anyone else tries to use my words against me.

Nah, I'm currently in Toronto (hate the city really), and originally grew up in Labrador, on the east coast. So, I really have no regional affiliation to anything. edt: and not a Canucks fan per se, but am fine with seeing them do well :p

kill yourself pls

:(

Fox318

Kave_Man is the Canadian Alligatorjandro.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nah, I'm currently in Toronto (hate the city really), and originally grew up in Labrador, on the east coast. So, I really have no regional affiliation to anything.

Well...as long as you didn't pick the Bills it's okay then.

You should come out to some Toronto-GAF meetups. A few of us from Leafs-GAF usually end up going.

Kave_Man is the Canadian Alligatorjandro.

Don't ever associate me with that thing.

Bowser

Kave did it the right way, he glommed on to a downtrodden team.

This Shane guy is jumping on to the latest bandwagon SB pick...Seattle or Green Bay?

qQbpwWs.jpg

lol at a Cleveland LeBron jersey...this thing needs to be updated

LevelNth

Banned
It's completely arbitrary, but I have three rules that must be followed in order in regards to an adult male choosing their sports team of choice:

1. Hometown team. If a team exists in the city you reside (or are fairly close to), you must choose that team.

2. If no hometown team exists, then it must be a team you followed as a child. Exception can be made to rule 1 if you followed a certain team as a child then moved to another with a hometown team as an adult.

3. If did not ever follow a team as a child, and no hometown team exists in your city, you must make your choice of any team currently residing in the bottom 25% of the league in the previous season.

These rules make no sense and are completely pointless, and they mean everything.

Colasante

21-20 Patriots victory tonight. I could very easily see the Jets winning. Wilkerson and Richardson are going to give the interior of the line a lot of trouble, and I could see Cromartie shutting down Thompkins and Kyle Wilson effectively covering Edelman in the slot. Even if Ridley gets a full workload, I don't see an easy day running against the Jets' defense.

I don't have a lot of hope for the Jets' offense, especially with Kerley out. I think Winslow will consistently beat our linebackers and could score a touchdown or two. The defense needs to be more aggressive than it was against the Bills last week and force Smith into making mistakes. Should be a very close game.

It's completely arbitrary, but I have three rules that must be followed in order in regards to an adult male choosing their sports team of choice:

1. Hometown team. If a team exists in the city you reside (or are fairly close to), you must choose that team.

2. If no hometown team exists, then it must be a team you followed as a child. Exception can be made to rule 1 if you followed a certain team as a child then moved to another with a hometown team as an adult.

3. If did not ever follow a team as a child, and no hometown team exists in your city, you must make your choice of any team currently residing in the bottom 25% of the league in the previous season.

These rules make no sense and are completely pointless, and they mean everything.

Funny how Gata fails all three rules.

ShaneB

Kave did it the right way, he glommed on to a downtrodden team.

This Shane guy is jumping on to the latest bandwagon SB pick...Seattle or Green Bay?

It's a lose/lose either way is it not? I pick a good team and I'm a bandwagoner, or I pick a terrible team and I'm a glutton for punishment. *shrug*

Well...as long as you didn't pick the Bills it's okay then.

You should come out to some Toronto-GAF meetups. A few of us from Leafs-GAF usually end up going.

I should, but I'm shy :p edit: that and I hate going downtown to some of those meeting places. lol

Bowser

21-20 Patriots victory tonight. I could very easily see the Jets winning. Wilkerson and Richardson are going to give the interior of the line a lot of trouble, and I could see Cromartie shutting down Thompkins and Kyle Wilson effectively covering Edelman in the slot. Even if Ridley gets a full workload, I don't see an easy day running against the Jets' defense.

I don't have a lot of hope for the Jets' offense, especially with Kerley out. I think Winslow will consistently beat our linebackers and could score a touchdown or two. The defense needs to be more aggressive than it was against the Bills last week and force Smith into making mistakes. Should be a very close game.

lololol

There are still a bunch of teams with rich history and great franchises that I’ll continue having respect for and would have no problems seeing win Super Bowls, but I’ve just been drawn to the Seahawks. The Packers are a close second, and I’ll admire the passionate fans in Green Bay, and I wish I could have been more drawn to a colder climate team, but the Seahawks look to be a fun franchise to follow, with a beautiful open stadium, and a badass logo.

Part of the appeal as well is knowing the Seahawks have never won a Super Bowl, and part of me will always want to see a team win their first Super Bowl, so I wonder if I’ll always stay a bit of a casual fan in that regard, enjoying seeing a struggling team/city finally make progress to getting their first championship. All the respect in the world to you Bills fans, but man that must be torture =(

and yes, tonight's game, please end in a tie. That would at least keep either team from winning.

What a shame

Agree with this for the most part. But on #3, I think I'd rather expand the regional area rather than have a 25% bottom of the league rule.

Toronto Shane needs to be a Bills fan. Hell, the Bills will be moving there soon enough anyway.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I think my Jets can stay competitive tonight, but I don't see a win in the cards. This could be one of those games with a lot of punting.

Colasante

Yeah dude you got it backwards.

Wilson should be on Thompkins because they're both scrubs.

Thompkins is the primary X receiver. If they put Wilson on him, Thompkins would have no problem getting open and catching deep passes, regardless of how he performed last week. They could put Milliner on him in press coverage and force Thompkins to beat coverage that way, which would allow Cromartie to eliminate Edelman. I just think Wilson is an effective enough slot corner that he could hold his own against Edelman. If it was Welker or Amendola in the slot, Wilson would probably get torched, but I don't think Edelman is as uncoverable as they are. I'll be very interested to see how Ryan chooses to defend the Patriots' receivers.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Agree with this for the most part. But on #3, I think I'd rather expand the regional area rather than have a 25% bottom of the league rule.

Toronto Shane needs to be a Bills fan. Hell, the Bills will be moving there soon enough anyway.

Toronto doesn't want those losers in our city.

We have enough losers as it is.

Godslay

Banned
Who gives a shit? Let him pick the team he wants to root for. Seahawks haven't won shit yet, so there is no true bandwagon. They are a good team, but let's not act like they've really ever done anything. One could even say that the Browns are a more successful franchise historically.

Peyton's pass chart vs BAL

Nice charts good to see some shots downfield in the 20+ yard territory.

Should have came to the darkside bro, but at least you didn't pick the Broncos or Pats, so we can still be friends.

squicken

Who gives a shit? Let him pick the team he wants to root for. Seahawks haven't won shit yet, so there is no true bandwagon. They are a good team, but let's not act like they've really ever done anything. One could even say that the Browns are a more successful franchise historically.

Nice charts good to see some shots downfield in the 20+ yard territory.

They have such a great mix or WRs. D Thomas threatens any defense anywhere, but especially deep and outside the numbers. J Thomas is a vertical threat up the seam. Welker can clean up underneath, and Decker can drop all the passes that Welker doesn't

Running game is a concern, but really, it doesn't matter too much. Need a RB that falls forward, doesn't fumble, and can pass protect

Godslay

Banned
They have such a great mix or WRs. D Thomas threatens any defense anywhere, but especially deep and outside the numbers. J Thomas is a vertical threat up the seam. Welker can clean up underneath, and Decker can drop all the passes that Welker doesn't

Running game is a concern, but really, it doesn't matter too much. Need a RB that falls forward, doesn't fumble, and can pass protect

Agreed. Decker will get better :)

I also like Caldwell for the vertical burner threat. That TD against Baltimore was a good example of his speed vertically. Peyton is good for ~35-40 with those plays. Don't think he can get much more than that.

I absolutely believe in Montee Ball. Just like Julius Thomas, he needs time to perfect his blocking and know how on the field. That just comes with playing time, and experience. They'll get it. Montee is always mentioned as pushing himself and working hard, so I think he'll come around like most suspect in 6 or so games. If he does, watch out, the only thing to stop this offense is to keep them off the field or force turnovers.

Now I'll get off my :kas soap box.

Bowser

It's a lose/lose either way is it not? I pick a good team and I'm a bandwagoner, or I pick a terrible team and I'm a glutton for punishment. *shrug*

You could pick a middle of the pack team that may or may not be on the verge of a breakout, examples being:

Chiefs
Dolphins
Bengals
Lions
Rams
Panthers (I hate you Ron ;_;)

Going straight for a trendy SB pick is bandwagoning 101

cdyhybrid

You've made the right choice. Welcome to the party!

Go Hawks

Harbs is a bitch

Godslay

Banned
I also forgot about CJ Anderson Squicken.

He's somewhat cut from the same mold as MJD, 5'8 224, but bigger. I think this guy will turn some heads if he gets playing time. He's a dark horse at the bottom of the depth chart, but they held onto him for a reason. I think he's the purest runner out of the bunch. I'm really excited for him. Maybe he'll pop, maybe he won't, but I hope he gets a shot.

ShaneB

Who gives a shit? Let him pick the team he wants to root for. Seahawks haven't won shit yet, so there is no true bandwagon. They are a good team, but let's not act like they've really ever done anything. One could even say that the Browns are a more successful franchise historically

Exactly. The Seahawks could become known as playoff chokers.. :(

Should have came to the darkside bro, but at least you didn't pick the Broncos or Pats, so we can still be friends.

Yeah, fuck the Pats. And Meh to the Broncos :p

You could pick a middle of the pack team that may or may not be on the verge of a breakout, examples being:

Chiefs
Dolphins
Bengals
Lions
Rams
Panthers (I hate you Ron ;_;)

Going straight for a trendy SB pick is bandwagoning 101

I don't have much interest in those teams though *shrug*

You've made the right choice. Welcome to the party!

Go Hawks

Harbs is a bitch

Thank you Sir!

squicken

I also forgot about CJ Anderson Squicken.

He's somewhat cut from the same mold as MJD, 5'8 224, but bigger. I think this guy will turn some heads if he gets playing time. He's a dark horse at the bottom of the depth chart, but they held onto him for a reason. I think he's the purest runner out of the bunch. I'm really excited for him. Maybe he'll pop, maybe he won't, but I hope he gets a shot.

The problem is there's no learning on the job when it comes to pass pro. Peyton isn't Eli where he can sidestep those free rushers. He got planted a couple of times b/c of missed pick-ups in that Ravens games. Maybe get big leads and let them learn while Ortwaller is out there?

bionic77

Who wins more games. Jets, Steelers or for that matter that Pats?
Jets win the least. I will guarantee that.

Neither Steelers or Pats are good (Steelers looking even worse) but I really don't know between these two, would lean towards the Pats but I would hope I am wrong and they burn.

To me the Jets fans sudden optimism after looking like shit against a shit team with no real qb going (and only winning because the Bucs literally handed the game to them) is the funniest thing after week one. Bills and Miami look much better. Expect the Jets to finish dead last in their division.

Exactly. The Seahawks could become known as playoff chokers.. :(

Exactly the point. The Seahawks have a good chance of making the playoffs. 20 out of the 32 teams will not make it. This is the definition of a bandwagon.

The playoffs are a crapshoot anyway. Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl. Joe. Flacco.

Bowser

Ponder for Freeman

Who gets the worst end of that deal?

Bucs and it's not even close...Freeman's actually been successful at some point in this league and has the physical tools. Ponder's got a noodle arm. I'd love for the Bucs to have Ponder in at QB, would make their offense even more impotent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom