• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
The problem is there's no learning on the job when it comes to pass pro. Peyton isn't Eli where he can sidestep those free rushers. He got planted a couple of times b/c of missed pick-ups in that Ravens games. Maybe get big leads and let them learn while Ortwaller is out there?

They keep putting both of those guys out there so I suspect that they think they need to see live bullets. Hopefully it works out when they are in, and Montee knows protection is priority number 1. He's getting better imo, in just a short time span. But he pretty much has to be perfect. Moreno will still be the go to though, until Montee is fully there.

cdyhybrid

Exactly. The Seahawks could become known as playoff chokers.. :(

Yeah, fuck the Pats. And Meh to the Broncos :p

I don't have much interest in those teams though *shrug*

Thank you Sir!

Don't let the haters get you down. These same people let squicken, Tabris, all of Redskins-Age post-IRG3, and Gata hang around, so they obviously don't care about bandwagoners :p

squicken

Bucs and it's not even close...Freeman's actually been successful at some point in this league and has the physical tools. Ponder's got a noodle arm. I'd love for the Bucs to have Ponder in at QB, would make their offense even more impotent.

Yeah I agree. It sucks to hear Freeman doesn't really give a shit, but Ponder is just physically unable to play the position. It's not even the noodle arm. He just looked so erratic vs DET

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So brave. Picking a team that is highly favored to make it at least to the NFC Championship and by many to get to the Super Bowl.

Can't nobody say Bills fans are bandwagon jumpers.

Godslay

Banned
Them too. At least they made the playoffs this year.

Thanks cdyhybrid for reminding me of Tabris and how he doesn't get half as much shit even though he's a true bandwagoner.

If that bandwagon is a Manning. I think he's a straight shooter, he's never said otherwise.

Dragon

Banned
If that bandwagon is a Manning. I think he's a straight shooter, he's never said otherwise.

Let's be real here. Guy is a Manning troll and the only reason you tolerate him is because your QB is Peyton Manning. He's basically Lunchbox for all intents and purposes.

Dragon

Banned
I think one of the most bandwagon'd teams is the Steelers. Those motherfuckers are everywhere, there cant be that many people from Pittsburgh.

PIttsburgh is smaller than Aurora, Colorado. But a ton of people that didn't have NFL teams tended to follow them, Charlotte was split in my experience between the Redskins and Steelers as far as older fans go.

MechDX

I think one of the most bandwagon'd teams is the Steelers. Those motherfuckers are everywhere, there cant be that many people from Pittsburgh.

The Steelers have a long storied history of success. Unlike some other team who just got good the past 10-11 years after sucking ass for 40 years

Seanspeed

Banned
seattle_seahawks_mascot-10115.jpg

I’ve decided to join Seahawks-gaf!

There are still a bunch of teams with rich history and great franchises that I’ll continue having respect for and would have no problems seeing win Super Bowls, but I’ve just been drawn to the Seahawks. The Packers are a close second, and I’ll admire the passionate fans in Green Bay, and I wish I could have been more drawn to a colder climate team, but the Seahawks look to be a fun franchise to follow, with a beautiful open stadium, and a badass logo.

Part of the appeal as well is knowing the Seahawks have never won a Super Bowl, and part of me will always want to see a team win their first Super Bowl, so I wonder if I’ll always stay a bit of a casual fan in that regard, enjoying seeing a struggling team/city finally make progress to getting their first championship. All the respect in the world to you Bills fans, but man that must be torture =(

and yes, tonight's game, please end in a tie. That would at least keep either team from winning.

Yup, Seahawks are such underdogs. ;)

The Steelers have a long storied history of success. Unlike some other team who just got good the past 10-11 years after sucking ass for 40 years
Well exactly. People have been bandwagoning the Steelers for longer than most others.

cdyhybrid

My dad is a Steelers fan, but he grew up in Hawaii, where there's obviously no team. This was back in the 70s, so I assume he picked the Steelers because the fact that they were really good back then meant they were on national TV the most, so he ended up watching more of their games than anyone else.

Dragon

Banned
Bucs easily. Was just talking about this in regards to Ponder and Gabbert. Tebow doesn't have a job but I would certainly take him over those two. At least he wasn't a turnover machine.

I wouldn't take Tebow over any QB in the NFL. Yes that includes Blaine Gabbert!

Godslay

Banned
Let's be real here. Guy is a Manning troll and the only reason you tolerate him is because your QB is Peyton Manning. He's basically Lunchbox for all intents and purposes.

I've known him prior to Manning being the QB. I welcomed him to the Broncos and I'll stand by the fact he's a straight shooter. He just has a special way of irritating Pats fans.

jakncoke

Banned

That and a ton of Pittsburgh residents became displaced when the steel industry died. 676k people in 1950 to 306k today. Created a lot of Steeler fan cells across the country

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Loser bros always stick together.

Werd
There hasnt been a new Bills fan in 17 years. The average age of a Bills fan is 38.4.

Typical Pats. Being proud of the fact that their entire fan base started in 2001. That's not a good thing, you stupid woman's purse

Funny thing is, he probably would be rooting for the Bills if they had moved to Toronto!

Traitors will be dealt with. Kave is their leader and he will be first against the wall

ShaneB

He said he hates Toronto so I doubt it

Correct sir, I think about moving out of the city constantly, so other than the Blue Jays, which I guess are "Canada's Team", my sporting interest in Toronto's teams is next to nil.

I just want to get along with folks :( I like a bunch of teams, but decided to go full in as a Seahawks fan. Oh well.

We are up there but the Cowboys have the most bandwagon fans. No one else is close.

I dunno, it's hard to tell. For a long, long time, the Cowboys were the only NFL team in Texas, and that's a huge state. And their reach extended into other states like Oklahoma and Arkansas. There's a huge population of legitimate Cowboys fans.

The Steelers, on the other hand, are surrounded by other NFL teams. Eagles in Eastern PA, Browns and Bengals in Ohio, Bills in upstate NY, Redskins and Ravens to the southeast. Their geographic area isn't nearly what the Cowboys have.

To me, Steeler Nation and Packer Naton have always seemed the most disproportionate to their geographic areas. Cowboy Nation is huge, but I think it's somewhat more legit.

MechDX

Ponder and Gabbert can throw the ball? Fooled me. They suck. If 3 people are going to suck I'm taking the one that turns over the ball far less.

Yeah then defenses stack the box with 10 guys and tell one CB to go into the defensive backfield and feign interest

squicken

Ponder and Gabbert can throw the ball? Fooled me. They suck. If 3 people are going to suck I'm taking the one that turns over the ball far less.

I would take Tebow as well. Create an offense that is almost all run based with occasional shot plays. A good coach could win more games with him than the other two

bionic77

I dunno, it's hard to tell. For a long, long time, the Cowboys were the only NFL team in Texas, and that's a huge state. And their reach extended into other states like Oklahoma and Arkansas. There's a huge population of legitimate Cowboys fans.

The Steelers, on the other hand, are surrounded by other NFL teams. Eagles in Eastern PA, Browns and Bengals in Ohio, Bills in upstate NY, Redskins and Ravens to the southeast. Their geographic area isn't nearly what the Cowboys have.

To me, Steeler Nation and Packer Naton have always seemed the most disproportionate to their geographic areas. Cowboy Nation is huge, but I think it's somewhat more legit.
There are a shit load of Cowboy fans on the East Coast who have no connections to Texas or the Midwest. Definition of bandwagonering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom