• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

FQr8x85.jpg

Damn, where can i buy those comforters? Is that your house?

MechDX

Speeding tickets, smoking the weed....need to draft some good kids to rectify this. I would recommend some nice Wisconsin boys. A & M just seems to produce idiots and douchebags.

Syrinx

I hope the Seahawks win every game now, just to see a whole bunch of posters reluctantly and miserably accept Hito's avatars. Except when they play the Bucs, that's just business.

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-defenses-ours-is-better?campaign=Twitter_atl

Tennessee Titans' defense talked tough after their physical Week 1 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Titans take on another playoff contender in the Houston Texans this week.

Running back Arian Foster responded succinctly when asked about the difference between the Texans and Titans' defenses.

"Ours is better," Foster said, per ESPN.com.

Visiting a couple Titans forums you think they just beat the 85 Bears last week. Players and fans talking mad shit

I am weak.

I am a husk of a man without my beloved.

Fate has kept her from me but soon she shall be mine. And I shall take her in my arms and we shall embrace.

5 days

MechDX

Dumb fucks gonna dumb fuck

Seriously, quick sample:

Speaking of blueprints, it is easy to see what the Texans want to do. Defensively they are going to blitz and try to force you to beat them with the pass. Offensively they are, well not great. As long as you can have a CB anywhere near Andre Johnson, and actually finish tackles on the RBs then the Texans are a VERY beatable team.

Titans

-Tennessee’s defense was outstanding. The Titan essentially shut the Steelers down when they wanted to and how they wanted to.

Got damn! Send a memo to the league! "How to stop an ALL PRO WR!"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Avatar bet that lasts until the next niners chickens game
Already have one with Duff!

I hope the Seahawks win every game now, just to see a whole bunch of posters reluctantly and miserably accept Hito's avatars. Except when they play the Bucs, that's just business.
You know, I don't have to be the only one putting in the effort. Just think, in half a week Bowser's av will already be gone and the Seahawks won't be around to restore it! Other teams have to pick up the slack.

squicken

Matthew Stafford is going to throw for 500 yards against AZ. They have a bad defense. They have giant gaps all over their secondary. The Rams left a lot of points on the field

Does Sanchez understand his situation at all?

All offseason, Sanchez has been talking like he has nothing to worry about. Does he get the severity of his situation, especially now that he's injured?

Dude still thinks his job is secure.

I love watching Tannehill's development. He seems to be coming along not only as a player, but as a leader as well.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-not-going-to-force-wallace-the-football.html
First, there was a moment when left guard Richie Incognito did what he sometimes does and got into debate shall we say with an opposing lineman. It had the potential to lead to pushing and shoving and a flag.

Tannehill stopped it by telling Incognito, an older player, to get back to the huddle.

"Yeah, he got into it a little bit," Tannehill said. "That’s my job on the field, to keep my guys focused on what we’re trying to do, which is go down and score. Obviously, football is an intense game, there’s a lot of emotion. Guys are going to get into it here and there but when its sidetracking us from what we’re trying to do, we ‘ve just got to focus, lock in and get ready for the next play."

Tannehill was a little harsher with receiver Rishard Matthews. The second-year receiver was getting hot and arguing with a Cleveland defender in the second half when Tannehill seemingly had enough and cursed out his teammate while demanding he get off the field.

The words were heard on television.

And off the field Matthews went.

"I forget what yard line we were on, but if we get a 15 yard penalty right there, it’s a long field goal and if we kick that field goal right there we put it at 13 points, a two touchdown game," Tannehill said. "We really didn’t need a dumb penalty right there and I just tried to get him off the field the best way I could."
So far it's hard to find anything not to like about this guy. He is really coming along well.

RBH

gol15.jpg

Embattled quarterback Josh Freeman did not show up last week for the team photo of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that Freeman was late and did not participate in the annual team photo, which was held a few days before Tampa Bay players voted for team captains.

Freeman was not selected, despite having been a team captain since 2010.

When asked to comment on his absence from the team photo, Freeman responded with a text message to the Tribune: “You know I can’t do Buc non-sanctioned interviews.’’

Freeman, a first-round draft pick out of Kansas State in 2009, is in the final year of his rookie contract. He played poorly down the stretch last year as the Bucs lost five of their final six games to finish 7-9 after a 6-4 start.

In Sunday’s 18-17 loss to the Jets in the season opener, Freeman completed only 15 of 31 pass attempts and threw a second-quarter interception that blunted Tampa Bay’s momentum.

It’s not the first time Freeman was late to a function.

In June, Freeman was late on the first day of his football camp for kids at Wesley Chapel High School. Wide receiver Vincent Jackson filled in for Freeman, who said his absence was due to car trouble.

The 25-year-old Freeman is 24-33 as a starter for the Buccaneers, who face New Orleans in Sunday’s home opener.

Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano flatly denied on Wednesday a story on the Pro Football Talk website suggesting votes to determine the team captains might have been manipulated.

“That story is 100 percent inaccurate,’’ said Schiano, who acknowledged he tabulated the votes by Tampa Bay players last week.

Jackson and guard Davin Joseph were elected offensive team captains over quarterback Freeman, who had worn a “C’’ since his breakthrough 2010 season, when he led the Bucs to a 10-6 mark in his first full season as a starter.

According to Pro Football Talk, a league source said questions about the legitimacy of the vote came up at a players-only meeting in the days before the loss to the Jets.
http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/freeman-misses-buccaneers-annual-team-photo-20130911/

Wow at the Titans acting like they won a Super Bowl. Do they not understand that the steelers suck? I suspect them to get their shit pushed in so far this week that they choke on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom