• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my 3 picks in my huge money Survival League are currently Denver, Atlanta, and Cinci. Thoughts? Any doubts about those teams winning?

overcast

I started following the Rams during the Super Bowl in 99. I was 6 years old though. So I've suffered my whole real life.

So my lfelong status is unquestionable.

OnPoint

I dont think the Bills will be that bad this year.

I want you to be right. I feel like they could have beat a very out of sorts Pats team last week if they could have stopped beating themselves, but I didn't think that was indicative of the whole season. They're a young team and have a lot of potential, but I feel like there are going to be a lot of growing pains this year.

I'd say Baltimore at home over Cleveland is safer than putting any faith in the Bungles, even against the Steelers.

I look at it as they are playing in Cinci, Steelers are garbo and lost their C and the Bengals have a good D. Bengels aren't a bad team. Not to mention the Bengals lost last week so they will be hungry for that first win. Steelers want it to but they won't get it. The only thing that makes me hesitate in the slightest is that it's a division game.

Bowser

Article from Deadspin questioning whether Kerry Rhodes has been blacklisted from the NFL: http://deadspin.com/is-the-nfl-blacklisting-kerry-rhodes-1300128496

Interesting stuff. I hope it isn't the case, but there aren't a lot of reasons I can see for the lack of interest in him otherwise.

Not about the Rhodes thing, but this is amazing:

Emmitt Smith's Lock of the Week

"I'm hardly what you call a 'Vegas procrastinator,' but making these predilections can be fun! So this week, I think the New York Jets (+11.5) will masturbate the ball down the feel against the Patriots and make this a very close game! WHAT A CLASSIC CAVALRY. I know that Foxfire can be a very intimating place to play, but I love what Rex Ryan has done with Geno Smith. When I look at a Geno Smith, I see a young man with VIBRALITY and RECTUMTUDE. That will serve the Jets well as they transgender away from Mark Sanchez and run more of a Hagrid offense."

lololol

If the Jets manage to win this week they could be good enough to win the division. Look at their schedule:

@ New England
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
@ Atlanta
vs Pittsburgh
vs New England
@ Cincinnati
vs New Orleans
@ Buffalo
@ Baltimore
vs Miami
vs Oakland
@ Carolina
vs Cleveland
@ Miami

Lets say they split against the Patriots and go 1-1. The toughest teams that they will face this year are New Orleans and Atlanta. I don't think its that crazy to say that it is possible that the AFC North is week this year and they could sweep that division.

vs Tampa W
@ New England W
vs Buffalo W
@ Tennessee W
@ Atlanta L
vs Pittsburgh W
vs New England L
@ Cincinnati W
vs New Orleans L
@ Buffalo W
@ Baltimore W
vs Miami W
vs Oakland W
@ Carolina W
vs Cleveland W
@ Miami L

Defense has the ability to play up to that level but does the offense? I think the running game we will know tonight and vs the Bills but as long as the jets win the turnover battle they could be a 10+ win team.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mindlog

Schiano is officially throwing Josh under the bus:
k3uf1Y3.jpg

Go to sleep. It will all be over soon. Don't fight it.

Miguel

Seriously, quick sample:
Speaking of blueprints, it is easy to see what the Texans want to do. Defensively they are going to blitz and try to force you to beat them with the pass. Offensively they are, well not great. As long as you can have a CB anywhere near Andre Johnson, and actually finish tackles on the RBs then the Texans are a VERY beatable team.

Titans

-Tennessee’s defense was outstanding. The Titan essentially shut the Steelers down when they wanted to and how they wanted to.

Got damn! Send a memo to the league! "How to stop an ALL PRO WR!"

Houston-Texans-Andre-Johnson-Corltan-Finnegan-Tennessee-Titans-AFC-South.jpg

Bowser

Hey Bowser,

Did that Panther fan ever finish those iOS 7 versions of the team schedule wallpapers?

RBH actually asked about this, but turns out he was only doing the Panthers this year - the iOS 7 style schedules apparently are a lot more work than the ones he did last year. Sorry :/

Here's the finished Panthers one (iPhone 5) for any Panthers fans that want it:

cajunator

Banned
RBH actually asked about this, but turns out he was only doing the Panthers this year - the iOS 7 style schedules apparently are a lot more work than the ones he did last year. Sorry :/

Your avatar is cute ^^

tmdorsey

Damn ok.

Can't watch the game tonight, have to get up early for an important class and watching the game would mean pretty much no sleep. Hope the game plays out like the last time I couldn't watch the Jets game, but I'm not counting on it. Gonna be a close one, hopefully a good one.

Go Pats.

Fuck the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom