• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

It's the Jets vs. Patriots week. Whoever wins, we hate slightly more.

I would like to see Miami still try to get a run game going, but that rush attack was beyond embarrassing on Sunday. There's no way that it could be that bad again, right? I mean, that was historically bad.

Greg

Heh, thanks for the reply! In my first post in the preseason thread, I explained a bit more, and discussed a few teams I don't particularly like, the Giants being one of those teams. My apologies kind sir :)
I would recommend watching a season to get a feel for the teams, but if you are a classy individual you can just choose the Packers now.

vikki

So no Vereen, no Danny, no Dobson, no Gronk, no Sudfeld.

Who would have thought the Jets would go 2-0.

We can pray that some of the fresh faces we'll see will be alright? And that Ridley can hold onto the ball. And that our D helps the O score some points again.

I'm not saying things look good, but they didn't last week either.

Dragon

Banned
I don't think the defense played poorly at all, besides the blown coverage on the Woods' touchdown and what seemed to be a miscommunication between McCourty and Arrington on Johnson's touchdown. The lack of a pass rush was very concerning, but I think part of that was on how well Manuel played and his ability to get the ball out quickly.

With how pathetic the offense looked, I just question if playing not poorly is going to work going forward. The defense may have to be awesome.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I would recommend watching a season to get a feel for the teams, but if you are a classy individual you can just choose the Packers now.

ip6WbiS8fZ7oh.gif

Can't wait to beat the Patriots on Thursday.

My whole week will be made if we can beat them, even if they're potentially missing Vereen/Sudfield/Gronkowski. Allegedly they might miss Amendola too...but I'm sure that's Belicheat with a false injury report and he'll magically find what it takes to play on Thursday night.

I hope Quinton Coples comes back on Thursday night so that Brady could eat turf.

Dragon

Banned
Can't wait to beat the Patriots on Thursday.

My whole week will be made if we can beat them, even if they're potentially missing Vereen/Sudfield/Gronkowski. Allegedly they might miss Amendola too...but I'm sure that's Belicheat with a false injury report and he'll magically find what it takes to play on Thursday night.

I hope Quinton Coples comes back on Thursday night so that Brady could eat turf.

Jets fans having optimism after that win? What's wrong with the world?

bionic77

Can't comment since I didn't see it and stats are not something bionic supports out of context. But I can't tell you how wonderful this comment makes me feel. It's like building a computer and turning it on and having it post the first time. Warm and fuzzy.
To that, all I have to say is get fucked you filthy Patriot fan.

I am not going to say that the season is over despite an incredibly pathetic performance, but we were unable to adjust to losing our center 3 minutes into the game and the fumbles and mistakes put the final nail in the coffin. It sucks because the offense looked great in week 3 for the first half and now everything is being thrown in the toilet because our beautiful porcelain figure, who also doubles as our pro-bowl center, is out for the season. The guy we signed to replace him is supposed to be really good, but I imagine it will take at least 2 weeks for the line to get on the same page.

Situations like this are where great coaches shine because they will adapt and find a way to make it work for the next weeks game. Which means we are really fucked for Monday Night unless the Bungles choke worse than Tampa Bay (a possibility for sure).

The only silver lining is that at least this happened in week 1 and there were some decent players lying around.

gutshot

I dont believe in jinxes at all. I also dont think I am being pessimistic at all. It was an exciting win but it was against a severally gimped QB. He couldnt plant on his front foot and had no zip on his passes. He the only deep ball RGIII completed all night was that horrible wobbly pass that Chung camped under but picked the wrong spot. I am seriously worried about what Rivers is going to do. He destroyed the Texans for a half last night and they are supposed to have a great defense. If the Eagles come out and actually beat the Chargers I will feel much better about things.

The Chargers are traveling cross-country on a short week. And they are not a very good football team. Yeah, they started out hot but ended up losing the game because, well, they're not a very good football team. Rivers is a decent QB but what other offensive weapons do they have that scare you? The Eagles should and will be favored in this game.

ShaneB

Well I mean I've been a long casual watcher of football, so there are definitely teams I like and dislike and am familiar with personalities/players/etc, and the Packers could be included in a list of teams I like, so there's that.

One nitpicky criteria I have is that I refuse to love a team that has an indoor stadium. It just doesn't seem right. I love football as an outdoor sport, dealing with the elements, I always remember the snow games.

rando14

Well I mean I've been a long casual watcher of football, so there are definitely teams I like and dislike and am familiar with personalities/players/etc, and the Packers could be included in a list of teams I like, so there's that.

One nitpicky criteria I have is that I refuse to love a team that has an indoor stadium. It just doesn't seem right. I love football as an outdoor sport, dealing with the elements, I always remember the snow games.

Choose the Hawks, friend! We've got an awesome outdoor stadium, plus Hawks Gaf is the nicest group in the thread. :^)

The Chargers are traveling cross-country on a short week. And they are not a very good football team. Yeah, they started out hot but ended up losing the game because, well, they're not a very good football team. Rivers is a decent QB but what other offensive weapons do they have that scare you? The Eagles should and will be favored in this game.

Oh I agree that the Chargers dont have a ton of weapons, but I have no idea if the Eagles secondary is good or not. The 1st half they came up and jammed the Skins WR at the line since they knew RGIII could beat them deep. Once they got up 33-7 they started playing off and RGIII completed a ton of short passes. I dont see how anyone can draw anything from that. Rivers right now is a more dangerous QB then RGIII was. They also have Ryan Matthews how looked to be running hard last night. I am really worried that the Chargers so thoroughly shut down the Texans offense in the 1st half. Freeny was a monster, and their run defense looked really good. Vick was limping pretty badly by the end of the game last night. I really do hope you are right though, a 2-0 start would be beyond anyones wildest dreams going into this season.

Greg

You also have good taste in music, so that's another sign you should jump on board!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Didnt the Eagles have like 250 yards rushing?

Texans still had 120 yards and they were throwing the ball way more than they ran it.

120 yards on the ground for the Texans is a poor effort. And yes, the Eagles ran the ball, but that was all Mike Vick trickery!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Ask me and I can tell you what teams to definitely not root for.

Heh, thanks for the reply! In my first post in the preseason thread, I explained a bit more, and discussed a few teams I don't particularly like, the Giants being one of those teams. My apologies kind sir :)

Bengals.

Cheer for the Bengals.

We only have like four members :(

Miguel

We have a roof! It can open!
Although last time it was opened seems to be when it got Ike'd

squicken

Hard to prove no cramps. I mean they come out of nowhere sometimes.

Yeah it's the perfect injury. With so many plays and no rest, just have the fat guys go down. After that game last night, it's going to get really bad. Whenever Philly gets a little streak going, it will be the way to slow them down

ShaneB

Choose the Hawks, friend! We've got an awesome outdoor stadium, plus Hawks Gaf is the nicest group in the thread. :^)

A valid argument :) I do really like the Seahawks!

Bengals.

Cheer for the Bengals.

We only have like four members :(

The Bengals eh... I guess it wouldn't be so bad to see them win, but can I see myself loving the Bengals?? I dunno!

ಠ_ಠ

You horrible person.

I am so sorry :(

gutshot

Oh I agree that the Chargers dont have a ton of weapons, but I have no idea if the Eagles secondary is good or not. The 1st half they came up and jammed the Skins WR at the line since they knew RGIII could beat them deep. Once they got up 33-7 they started playing off and RGIII completed a ton of short passes. I dont see how anyone can draw anything from that. Rivers right now is a more dangerous QB then RGIII was. They also have Ryan Matthews how looked to be running hard last night. I am really worried that the Chargers so thoroughly shut down the Texans offense in the 1st half. Freeny was a monster, and their run defense looked really good. Vick was limping pretty badly by the end of the game last night. I really do hope you are right though, a 2-0 start would be beyond anyones wildest dreams going into this season.

With this offense, I don't think the defense needs to be shut-down. They just need to make some plays: sacks, fumbles, ints. It looks like they are capable of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom