• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Yeah it's the perfect injury. With so many plays and no rest, just have the fat guys go down. After that game last night, it's going to get really bad. Whenever Philly gets a little streak going, it will be the way to slow them down

I'm on board with the suggestion where if you have to go out for an injury, you can't come back in to the game until the next series. That should cut down on the faking quite a bit. And the NFL can announce it under the guise of "player safety".

Quick Chargers thoughts:
-Dwight Freeney looked motivated and was a presence, hopefully he can stay healthy
-Ryan Mathews ran hard and looks poised to (finally) breakout this year, would have liked to see more Woodhead than Brown
-Eddie Royal seems to have built up a good rapport with Rivers within the new system, good to see Vincent Brown back on the field
-Absolute bunch of scrubs in the secondary, and Eric Weddle will probably lead the team in tackles again
-When the score hit 28-7, it felt like Pagano took the foot off the gas pedal and played soft zone coverage and gave Schaub all day to wait for someone to get open
-Offense looked rattled after repeated failed 3rd down conversions in the second half
-Philip Rivers went all Philip Rivers (both good and terrible moments)
-Stupid mistakes/penalties shows this is a young and inexperienced team, especially at key positions
-Bront Bird looked absolutely lost in coverage, and I don't know if that even gets fixed when Manti Te'o takes his spot back
-I expected a blowout, and would have been happy if you told me we would lose by a field goal before the game started. But the way we lost it does not shock me at all.
-This is still a 5-6 win team, but they look like they are going to play hard for Coach McCoy and might be competitive in more games

THU, SEP 12
NY Jets at New England

SUN, SEP 15
Early
St. Louis at Atlanta
Carolina at Buffalo
Minnesota at Chicago
Washington at Green Bay
Miami at Indianapolis
Dallas at Kansas City
Cleveland at Baltimore
Tennessee at Houston
San Diego at Philadelphia
Late
Detroit at Arizona
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Denver at NY Giants
Jacksonville at Oakland
Night
San Francisco at Seattle

MON, SEP 16
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

methodman

Banned
Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are the poster boys for Madden 25 this year. Even though Barry Sanders is on the cover, it's Russ and Kap who are getting the commercial love, having gone head-to-head (with Wilson ultimately Kaepernicking after a touchdown).

Turns out during that virtual game, they made a bet on their first real game too: whoever loses the Seahawks-49ers game this coming Sunday will be forced to shave an eyebrow.

Kap: "Big game on Sunday."

Wilson: "Yup. You know what we should do? Whoever loses has to shave an eyebrow."

Kap: "Aight. Hope you don't like your eyebrow."

Because, clearly, we needed the stakes for 49ers-Seahawks to be higher. Man this is going to be an awesome game.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...epernick-bet-shaved-eyebrow-on-seahawks-49ers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npKvIE6Ys1M

Zeke

Reid's your kryptonite. Pickle juice!
wrong moblie QB's our are kryptonite not QB's with smaller hands than my unborn child
(Still trying to decide a specific team to follow :p)
Come to Dallas great history and you can count on this team lose/turn the ball over/shoot themselves in the foot in the most amazing of ways. Also NFC East is best NFC don't let the haters tell you different!
I hope they end in a tie and they both have to shave an eye brow off

ShaneB

Come to Dallas great history and you can count on this team lose/turn the ball over/shoot themselves in the foot in the most amazing of ways. Also NFC East is best NFC don't let the haters tell you different!

Ehhh, a buddy of mine is a Cowboys fan, and I'd always root against them for spite. Plus it's always fun to see "America's Team" sputter in mediocrity, much like the Maple Leafs here in Canada. A slight bit of schadenfruede there :p

Zeke

You must be one of those poors Lunchbox references that can't afford Apple products.
no I just hate apple and their fan boys runied any intrest for that and like MS you gotta buy that first party bullshit. Fuck apple and fuck steve jobs
Injury updates
Dez mild ankle sprain will play against KC
Claiborne dislocated shoulder probable
Spencer still not sure they want to get him out there don't want to rush it
Romo bruised ribs will play

Syrinx

Now that I think about it, I think the Bucs have a chance to win on Sunday. Division rival coming in, game they have to win. And the defense, aside from dumbfuck mistakes that have to stop NOW, actually played pretty well. Let's do this shit. Can't start 0-2 going into New England.

Vio-Lence

Banned
WEEK 2 Schedule

THU, SEP 12
NY Jets at New England

SUN, SEP 15
Early
St. Louis at Atlanta
Carolina at Buffalo
Minnesota at Chicago
Washington at Green Bay
Miami at Indianapolis
Dallas at Kansas City
Cleveland at Baltimore
Tennessee at Houston
San Diego at Philadelphia
Late
Detroit at Arizona
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Denver at NY Giants
Jacksonville at Oakland
Night
San Francisco at Seattle

MON, SEP 16
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

like most of the home teams in the early games on Sunday.

bionic77

A lot of Apple hate from NFL Age.

I love their laptops personally. But I am not a whore and will go elsewhere if they can make something better.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
120 yards on the ground for the Texans is a poor effort. And yes, the Eagles ran the ball, but that was all Mike Vick trickery!
its not bad. The last three years they've averaged 130, 127 and in 2011, their best year rushing under Kubiak, 153 on the ground. But as i said they were throwing it way more than running it last night. they still averaged 4.3 ypc.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Picture12-3.png

My glorious Niners shall smite the blasphemous Seahawks this Sunday for retribution against the unholy attack that happened last year in Seattle. I BELIEVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom