• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Extremely excited for Sunday. Haven't been this excited for Eagles football in a long, long time. I'll be at the game Sunday, so I'm very interested to see how insane the offense speed is in person.

On the AFC side, I'm happy that Oakland doesn't look to be completely worthless this year. I want to see Pryor develop more and turn into a younger, more improved Michael Vick. The Eagles-Raiders game later this season will be fun as hell if Vick, Pryor, McCoy, and McFadden all stay healthy.

TheFatOne

I think the Pats offense is going to be really good next year. This year they aren't going to be elite, but by the end of the year they will be solid
if they aren't all injured
. Dodbson and Thompkins both need a full year. The most depressing thing about the Pats is their defense. They are still garbage. Their linebackers are dog shit. I'm done with Mayo. He has to be one of the most overrated linebackers in the NFL today. I hate everything he does. He is a great at tackling guys 5 yards down the field, but he doesn't do much else. He can't cover, can't blitz, can't rush.

cdyhybrid

I think the Pats offense is going to be really good next year. This year they aren't going to be elite, but by the end of the year they will be solid
. Dodbson and Thompkins both need a full year. The most depressing thing about the Pats is their defense. They are still garbage. Their linebackers are dog shit. I'm done with Mayo. He has to be one of the most overrated linebackers in the NFL today. I hate everything he does. He is a great at tackling guys 5 yards down the field, but he doesn't do much else. He can't cover, can't blitz, can't rush.

Solidly on the IR.

Spinluck

I said MJD as I read your first paragraph. lol

No way they deal him to a divisional rival. I see the Jags trying to deal him around week 4/5 when all hope is officially lost. I got a weird feeling the Broncos have an all in attitude and will make a run at him

Hey Mech, give us Ben Tate, you bastards don't need to feature backs.

We'll give you Hasslebeast, who's made it to a Superbowl btw.

David Baas and Prince Amukamara confirmed will play Sunday, Giants get a massive break.
Worried that Baas won't be 100% but to hell with it. We need to get he starting 5 together and develop some chemistry. Thanking the football gods Prince made it back though.

For the Broncos, it looks like Champ Bailey and TE Joel Dressen are out. Peyton and Julius Thomas are going to eat our linebackers alive.

Out for Dolphins:

Will Davis, Pat Devlin, Jamar Taylor.

Really thought Davis would play, hope our secondary is up to the task of stopping Luck.
vader.jpg

Increased role for Nolan Carroll again, then... Oh boy.

Spinluck

So Fran Tarkenton called us a shit organization. WHAT DID WE EVUR DO TO YOU FRAN!!!??

Today at about 4pm CST on ESPN 1000 Fran Tarkenton was on with Waddle and Silvy. When asked about Colin Kaepernic being the best player @ this time, said that Andrew Luck may be, but will never win a super bowl because of the Colts being such a bad organization. Not verbatim, but that was the gist of it.

Part of me agrees only because I loathe Irsay :-I

EDIT: EXACT QUOTE

Tarkenton said:
"Andrew Luck is playing in a lousy organization. That's the son of the guy that took the 18 wheeler out of Baltimore in the middle of the night to indianapolis. Never been a great organization. Bill Polian made them competitive, they fired him. .... Heres a guy that has 9 comeback wins... He'll be stuck in Indianapolis with that that organization and its very unlikely he'll ever win a SB there."

Lol @ Bill made them competitive, he did for a while, but for a whole other while he didn't. Fran still stuck in that 1970/1980s NFL mode, outspoken dude lol.

I like that the receivers made plays and got open. They just need to learn to catch it.

So Fran Tarkenton called us a shit organization. WHAT DID WE EVUR DO TO YOU FRAN!!!??

Part of me agrees only because I loathe Irsay :-I

EDIT: EXACT QUOTE

Lol @ Bill made them competitive, he did for a while, but for a whole other while he didn't. Fran still stuck in that 1970/1980s NFL mode, outspoken dude lol.

Sorry, Fran tends to go on crazy rants from time to time.

MechDX

Hey Mech, give us Ben Tate, you bastards don't need to feature backs.

We'll give you Hasslebeast, who's made it to a Superbowl btw.

Hey Deji Kareem and Dennis Johnson are still out there. Cut them after preseason.

Deji looked good and was a lock at the 3rd RB spot because he can return kicks, Didn't play the 4th preseason game because he was a "lock". Cierre Wood just looked REALLY good that game.

Johnson was signed by the Browns but then waived, UDFA from Arkansas that reminded me a little of MJD just has a small fumbling issue.

Worried that Baas won't be 100% but to hell with it. We need to get he starting 5 together and develop some chemistry. Thanking the football gods Prince made it back though.

For the Broncos, it looks like Champ Bailey and TE Joel Dressen are out. Peyton and Julius Thomas are going to eat our linebackers alive.
Size of the Giants WRs will feast on Denver CBs. DRC is the same guy who was getting roasted by injured Nicks/Cruz last year. Woodyard in nicked up also, Myers could be in for a big day.

Turnstile

Been in Indianapolis all week for work. Lucas Oil looks like a warehouse. Bleh.

Drove to Chicago to spend some time tonight before I fly back tomorrow.( Have to also drive back)
Soldier Field is pretty damn cool. Wrigleys next.

Godslay

Banned
Size of the Giants WRs will feast on Denver CBs. DRC is the same guy who was getting roasted by injured Nicks/Cruz last year. Woodyard in nicked up also, Myers could be in for a big day.

CB is the deepest part of this team. DRC at least last game is playing like a different player from last year. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

Everything is shitty in Indianapolis so the fact that Lucas Oil looks shitty is not surprising. Just get out of Indiana asap.

edit: ^ Broncos vs Giants is going to be a shoot out.

h1nch

CB is the deepest part of this team. DRC at least last game is playing like a different player from last year. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

Yeah I thought DRC played lights out last week. He played significantly better than Champ did during last yr's playoff loss. His play is the reason they're able to let champ rehab his injury without having to rush back. Not sure how that will translate in NY since their receivers are better.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 27m
Jets benched CB Dee Milliner Thursday night. But people who watched Jets this summer said Milliner struggled mightily.

Jeff Schudel ‏@jsbrownsinsider 22m
Per @AdamSchefter Jetz benched rookie CB Dee Miliner Thursday night. Browns might have been wise to pass on him.
Posted?

Colasante

Saban is supposed to be a great DB coach but it took several years for Kareem Jackson to become not incompetent. I imagine it is hard to evaluate Alabama players because all of the other good players can mask weaknesses.

Not to mention that last year's first round pick Dre Kirkpatrick has seemingly been a disaster in Cincinnati. Hopefully teams start getting scared off from Bama DBs so Ha Ha Clinton Dix can fall to the end of the first next year.

Doomsayer

Hey man, me and a friend are thinking about going to see BTBAM, The Faceless, The Contortionist, and The Safety Fire October 24th in Asheville. Ever seen any of them? I'm thinking it could be a pretty nice show.

I've seen BTBAM a few times (mainly during the Silent Circus and Colors era) but they were amazing live. The music was on point but they are really lacking in stage presence. I mean honestly though, they are so technical I couldn't imagine them being able to go nuts on stage. So I dealt with it.

Is this the tour with Every Time I Die as well?

ChanHuk

Banned
It seems like Bama defensive players don't make a good transition to the NFL. Rolando McClain? Dre Kirkpatrick? DJ Milliner?

I don't trust Saban ever since he said McLame is the best LB he's ever coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom