• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

i.png

Have a solid bounce back game Weeden...PLEASE!

I believe. Norv will put in fewer passes, more Trent Truck, and Weeden and the defense will carry them to victory

MechDX

If a three day advantage is what helps you sleep at night after that performance yesterday, then have at it.

Really? Did you have to go there? Could has said something about the Jags still being perennial bottom dwellers and left it at that.

Absurdity of number manipulation.

manfestival

this girl that likes me just told me she got me a ticket to go to the bucs monday night football game

I would totally date this girl if I liked her!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This week on the best show on the internet the D-block interview Steven Jackson.

Spoilers: The 2 rooks are quiet and Jackson gets a free copy of Halo 4 from MS.

Oh yeah and as always the Friday Freestyle!

On D-Block!!

sj39-jvay-570x.jpg

Kave, you do not have permission to post my photo on this public forum.

I am going to send you a prompt legal notice informing you that you are infringing my copyright and I am really, really mad mister!!!

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm getting back at all you tall degenerate sponges. Gonna ask a girl out that's like 6 feet tall, that's right bitches. she's taller than me and most you degenerates.

No way that happens. If the Packers lose to the Redskins, I'll change my avatar to an Aaron Rodgers head.

If I didn't like my transparent sprite avatar so much, I'd call this a bet. Don't think you'll have to worry though, the Redskiins will probably beat themselves so much the Packers won't have to do a lot.

Greg

If I didn't like my transparent sprite avatar so much, I'd call this a bet. Don't think you'll have to worry though, the Redskiins will probably beat themselves so much the Packers won't have to do a lot.
My bet would hinge on Finley's health. My motto is "If Finley's in, mark the win."

squicken

THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT

The next time Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert goes out to eat with his offensive linemen, the big guys should pick up the check. Gabbert and Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer each were sacked four times on quick sacks (sacks that took less than 2.6 seconds) in their season openers. No other quarterback had more than two quick sacks.

On the other hand, Jets quarterback Geno Smith didn't make his offensive line look good in the opener. Smith was sacked four times on long sacks (sacks that took more than 3.1 seconds). Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden each had three long sacks.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2013/under-pressure-wake

squicken

ESPN Insider post from Football Outsiders

Small correlation with more plays and more injuries

We also track a team's offensive pace, measured by seconds per play. The 2012 Patriots had the fastest pace last season at 24.12 seconds per play. In Week 1, the Eagles were at 24.80 seconds per play, which ranked 10th, but the expectation is they will lead the league in this metric in 2013. If Week 1 is any evidence, they might lead pretty easily.

I looked at the correlation between AGL (offense only) and offensive pace for all NFL teams from 2002 to 2012. That data suggest a relatively weak relationship between the two stats (minus-0.2 for the statheads out there). However, the fact that it's negative is a discouraging sign for the Eagles.

This means that as the time between plays increases (slower pace), injuries would be expected to decrease. Correlations range from minus-1.0 to 1.0. While minus-0.2 is not an overwhelming correlation (for reference, 0.7 or higher would indicate a strong relationship while 0.0 would indicate no relationship at all), it does show a trend: The more plays you run, the greater the odds of injury become.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...elphia-eagles-endure-more-injuries-chip-kelly

e: random

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
Aaron Rodgers is 1-9 at home when trailing by 7+ points. The win was the last time it happened: 2012 Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom