• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

There's just no way to beat Bama unless a team gets every break. Too much talent. That safety wouldn't make water boy for Saban

SOMEONE please .gif pete carrolls face after wilson fumble at the 35 second mark of the 2nd quarter
ifrIZ51OrhxvS.gif

LJ11

No one is watching the FSU game, but Winston is still looking good. Great prospect, accuracy and arm strength is plus plus plus. Insane talent.

Narag

Do you mean Jameis Christ? Read him up - his poppa went Marinovich on him.

Reading up on Marinovich is sad.

He has never eaten a Big Mac or an Oreo or a Ding Dong. When he went to birthday parties as a kid, he would take his own cake and ice cream to avoid sugar and refined white flour. He would eat homemade catsup, prepared with honey. He did consume beef but not the kind injected with hormones. He ate only unprocessed dairy products. He teethed on frozen kidney and liver. When Todd was one month old, Marv was already working on his son's physical conditioning. He stretched his hamstrings. Pushups were next. Marv invented a game in which Todd would try to lift a medicine ball onto a kitchen counter. Marv also put him on a balance beam. Both activities grew easier when Todd learned to walk. There was a football in Todd's crib from day one. "Not a real NFL ball," says Marv. "That would be sick; it was a stuffed ball.

Marinovich entered USC as a Fine Arts major and redshirted the 1988 season behind Rodney Peete. Already under intense pressure as a high school prospect, the combination of high expectation and the many new temptations that were prohibited under his strict upbringing soon overwhelmed him. He was torn between embracing the freedom and following his father's teachings, noting that "I'm finally away from my dad telling me everything to do. And I've got to say I have taken advantage of it. Full advantage. He keeps telling me, 'Come on, you've got the rest of your life to fool around. Not now.' I know he's right. But there are a lot of distractions at SC." At one point Marinovich left school in his freshman year to see his mother, stating "I wish I could go somewhere else and be someone else. I don't want to be Todd Marinovich."

You guys willingly watch college football? Ugh what trash.

Get a life!
I normally hate college football. I detest the option and spread offenses 99% of the time, but when you get a team like bama with some beasts up front that can actually run traditonal sets, its sometimes fun to watch.

bionic77

I normally hate college football. I detest the option and spread offenses 99% of the time, but when you get a team like bama with some beasts up front that can actually run traditonal sets, its sometimes fun to watch.
It's so imprecise and shitty compared to the pro game. I can't watch it. Even if I had an excess of free time I still wouldn't waste my time on such crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom