• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Haha. Nick Saban is such a fraud, can only succeed as a coach when his team is stacked with the country's best athletes.

he's a good coach. I just don't get rooting for Bama unless you are a Bama fan. That said, if the NFL ever becomes a league where 75% of drives are scores, I'm out

LJ11

Who recruited those athletes, the easter bunny?

A lot Bama's talent doesn't translate when they move up to the next level. So yes he recruits well, but he does a bang up job coaching these guys. Puts guys in positions they're suited for, helps them excel. It sounds simple, but there are a lot of football coaches that don't do this.

His coordinators do a good job recruiting, and when they've gone off to do their own thing they've also had success. Saban's got a good blueprint when it comes to recruiting, and it's translated well at other schools when he's not the one doing the recruiting.

he's a good coach. I just don't get rooting for Bama unless you are a Bama fan. That said, if the NFL ever becomes a league where 75% of drives are scores, I'm out

Baseball or hockey?

I'd love nothing more than watching some hard hitting low scoring defensive battles, but we're not heading in that direction any time soon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Rcvjh6P.gif

squicken

A lot Bama's talent doesn't translate when they move up to the next level. So yes he recruits well, but he does a bang up job coaching these guys. Puts guys in positions they're suited for, helps them excel. It sounds simple, but there are a lot of football coaches that don't do this.

His coordinators do a good job recruiting, and when they've gone off to do their own thing they've also had success. Saban's got a good blueprint when it comes to recruiting, and it's translated well at other schools when he's not the one doing the recruiting.

Baseball or hockey?

I'd love nothing more than watching some hard hitting low scoring defensive battles, but we're not heading in that direction any time soon.

I think we're going to see a lot of 60 point games this year. More than ever before. It's not the contact rules as much as it will be the passing and tempo. Defensive linemen have to substitute b/c they run more. Not letting them sub out kills the pass rush

LJ11

I think we're going to see a lot of 60 point games this year. More than ever before. It's not the contact rules as much as it will be the passing and tempo. Defensive linemen have to substitute b/c they run more. Not letting them sub out kills the pass rush

Contact and hitting rules are a factor, but I agree, they won't be the sole reason. When you add a duel threat QB it slows down your pass rush, add a fast speed/tempo that tires lineman out and you have a recipe for what you describe. High scores all over the place, weather will temper it a bit late in the year, but I do agree with you, expect high scores.

Just look at some of the QB prospects that are set to make the jump in the next couple of years, they can all run.

squicken

Contact and hitting rules are a factor, but I agree, they won't be the sole reason. When you add a duel threat QB it slows down your pass rush, add a fast speed/tempo that tires lineman out and you have a recipe for what you describe. High scores all over the place, weather will temper it a bit late in the year, but I do agree with you, expect high scores.

Just look at some of the QB prospects that are set to make the jump in the next couple of years, they can all run.

I sort of feel like defenses would have a shot at stopping running QBs if they huddled. Or slow Peyton down if he had to huddle. I love the idea of spread and running QBs, but I think the defense needs to be able to put in its packages too

--
James Harrison on Pittsburgh

According to Harrison, Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week One, was the best player on Pittsburgh’s offense.

“They lost their best offensive player they had in Pouncey,” Harrison said on a conference call with the Pittsburgh media.

I sort of feel like defenses would have a shot at stopping running QBs if they huddled. Or slow Peyton down if he had to huddle. I love the idea of spread and running QBs, but I think the defense needs to be able to put in its packages too

--
James Harrison on Pittsburgh
Just let DBs hold WRs again.

Draxal

Are you talking about FSU?

I think Alabama itself is actually more important to recruiting than Saban's influence, he's kinda the most unsociable person alive.

Anyway high school football trends (college football recruiting trends) there are just more defensive line prospects than oline prospects. But alot less secondary recruits compared to wrs. I wonder if this translates to the NFL (and yes, this is my sorta-uneducated observations).

I didn't watch the whole video first time, just kinda skimmed. But eww did he wash the hotdog with soap?
I don't even know, there was so much going on. What concerns me the most is the video with the compilation of all the fires he's set in his home. He continually uses the same burner that catches fire and proceeds to pour juice on one fire, stab a fork into the coils on and spray Windex to put out another fire. It's beyond ridicule for me; I'm genuinely concerned this man is going to kill himself, or at the very least burn himself out of house an home.

I'm so ready for the Mayweather-Canelo fight. Way better than a Floyd-Manny fight would have been. I'm team Floyd, but Canelo is the realest threat Floyd has fought since Zab Judah

Anyone from NFL-GAF getting the fight besides Ninja?????

PBF gonna get in that gingers ass!!!

I love you Shake

Godslay

Banned
That's a bad picture. She was pretty cute in that movie.

I mean a total dog for GAF standards but for normal dudes she was hot in that movie.

Yeah, it's just a comparison I found in Google images. She's cute in that movie.

I'd hit it. Then or now

More then, than now for me. But yeah, you are right.

.... holy fuck

Right? It's almost like the clouds are the bushes type of thing you never notice.

MechDX

I think Lance Z is a great evaluator of NFL talent but this twitter conversation blows my mind:

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h
Lost in shuffle of all the flash with Manziel is pure QB substance. He's sits down and drives the ball when needed & has phenomenal touch

Kaptain Kabuki ‏@allgrownzup 1h
@LanceZierlein true, perfect for college but I just don't see it translating due to size. Russell and Brees he is not.

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h
@allgrownzup We will see. Looks like a weakness, but he's a better talent than either of the two you mentioned.

Better talent than Brees and Russel Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom