• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesmir

Banned
Thats the season.

Can't even fucking beat the jays.

image.php

Fantomex

To elaborate, my name is Franklin, and I'm a lanky ass irishman.

Welcome bro!

Couple of things

1. Don't take anything here seriously
  2. :jnc is our way of saying lol
  3. "you people" is an inside joke
  4. We make fun of Josh Freeman being fat and loving Taco Bell
  5. Pats fans are the worst, we had a meeting and took a vote.
  6. We all hate our teams and are jaded.

Now have fun!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welcome bro!

Couple of things

1. Don't take anything here seriously
  2. :jnc is our way of saying lol
  3. "you people" is an inside joke
  4. We make fun of Josh Freeman being fat and loving Taco Bell
  5. Pats fans are the worst, we had a meeting and took a vote.
  6. We all hate our teams and are jaded.

Now have fun!

I like my team though...

Look at my avatar, it's proof.

Wheaton speed will help the offense(maybe) try him out. Cause if you didnt notice it already... our offense has been butthole so far and for awhile.. things need to change..

Yeah. Ben needs to hit the receivers he throws to. Wheaton's speed doesn't mean shit if the ball's nowhere near him.

jakncoke

Banned
Merriweather even has the history of illegal hits.. yet not suspended. Clearly fines are not making him alter his way of tackling. lol NFL you fucking dumb shits

Yeah. Ben needs to hit the receivers he throws to. Wheaton's speed doesn't mean shit if the ball's nowhere near him.
So here's an interesting question. Should they trade Ben? Go ahead and get your 1st and 4th or 2nd and 5th or whatever you can get for him, get that salary off the books, and use the picks to build the youth?

Because look at it this way. The defensive backfield needs to be completely re-vamped over the next 3-4 years. Ike, Troy and Clark will all be retired. We need an ILB who can captain the D.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the young o-line can gel, that Bell is a decent halfback and that Heath can at least get you two more seasons before he's also done.

By the time the D is re-vamped, Ben is 35. The window for the Steelers championship runs with Ben at QB has closed. It's past. The only question is whether we watch him fart around there for four more years and get nothing out of it but frustrated seasons and depressed fans or whether they man up and cut him loose.

We did this in the early 80s. Held onto Bradshaw, hoping he was coming back from injury after injury. Passed on Dan Marino in the draft.

Passed. On. Pittsburgh. Native. Dan. Marino. (Christ, still pisses me off.)

If we don't cut Ben loose we could see another decade of futility (5 with Ben, 5 finding another franchise QB.) Just ask FMT what it's like to stare at your team sucking ass for year after year after year after year, waiting for them to be good again. Better yet, ask Kave. :)

So here's an interesting question. Should they trade Ben? Go ahead and get your 1st and 4th or 2nd and 5th or whatever you can get for him, get that salary off the books, and use the picks to build the youth?

Because look at it this way. The defensive backfield needs to be completely re-vamped over the next 3-4 years. Ike, Troy and Clark will all be retired. We need an ILB who can captain the D.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the young o-line can gel, that Bell is a decent halfback and that Heath can at least get you two more seasons before he's also done.

By the time the D is re-vamped, Ben is 35. The window for the Steelers championship runs with Ben at QB has closed. It's past. The only question is whether we watch him fart around there for four more years and get nothing out of it but frustrated seasons and depressed fans or whether they man up and cut him loose.

We did this in the early 80s. Held onto Bradshaw, hoping he was coming back from injury after injury. Passed on Dan Marino in the draft.

Passed. On. Pittsburgh. Native. Dan. Marino. (Christ, still pisses me off.)

If we don't cut Ben loose we could see another decade of futility (5 with Ben, 5 finding another franchise QB.) Just ask FMT what it's like to stare at your team sucking ass for year after year after year after year, waiting for them to be good again. Better yet, ask Kave. :)

Honestly no. I don't think Ben will win another Championship in Black and Gold but there's no can't miss QB prospect coming up, and the Steelers need a lot of pieces, particularly on Offense.

Not to mention that the NFL has a terrible track record with parting with Franchise QB's. They usually wait until they're well washed up and even then it's a problem. It'll happen to Brees, Brady, both Mannings, and Ben.

MechDX

Honestly no. I don't think Ben will win another Championship in Black and Gold but there's no can't miss QB prospect coming up, and the Steelers need a lot of pieces, particularly on Offense.

Not to mention that the NFL has a terrible track record with parting with Franchise QB's. They usually wait until they're well washed up and even then it's a problem. It'll happen to Brees, Brady, both Mannings, and Ben.

Peyton is done whenever he is finished in Denver. Same with Brady in New England IMO

Who could you trade Ben to? I would assume he has some sort of clause in his contract saying he has final approval. he wouldn't go to a rebuilding team as it would be the same if he stayed. I would love to see him here but while Kubiak calls the shots it would never happen. I would gladly give up a 2nd and 5th for him

Chicago?

Peyton is done whenever he is finished in Denver. Same with Brady in New England IMO

Peyton's not going to walk away from the game unless he wins another Super Bowl. His skills will fail him before he walks away. They are already diminishing, and there will come a time when no amount of smarts will get the ball into a receiver's hands. Brady too. Belichick has already reconfigured the offense to Brady's changing skillset; there isn't much more he can do unless there's a RB swing pass offense i've never heard about.

Who could you trade Ben to? I would assume he has some sort of clause in his contract saying he has final approval. he wouldn't go to a rebuilding team as it would be the same if he stayed. I would love to see him here but while Kubiak calls the shots it would never happen. I would gladly give up a 2nd and 5th for him

Chicago?

I wouldn't really care where he goes as long as it's not in the AFC North. If I were a GM, I'd trade him to a contending snake bitten franchise - in the NFC. Bucs?

jakncoke

Banned
So it takes a lot for me to get irl mad at what someone says on this forum. But I scanning my twitter and came across a neogaf worst post that generally made me want to track the user down and put him in a arm bar and snap his fucking arm like a bitch that he is.

NeoGAF's Worst Posts ‏@NeoGAFShitPosts 16 Sep
our dog got really sick, we drove off 20 miles from home & left the animal on the side of the road and decided to put things in God's hands.

squicken

I feel like we are due for a 2 turnover Vick game.

I expect 2 INTs and 1TD.

Chiefs win 27-21.

I don't think they have the speed to score enough on your bad defense. The only thing could be that you D played so long vs SD that a short turnaround will be too much for them

Just finished watching 30 for 30, The Marinovich Project. Really liked it, and quite emotional for me.
Nice, I just watched it myself a day or two ago when it was brought up. Very fascinating story but it was pretty sad. At least it ends in a somewhat happy way, as opposed to the Ryan Leaf story which will most likely end with him in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom