• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Nice, I just watched it myself a day or two ago when it was brought up. Very fascinating story but it was pretty sad. At least it ends in a somewhat happy way, as opposed to the Ryan Leaf story which will most likely end with him in prison.

ummm.............

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8854058/ryan-leaf-booted-treatment-center-prison

HELENA, Mont. -- Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf has been moved from a drug treatment center to the Montana State Prison for threatening a staff member and violating his treatment plan, a corrections official said Thursday.

The former San Diego Chargers and Washington State Cougars quarterback was charged last spring with breaking into two houses and stealing prescription painkillers near his hometown of Great Falls. He pleaded guilty in May to burglary and criminal possession of dangerous drugs, and his five-year sentence called for spending nine months in a locked drug treatment facility as an alternative to prison.

From Jan. 27 2013

squicken

lol. Squicken is mad now too? What is going on this season? Everyone is turning heel.

I'm a happy person and I don't normally resort to personal insults, but there are people speaking positively about Richard Sherman in an un-ironic manner. Let's also not forget the rise on furries and ponies spiked once the 49ers lost. I think we'll look back on that game like the Battle of Tours in reverse

effzee

I don't think they have the speed to score enough on your bad defense. The only thing could be that you D played so long vs SD that a short turnaround will be too much for them

They might not have the speed but one of those INTs Vick will throw will be a pick 6.

Reid knows this team inside out. I fear the walrus.

ShaneB

Nice, I just watched it myself a day or two ago when it was brought up. Very fascinating story but it was pretty sad. At least it ends in a somewhat happy way, as opposed to the Ryan Leaf story which will most likely end with him in prison.

Got emotional mostly when he talked about his father at the end of the film.

It's also very similar to Unguarded, which I really loved as well.

Fantomex

I'm a happy person and I don't normally resort to personal insults, but there are people speaking positively about Richard Sherman in an un-ironic manner. Let's also not forget the rise on furries and ponies spiked once the 49ers lost. I think we'll look back on that game like the Battle of Tours in reverse

Squicken, I'd vote for you.

It's pretty early in the season (as in two games lol), but this is a good sign considering how bad the Raiders did last year:

Raiders Lead the League in Sacks and Rushing Yards

This isn't me saying we're going to playoffs or anything else, it's just pointing to improvement overall in the team.

Overall, they have 397 rushing yards which is 45 yards more than the next best team, the Philadelphia Eagles (352). Last season it took the Raiders until week seven to reach that many rushing yards.

The Raiders are tied for the league lead in sacks (9.0) with the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This gives them an average of 4.5 sacks per game which is three sacks per game more than they averaged all of last season (1.5). it also took until week seven last year before the Raiders were able to amass nine sacks as a team.

Hopefully they can continue to build on this start!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So here's an interesting question. Should they trade Ben? Go ahead and get your 1st and 4th or 2nd and 5th or whatever you can get for him, get that salary off the books, and use the picks to build the youth?

Because look at it this way. The defensive backfield needs to be completely re-vamped over the next 3-4 years. Ike, Troy and Clark will all be retired. We need an ILB who can captain the D.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the young o-line can gel, that Bell is a decent halfback and that Heath can at least get you two more seasons before he's also done.

By the time the D is re-vamped, Ben is 35. The window for the Steelers championship runs with Ben at QB has closed. It's past. The only question is whether we watch him fart around there for four more years and get nothing out of it but frustrated seasons and depressed fans or whether they man up and cut him loose.

We did this in the early 80s. Held onto Bradshaw, hoping he was coming back from injury after injury. Passed on Dan Marino in the draft.

Passed. On. Pittsburgh. Native. Dan. Marino. (Christ, still pisses me off.)

If we don't cut Ben loose we could see another decade of futility (5 with Ben, 5 finding another franchise QB.) Just ask FMT what it's like to stare at your team sucking ass for year after year after year after year, waiting for them to be good again. Better yet, ask Kave. :)

Fuck this. Seriously? Trade Ben? NO.

You don't trade or release your franchise qb unless you have another one ready. If you're in position to draft Andrew Luck or RG3 or someone, then maybe. Otherwise, NO.

bionic is always talking shit about bad teams winning the SB, but it's founded in truth. If you can get into the dance and your qb gets hot, you can win it all with a middling team. But if you're stuck with a Ponder level guy, forget it.

LJ11

Rewatched some of the Bills game, I'm really liking Robert Woods. Smart player, shiftier/quicker Steve Johnson in some ways. Might have more after catch ability, Steve looks like the better vertical threat, he'll go up and get it down the sideline. Not a knock on Woods, just doesn't have the length, definitely got by the Pats secondary deep but EJ missed the throw.

Early in the game Woods beats press with a quick hand swat, has a good step on the DB, but EJ pulls the trigger too soon. EJ threw him open, which you love to see, but he needed to wait a half second more to pull it. Could have gone for big yards. Second week in a row he missed a big play to Woods.

Later in the 2nd Q he helps EJ by coming back to the ball after CJ muffs a blitz pickup. EJ ducked the unblocked LB, rolls left and throws a fucking laser to Woods who was initially open on a wheel but had to come back for the ball due to the pressure. Great throw by EJ too. Rolling right he throws an absolute dart while a DB is coming up to defend the run threat.

EJ got happy feet after the turnovers in the 4th, didn't trust his OL, dropping eyes, but for the majority of the game he had pretty good pocket awareness. People use the word calm to describe him, but it's his pocket awareness/movement they're describing.

EJ still has a ways to go, needs to diagnose quicker, get in sync with his receivers, and hit the deep ball which he hasn't been able to do. Good test for him this week because the interior OL will get its ass kicked. Lets see how he reacts to A gap pressure all game long.

Should gif some of this stuff, but I'm a lousy giffer.

Rewatched some of the Bills game, I'm really liking Robert Woods. Smart player, shiftier/quicker Steve Johnson in some ways.

Yeah Robert Woods is an amazing player, I got to see him play in HS (my cousin was forced to try to cover him hahahaha) and in College (Big USC Fan). He's a tremendous player and he'll develop into a great receiver for the Bills.

bionic77

Can we talk about something other than football?

Suddenly I feel there is a lot more to life than sitting around and watching your team continue to fail to run the same 3 plays over and over again and yet continuing to try them.

Lets all have a discussion about our place in the universe and what we had for dinner.

squicken

iFx4ptcuM5LTD.gif

lulz

:(

Fox318

Rewatched some of the Bills game, I'm really liking Robert Woods. Smart player, shiftier/quicker Steve Johnson in some ways. Might have more after catch ability, Steve looks like the better vertical threat, he'll go up and get it down the sideline. Not a knock on Woods, just doesn't have the length, definitely got by the Pats secondary deep but EJ missed the throw.

Early in the game Woods beats press with a quick hand swat, has a good step on the DB, but EJ pulls the trigger too soon. EJ threw him open, which you love to see, but he needed to wait a half second more to pull it. Could have gone for big yards. Second week in a row he missed a big play to Woods.

Later in the 2nd Q he helps EJ by coming back to the ball after CJ muffs a blitz pickup. EJ ducked the unblocked LB, rolls left and throws a fucking laser to Woods who was initially open on a wheel but had to come back for the ball due to the pressure. Great throw by EJ too. Rolling right he throws an absolute dart while a DB is coming up to defend the run threat.

EJ got happy feet after the turnovers in the 4th, didn't trust his OL, dropping eyes, but for the majority of the game he had pretty good pocket awareness. People use the word calm to describe him, but it's his pocket awareness/movement they're describing.

EJ still has a ways to go, needs to diagnose quicker, get in sync with his receivers, and hit the deep ball which he hasn't been able to do. Good test for him this week because the interior OL will get its ass kicked. Lets see how he reacts to A gap pressure all game long.

Should gif some of this stuff, but I'm a lousy giffer.

You get Nick Swisher I get Bobby V's mustache disguise.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm happy taking no more bets after MechDX.

bionic77

you cant afford what i had for dinner ambulance chaser

so lets talk about the stealers not making the playoffs........... AGAIN
You would be surprised what I could afford. My wife carries around purses that cost more than what you have in your bank account.

I would rather not talk about the playoffs in September. Can't we talk about the fact that the Pats are done and that their record is fools gold? Even more than usual!

Should start calling Alex Smith "Mr. Fundamental". He's such a weird case. He's not flashy or brilliant like Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Kaep or Luck; but he's efficient. Which is weird to say since I remember years ago watching a San Fran game where people were chanting for him to be benched. Low and behold, like a phoenix, he manages to rise up and actually be something decent. Such a weird QB...

squicken

How do Rams fans feel about Sam Bradford? Do you think the team will move on from him after the season is over?

Divisive. Better than Ponder tier but probably never more than Stafford tier. This is his last year of guaranteed money. They say they are all in with Bradford, but then only an idiot like Schiano would publicly doubt his QB. The team is built for 2014. I think they want to keep him but not if he will hold the rest of the team back

squicken

Should start calling Alex Smith "Mr. Fundamental". He's such a weird case. He's not flashy or brilliant like Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Kaep or Luck; but he's efficient. Which is weird to say since I remember years ago watching a San Fran game where people were chanting for him to be benched. Low and behold, like a phoenix, he manages to rise up and actually be something decent. Such a weird QB...

SF built its team around the OL, and with Harbaugh, Alex was very good on first and second down when the threat of the run was most acute. The problem with Alex was that he never got better on 3rd downs. When he had to throw and the defense knew it was coming, he wasn't much better under Harbs than he was with Nolan/Singletary

brentech

Was looking for a Lacy update. Since we have a week 4 bye, they might just keep him out until week 5, missing just a week.
Kuhn might miss the Bengals game as well with a hamstring injury.

jakncoke

Banned
He could probably run up the middle and fall down for a yard just as well as the RBs too.

True.

Rb stats through 2 games

Felix Jones 10-37
Larod Stephen-Howling 6-19
Isaac Redman 10-12
Johnathan Dwyer 1-2

27- 70

lol man i wonder if we can get a 500 yard leading rusher this year.. 300 actually might better to wonder.

edit; Our leading rusher is 57th ranked

cajunator

Banned
Im supervising a new dispatcher tonight and he's a huge Eagles fan. He is in the camp that didnt want to get rid of Andy, though hes excited to see what Chip will bring.

bionic77

When is the last time we had a running game average even 4 yards a carry? Was it the 2 games Staley was healthy or was it with Parker (and that was probably barely 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom