• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't, I went to the Nevada-Hawaii game and the rest of the time I was gambling with family. Stuck to the Eldorado and Silver Legacy. I'll keep that in mind if I ever go back though :p
I like that little section because don't have to walk outside the premises. If you go back there go in the summer and check out an Aces game. Great atmosphere

ShaneB

Damn crazy ass brawl in a preseason hockey game. Goddamn crazy Canadians with your bagged milk.

:(

Embarrassing that stuff like that happens. It's when I wonder why I still like hockey. If the NHL had any balls they'd suspend a whole bunch of em for 15 games at least or something.

edit: Also, Phil Kessel being an instigator of the chaos with his swinging stick is American ;p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hoyers gonna give you guys Work Gata! And at halftime we'll trade for Mallet and he'll give you work!

Dream scenario!

I wish I was posting regularly in here when the Browns last played the Pats just to see what Gata's reaction would have been.

I figure it'd probably be like Nori-Chan's last year. :(

:(

Embarrassing that stuff like that happens. It's when I wonder why I still like hockey. If the NHL had any balls they'd suspend a whole bunch of em for 15 games at least or something.

edit: Also, Phil Kessel being an instigator of the chaos with his swinging stick is American ;p

15 games for what? Other then Clarkson everyone else was on the ice for that shift. Clarkson will automatically get 10 games for leaving the bench.

And Phil the instigator? Did you miss where Scott went right after him? Doesn't excuse Phil swinging his stick but in no way was he near being an instigator there.

and don't act like necessarily cutler targeted golden on the play. watch it again... cutty turns his head and gets a feel for him just as he's about to get hit. and he'd JUST crossed the first down marker fully. if he slid even a tad before the marker he would risk 4th down against a team that was consistently stopping the run in the second half.

Godslay

Banned
that's a true statement, but if you are subscribing to the notion that a quarterback should never lower their shoulder - even if it's to gain extra yardage on a third and long in a tight primetime game - then you really have to look at it from the perspective of the player and not the spectator. it's called selflessness... in this case putting your body at risk when you normally wouldn't in order to ensure your team has that much better of an opportunity to win a game.

Qbs are special beasts. It's the same reason you don't touch them in practice, or make them tackle after a pic, or let them do selfless gestures as you are advocating. Didn't Jay get hurt trying to tackle on a pick? How did that season work out? Slide, get out of the way, live to fight another day.

Pimpwerx

Something I noticed today, the Phins ran the read-option a few times, but it was more of a faux read-option. It had all the appearance of a read-option, but Tanny didn't look like he ever intended to run. The Falcons just swarmed on the RB each time. I'm wondering if this is a setup for us to start stretching Tanny's legs. With a RB by committee lineup, it seems logical to get our athletic QB involved in the running game. I know they don't want to get him hurt, but he's getting sacked so much anyway that I honestly don't see the harm. They also rolled him out a couple of times for throws as well, which is a change.

I've wondered why we haven't used that part of his game much, and I think it might be part of the 2yr plan for Tannehill. They're gradually taking the training wheels off the offense with him, and we're letting him spray it around more. I'd love to see some of that WR athleticism used by Sherman, but I'm ok with the gradual approach, while we keep winning. He had a couple sketchy throws today, one of which was intercepted, but the command and control he showed on the winning drive fill me with confidence. I'm just glad he's finally starting to get his name mentioned among the top young QBs. He's a much better passer than he gets credit for, and you can tell the guys have a lot of confidence in him. I'm no longer mad at Jeff Ireland. All the mistakes of the past I can chalk up to that douchebag Bill Parcells. That bitch shit on our franchise and then skipped town. Fuck him. The ship has been righted, and is heading in the right direction. PEACE.

So which 3-0 team this year is the Cardinals of last year? (Cards started 4-0, ended 5-11)

Bears probably.

Tbh, I don't think we're going to see that this year. Last year's Arizona offense was a special kind of bad only comparable to New Orleans historically bad defense -- the latter of which is only rivaled by this year's Washington Redskins. The only teams that face the greatest risk of having rough patches in the coming weeks are Seattle and Miami. Seattle is a much different animal at home than on the road, and Miami has a four week period of tough match ups separated in-between only by a home game against the Bills.

Kansas City has too good a defense for such an easy schedule, even if their offense is anemic at times; New England is New England, New Orleans has returned to form this year, Chicago is much better and Denver -- as of right now -- is about as complete a team there is in the AFC.

What amazes me more than the undefeated teams are the playoff contenders of last year that are struggling out of the gate.

Mrbob

Yeeeeeahhhhhhh Bears!! 1st in the North!!

Karen Fraudgers can't come back in the 4th Quarter but J Cutty can!

Let's all drink PBR and dock in each others foreskins! Wooot! PARTY!

#BEARDOWN

rmCqRKR.gif

Nice avi!

minx

Thought I would pass this along. I was watching the game with some co-workers tonight... So when he played for the Bears, Kyle Orton was arrested for disorderly conduct in the town we work in. He was wasted and ding dong ditching on random people's houses . always knew he was a degenerate.

Wasn't it FMT who made a big fucking deal about getting Chris Harper from us? He can't even get on the field even with all the shit receivers they're using.

Thought I would pass this along. I was watching the game with some co-workers tonight... So when he played for the Bears, Kyle Orton was arrested for disorderly conduct in the town we work in. He was wasted and ding dong ditching on random people's houses . always knew he was a degenerate.
Lol Orton.. Them voices!!!

Dammit Atlanta.

I trusted you! Now we have to beat you guys as well, it's only fair.

NFL.com really needs to stop with those video highlights voiced by that one guy all by himself. Cringeworthy throughout.

Qbs are special beasts. It's the same reason you don't touch them in practice, or make them tackle after a pic, or let them do selfless gestures as you are advocating. Didn't Jay get hurt trying to tackle on a pick? How did that season work out? Slide, get out of the way, live to fight another day.

you don't touch them in practice and you generally encourage them to slide or let the play run out, but then again, you don't want to lose a game by a touchdown and see that a pick six went all the way because your qb, who had an angle and was in position to make the play, pussed the fuck out.

and yeah, jay cutler suffered a freak thumb dislocation while trying to chase down an interception. i'd rather have a quarterback who is willing to make that touchdown-saving play, especially in big games, than one who isn't.

how can you ever have played in an athletic contest you gave a serious crap about winning and not understand why cutler didn't slide in that situation? not that he really had enough time to get a good slide in given the window between the first down marker and the defender. do you really not understand this part? the motivation doesn't make any sense to you? it's not like the dude never slides.

ShaneB

15 games for what? Other then Clarkson everyone else was on the ice for that shift. Clarkson will automatically get 10 games for leaving the bench.

And Phil the instigator? Did you miss where Scott went right after him? Doesn't excuse Phil swinging his stick but in no way was he near being an instigator there.

Phil was one instigator of many, so that was a broad statement, I'm just saying the league should dish out major suspensions and fines for that nonsense, on both sides.

Doomsayer

Anyone else getting the feeling that this is just going to be a really weird-ass year in the NFL? I know normally the saying is that you can pick out some good teams that you know are good, some bad teams you know are bad, and the majority are floating in the nebulous 6-to-10 win zone where anybody can beat anybody, but I feel like that middle ground is a lot larger this year than it used to be. If nothing else there's at least a lot of shifting in power going on, with the Giants and Steelers falling off the map, Miami somehow being undefeated, and the Browns trading their best player and starting a third string QB--and winning for it.

Plus, the Lions even won in Washington for the first time in ever. What the hell is going on this year?!

It feels like the bad teams are terribly bad and the two great teams are just leaps and bounds ahead of everyone.

Most divisions are going to be riddled with mediocre teams; 6-10, 7-9, and 8-8 will be common this year, I think.

Denver and Seattle are so far ahead of everyone its not even funny.

LycanXIII

I was at the Bengals/Packers game. Upper stadium was a vast majority of green. When the Go Pack Go chants got started, you couldn't hear anything else. There were about 6 of us Bengal fans in my section, so we got trash talked all game. I just wanted to watch the damn game. After the fumble though, they were dead quite. When the game was over they resulted to telling people to shut up when the trash talking was brought up.

All-in-all, much better than the Bengals/Dolphins game I went to last year.

Oh, and I saw Andy Dalton out with his wife at Cheddar's after the game too.

Hunter S.

Man I hate the Raiders not Chan. Raiders deserve all their hate by being the dirtiest most penaliesed team for decades. Over and over they tried to injure and were dirty. You just do not know .

Trasher

Plus, the Lions even won in Washington for the first time in ever. What the hell is going on this year?!

Almost didn't thanks to having no pictures in the first half!

The Lions were told before the game the machine to get sideline pictures was down and Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said “the whole first half we were flying blind.”

It wasn’t as big an issue in the second half because of an act of sportsmanship by Washington. The Redskins shared their pictures with Detroit.

“They shared their pictures in the second half,” Schwartz said. “They knew that we were at a (dis)advantage. They don’t have to in that situation but I thought it was a very sportsmanlike move and shows the class that they have.”

Pretty bummed that we lost Jason Jones for the year. :(

As a Bears fan, I know good running back performances when I see them.

I grew up as a little kiddie watching the great Walter Payton and my Pa told me all about Gayle Sayers and the greats that my Grampappy told him about too.

And when I look at this John Franklin kid, I says to myself, I says maybe, just maybe, if he works hard enough can he be a 3rd stringer on my Chicago Bears.

:jnc

I love you

Hunter S.

Denver will choke in the playoffs regardless of their regular season record.

Interested in the Cowboys season this year actually. They have swag.
If the cowboys make the playoffs brotha it will be because the rest of the NFC East sucks barely worst. Be honest it is all good.

Jeff-DSA

Even as a generally optimistic Dolphins fan, I underestimated them. Tannehill has taken nice strides as a passer. If he can just get better at feeling pressure, he could get much, much more efficient out there. Even with injury issues coming into the game, and more during, I thought it was amazing how they kept up with the Falcons blow for blow.

The Saints game should be a lot of fun. I'm still irritated at the loss we had to them with the fumble that was called a TD years ago. That one burned for a while because it was so blatant that the refs were just too prideful to overturn an obvious error on their part.

6a00d83451b26169e20120a6367739970b-pi

Yeah, ruled a touchdown.

squicken

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/61460172/

o summarize, the NFC East is 3-9, with two intra-division wins and five losses to non-division opponents who were below .500 last year. The division's most impressive win was the Cowboys' victory over the Rams on Sunday. It was dominating, but it is hard to describe just how unprepared the Rams looked. If we find out that the Rams discovered a time machine at the end of last week, accidently transported themselves back to 19th century China, spent two days in an opium den, got caught up in the Boxer Rebellion for a spell, got shipwrecked on the Paracel Islands for a day or two, then repaired their TARDIS and rematerialized at Cowboys Stadium eight minutes before kickoff, it would be a more logical explanation for their performance than "we were out-executed."

Tavon Austin the Playmaker is not a thing. Austin may someday become a dangerous Percy Harvin-type, but right now the Rams are game-planning to get him the ball in as little space as possible. The Rams opened the game in a two-tight end set with Austin as the lone running back, sending him plunging off tackle in an attempt to confuse the Cowboys by doing something horrendously idiotic. Austin gained three yards. He then caught six passes for 30 yards, the longest a nine-yarder, as the Rams fed him a series of short passes in front of zone coverage between the numbers.

Austin has two touchdowns this year but is averaging 6.6 yards per catch and 2.5 yards per rush, numbers better suited to a Vonta Leach-style fullback than a playmaker. (Leach is at 5.8 and 2.7, for the record). Neither Sam Bradford nor coordinator Brian Schottenheimer have figured out how to use an offensive weapon like Austin yet. The fact that we are unsure what offensive weapons they really DO know how to use is becoming more and more troubling.

Yep

i0AHMqkmCYsE8.gif

ChanHuk

Banned
Denver will choke in the playoffs regardless of their regular season record.

Interested in the Cowboys season this year actually. They have swag.

Cowboys have swag? Wtf no. They're one arrest from becoming bottom dwellers. Without Dez there's not much to fear on that Cowboys Offense. I do like Sean Lee though.

squicken

Coaching staff is doing the best to lay utter waste to the Rams season as early as possible.

Walton and Schotty, not to mention Fassel. All "performing" like scrubs.

That's the bummer. There's no silver lining. Nobody flashing skills. Quinn went back to the old Quinn that can't play the run. Jake Long got benched. Ogletree and Lauranitis caught every single block. They can't run or pass. List is endless of player performing poorly. The numbers get so high that there's no other conclusion beyond bad coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom