• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

Well Colts could barely beat the Raiders, so who knows . I still don't think we know how bad or good teams are.

Colts have a better quarterback and their play calling is vertical rather than horizontal. Acquiring Richardson makes them even more dangerous.

Texans should really be 0-3. It's physically painful for me to watch this team on offense. Them calling some dumbass loop screen play on 4th down sealed it for me. This horizontal pass game won't get you anywhere in the nfl. Kubiak been here 8 years. He won't change anything. Getting Shane lechler on this team might have actually been a backfire. Because he is an amazing punter it gives that big headed aggie on the sidelines even more incentive to throw the ball sideways on 3rd down.

Seahawks are going to run train on them boys this Sunday

LevelNth

Banned
Thoughts on the Niners/Colts:

We're in trouble. Week 1 is looking like a total misnomer in making us think that losing Crabs wasn't going to be as big a deal; it is a big deal, and we're suffering. Our WR corp is extremely subpar right now, and not having Vernon yesterday was brutal.

Kap is in the midst of a hard, hard slump as well, that I think our questionable playcalling is only making worse. I've never been a big fan of Roman, because for all of his genius and uniqueness, he often calls inexplicable change for the sake of change, and forces the pass in situations that don't require it (Eagles fans know what I'm talking here).

Also, our D... Ouch. Not only are the injuries mounting, but Aldon is likely gone for a month now, and thus our pass rush is going to be anemic. Without a pass rush, our major weakness, garbage corners, shows its ugly face. We need Lemonier and Brooks to step up huge.

Thursday is a must win to cull this avalanche. Must. Win.

Vyroxis

Banned
If Frazier doesnt bench Ponder before the next game, he deserves to be fired. The kid just cant learn and is crippling our offense.

Also, our defense is steaming shit. Holy hell can they not stop anything.

jmdajr

Colts have a better quarterback and their play calling is vertical rather than horizontal. Acquiring Richardson makes them even more dangerous.

Texans should really be 0-3. It's physically painful for me to watch this team on offense. Them calling some dumbass loop screen play on 4th down sealed it for me. This horizontal pass game won't get you anywhere in the nfl. Kubiak been here 8 years. He won't change anything. Getting Shane lechler on this team might have actually been a backfire. Because he is an amazing punter it gives that big headed aggie on the sidelines even more incentive to throw the ball sideways on 3rd down.

Seahawks are going to run train on them boys this Sunday

Meh, I'll wait till they lose to the Raiders to officially throw in the towel.

Spades

Meant to post this earlier this morning, but damn it's good to wake up on a Monday morning when you're 3-0!

Fully expecting defeat on MNF, but the future for the rest of the season (and beyond) is looking very bright for the Dolphins.

Bowser

Thoughts on the Niners/Colts:

We're in trouble. Week 1 is looking like a total misnomer in making us think that losing Crabs wasn't going to be as big a deal; it is a big deal, and we're suffering. Our WR corp is extremely subpar right now, and not having Vernon yesterday was brutal.

I remember FMT giving me shit in the offseason thread for suggesting that Kap might struggle without Crabbles. Who on the 9ers can stretch the field right now? Y'all could use Ginn as a deep threat; he's perfect for Cam and this offense giving Smitty and Olsen great room on underneath and intermediate routes.

So Giants Bros. We're kindred spirits! Why are you guys here in hell?

I was going to say last night to my Steelers-Bros that its group hug time. The aging and restocking support group meets every Sunday!

As to the why? Completely ignoring the offensive line for years has finally caught up to us. We don't have the horses along the defensive line to make up for the deficiencies and lack of talent in the secondary anymore and this team is soft as shit with very little will to win. They get punched in the mouth and slink back into a corner crying woe is me.

I think there is very little hope for this season. We'd be lucky to get 6 wins but yeah, we're much in the same position as the Steelers. We need to restock. Though I think if the season goes seriously sideways (i.e. 2-3 wins), the roster is going to get blown up.

Smokey

Meh, I'll wait till they lose to the Raiders to officially throw in the towel.

I gots no towels to throw bruh. But of they lose to the jags this year.. I may end up in jail

Also texans struggle mightily with mobile qbs so I wouldn't put my nose update the Raiders.

Bowser

Seen on Twitter: 2 years ago Heinz Field was destroyed in the Dark Knight and the Steelers haven't been the same since #thebaneeffect

:jnc

If Frazier doesnt bench Ponder before the next game, he deserves to be fired. The kid just cant learn and is crippling our offense.

Also, our defense is steaming shit. Holy hell can they not stop anything.

Our d can't get off the field on 3rd and long. It's crazy how many 1 st down we give up

Also turns to main in the last 2 minutes

bionic77

True. All the Steelers really need is a solid running game and the O-Line to start playing good.
We also need receivers who can catch, run routes, and not fumble.
Need a qb who doesn't fumble 3 times a game.
Need a defense (ours can't stop the run or pass).
Need a competent coaching staff.

So as you can see we are not far from turning it around!

P.S. You guys are horrible and eventually it is going to catch up to you this season.

Just saw a rumor on Twitter that Schiano might be in line to replace Mack Brown at Texas and that the wheels are already in motion.

Petrino 2.0?

No that is a fact.

Calling you a loser midget who lives in your mom's basement and will never amount to anything other than a fat dude who lives on disability is not nice.

Oh fuck, wait that is also true.

This is harder than I thought.

At least I have hair and balls.

and my team isnt worse than the Browns.

bionic77

At least I have hair and balls.

and my team isnt worse than the Browns.
Are you sure about that?

How can you be confident that you have something that you have never seen or used?

I can't really dispute anything else you said though. Man the Browns are going to destroy us this year. 13 years of pent up aggression and it is all going to come out. :(

jakncoke

Banned
A Browns win makes Monday feel so good.

One positive at not having a job in Ohio anymore. Steelers 0-3 and Browns 1-2.. In their eyes thats worth 3 sbs. Fucking crazies. So many around here would be perfectly find with a 2-14 season if it meant those 2 wins were against the Steelers

Why the hell would UT want Schiano?

Makes no sense to me.

Not criticizing you, I just can't imagine that happening.

SST Radio is reporting it. Their sources in Austin say it will likely by at the end of the year. I will laugh my ass off if it is true.

Texas fans hope for Saban, get Schiano instead. :jnc

Kiryu

q2D7SEm.png

cajunator

Banned
((((;゚Д゚)))))))

Oh my God... that's horrible! :(

I just dont know how a player wouldnt realize that part of their finger is broken off. I mean like when my cousin cut off the top of her finger in an ice grinding machine (snowball stand) she fucking KNEW IT immediately.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/1106/ryan-tannehill-excelled-vs-falcons-blitz

According to ESPN Stats and Info, Tannehill completed 15-of-18 passes for 155 yards against Atlanta’s blitz packages in Sunday's 27-23 victory for the Dolphins. His 83-percent completion rate against five or more pass-rushers was the second best of Tannehill's career.

Tannehill was under duress for most of the game. He was sacked five times and took some big shots. But Tannehill didn't get flustered and continued to stand tall in the pocket to make big throws. He also was 9-of-10 passing on third down and converted seven of those for first downs.

The Dolphins needed Tannehill most on the final drive of the game in the fourth quarter. Tannehill completed 9-of-12 passes during Miami’s 13-play, 75-yard drive that was capped with a 1-yard touchdown throw to rookie tight end Dion Sims.
Tannehill is putting this team on his back when it matters. Too bad he'll be dead in a few more weeks if the pass protection doesn't improve.

Nori Chan

We have won or lost our games literally in the last 30 seconds of the 4th quarter.

We can easily be 0-3 or 3-0. This team sucks balls.

now I know how dmz feels like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom