• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think offensive scheme has anything to do with how successful your team is?

What? Of course it does. I feel like you missed the entire point we were discussing. I could be a fan of a team with a million SBs and I would still enjoy watching QBs like RGIII and Kap play. It has nothing to do with the success or lack there of that my team has had. That was the only point. Lunchbox was being even dumber then usual.

Until the O-line gets fixed, nothing will improve. The games against teams with good D-lines (especially Cincy) are gonna be scary.

At this point, it's probably in the Browns' best interest to just tank and go all-out for one of the QBs in next year's class. None of the QBs on the current roster are the answer. Maybe Boyd, Bridgewater, or Manziel (*puke*) is.
Producing Brownwater for Bridgewater

MechDX

What? Of course it does. I feel like you missed the entire point we were discussing. I could be a fan of a team with a million SBs and I would still enjoy watching QBs like RGIII and Kap play. It has nothing to do with the success or lack there of that my team has had. That was the only point. Lunchbox was being even dumber then usual.

Its lunchbox. Make a comment about how awesome Michigan is and he disappears.

eznark

Banned

Gotcha. I enjoy Kap and Wilson because they are accurate passers who can read a defense (Kap less so on the reading part but I have no doubt he could probably eventually get there). Guys like Vick and RGIII who are all athleticism and instinct and no accuracy or intelligence are annoying as fuck to watch.

Gotcha. I enjoy Kap and Wilson because they are accurate passers who can read a defense (Kap less so on the reading part but I have no doubt he could probably eventually get there). Guys like Vick and RGIII who are all athleticism and instinct and no accuracy or intelligence are annoying as fuck to watch.

I definitely agree with you there. The last 2 years especially have been really painful to watch Vick. At least this year he hasnt forced and passes and ran into 3 guys while holding the ball out away from his body. I am sure it is coming though. I thought that RGIII was really accurate last year but maybe I am remembering wrong.

Lunchbox

Banned
your team plays read option
you enjoy that trash
your team can't beat San Diego or win anything

what does enjoyment have to do with running a successful offense? Vick enjoyed dog wwe doesn't mean he was right. a lot of things can bring you "enjoyment" doesn't mean it's successful or should be encouraged. read option is bum fuck scrambles and hope for the best offense to accommodate low skills qbs that can run. of course Philly fans like that trash, but don't get sandy when other fans of successful teams with complex offenses make fun of it

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Producing Brownwater for Bridgewater

Yeah he looks hot to me.

But speaking of the O-line I'll say it again...who the fuck knew Shawn Lauvao was so important to our O-line? Our pass protection was solid as fuck last year but this year it's gone to shit with the only difference being lack of Lauvao.

cdyhybrid

you enjoy that trash

what does enjoyment have to do with running a successful offense? Vick enjoyed dog wwe doesn't mean he was right. a lot of things can bring you "enjoyment" doesn't mean it's successful or should be encouraged. read option is bum fuck scrambles and hope for the best offense to accommodate low skills qbs that can run. of course Philly fans like that trash, but don't get sandy when other fans of successful teams with complex offenses make fun if it

Would an offense that is centered around overthrowing Wes Welker be considered complex?

eznark

Banned
I definitely agree with you there. The last 2 years especially have been really painful to watch Vick. At least this year he hasnt forced and passes and ran into 3 guys while holding the ball out away from his body. I am sure it is coming though. I thought that RGIII was really accurate last year but maybe I am remembering wrong.

He wasn't asked to make a lot of tight throws or throws into space of any kind really. Most of his reads were safety bites so he had an over/under read across the middle of the field which any QB will tell you is the easiest throw to make in football.

Cam falls in between. Two years ago I thought he was progressing kind of well and starting to layer more and more into the offense but last year that seemed like a big regression. Same thing happened with Freeman. I guess coaches decided to retard their growth instead of let them make a bunch of bad reads which is a shame. If you listen to Aikman talk his first couple interception-laden years were more important to his development than anything else in his entire life. You gotta let young QB's fail sometimes.

you enjoy that trash

what does enjoyment have to do with running a successful offense? Vick enjoyed dog wwe doesn't mean he was right. a lot of things can bring you "enjoyment" doesn't mean it's successful or should be encouraged. read option is bum fuck scrambles and hope for the best offense to accommodate low skills qbs that can run. of course Philly fans like that trash, but don't get sandy when other fans of successful teams with complex offenses make fun if it

Maybe you should ask your mommy and daddy you buy you an education since no one said anything about read options offenses being successful or not. Mech said he didnt like watching those offenses and I said I did. That was it. Maybe the Pats coaches could spend less time making their offense so complex and more time figuring out a way to beat the mighty Flacco, or Eli. Your adopted team hasnt won shit since the league took the cameras away, so you can post as much as you want about the Pats being successful, but we all know the truth.

squicken

The hatred for sacks among football statheads is as bizarre to me as the hatred for walks among baseball seamheads. It's hilarious that it's the opposite sides of the spectrum with the illogical views for the two sports.

I see their point. I've watched guys like Alex Smith and Blaine Gabbert take sacks that were clearly the fault of bad QB play. I've seen Tannehill and Romo get blasted b/c their guards totally whiffed on rushing DT. And Rodgers and Ben hold the ball and look for something deep and not get it, a sort of middle ground.

I like the stats guys. Read their stuff, but I never take it as gospel. QBR probably bothers me the most now that everyone just ignores passer rating. It's why I love having the coaches tape. Seeing the coverage and routes run is needed context for what happens in the pocket

eznark

Banned
Wait, who are you reading that ignores passer rating? I can't think of any non-ESPN person I've ever read or heard that referenced QBR with anything but scorn.

Fantomex

Fantomessican, wanna go with me to the Best Buy to buy a 5s? Or are you too poor?

I got meetings tomorrow so I can't go. I'm hoping to get one after work tomorrow but I know it's impossible.

I found Lunchbox on the internet.

3sxqme.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
Maybe you should ask your mommy and daddy you buy you an education since no one said anything about read options offenses being successful or not. Mech said he didnt like watching those offenses and I said I did. That was it. Maybe the Pats coaches could spend less time making their offense so complex and more time figuring out a way to beat the mighty Flacco, or Eli. Your adopted team hasnt won shit since the league took the cameras away, so you can post as much as you want about the Pats being successful, but we all know the truth.

of course you didn't mention the success of read option, why would you? it doesn't have any. it's for 0 success teams for Philly and their scummy fans who boo their own team

but it's ok for teams to do that and waste everyone's time because YOU enjoy it. right. well I enjoyed myself when Brady stood still in the pocket without running around like one of Vicks dogs and shot lasers to branch in 2005 making every beagles lifelongs watch their teams only window of winning anything in their lifetime getting milked away. you enjoy watching dog shit offense and I enjoy rubbing my self with Terrell Owens' tears

Sacks are more about separating experience from non experience rather than the sack itself. Oft sacked young QBs get gun shy and jittery but Ben and Rodgers take one and it just adds to their total.

Colasante

I predicted MJD to the Colts last week and it still makes a ton of sense for both sides, regardless of the paucity of intradivisional trades. The only problem there is that MJD is currently injured and it's unlikely Grigson will trade for an RB when it's unclear when he'll even be back. Otherwise, Mikel Leshoure makes a lot of sense, but that would fail to qualify as a monster trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom