• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Browns traded Trent? lol. Where is your god now other Browns Gaf?

Oh, Browns. I will never stop loving you.
Kinda funny because when I saw that Irsay tweet, I was kinda hoping inside it was for Trent honestly.....

I will celebrate the Trent Truck tonight, here's to go bud!
toast-beer.jpg

rando14

Eh, I don't think TGS will cause that big a stir outside the Sony conference. Or if Persona 5 gets announced, I guess.

Edit: whoa, didn't realize Sony conference happening tonight.

if they announce persona 5 i will lose my shit. its been, what, 5 years? fuuucckkk

Gobias

Banned
Kinda funny because when I saw that Irsay tweet, I was kinda hoping inside it was for Trent honestly.....

I will celebrate the Trent Truck tonight, here's to go bud!

Were you starting to lose your lust for Trent?

I will always remain a semi-hater until he proves me wrong. Hoyer/Ogbonnaya fututre!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Adam Schefter said:
Trent Richardson joins DL John Matuszak as only players since NFL merger to be drafted Top-3, then play for another team the following year.
AKA the guy who played Sloth in The Goonies. Interesting stat made even better.

Were you starting to lose your lust for Trent?

I will always remain a semi-hater until he proves me wrong. Hoyer/Ogbonnaya fututre!
I actually was, burst just wasn't what I expected/wanted. And we were taking him out on 3rd downs. He's starting to seem like more of a grinder at Rb to me now.
........time to go compile a Rb draft list ....

Godslay

Banned
What percent of first rounders pan out to justify the value of the pick? I keep hearing the value of it, but they traded an unknown value for a known value with huge upside. They now have Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, TY Hilton, and Vick Ballard.... All just in their second years.

The more I think about it, the more I love it.

Well, that known/unknown truly depends on the pick. The unknown pick could very well have a huge upside as well. So that's no really something to differentiate the two in my mind.

What I feel is what makes the value of Trent overrated at this point is that he's had one okay year, and I think you could find someone deeper in the draft that could match his output. They might not have his huge upside (that may never be realized), and you risk less by taking these guys. A 2nd or 3rd round pick is still significant, but at least with your first rounders you can take positions that are more important. RBs still belong in the game obviously, but they are less important (in my eyes), and less deserving of a first round pick than other positions.

I do like the balls of Irsay to go for it, and it does make the team better, but let's say he has a 1000 yd, 12 TD season. Was it worth a first round pick? I don't think I could justify it. Then again that first round pick might be a huge bust. Really it's gambling to a degree, so we won't know right away who got the better of the trade. At this point, unless Trent absolutely takes off, we will just have to wait and see who does what.

As a sidenote, first rounders pan out more often than any other round (I need to find this chart someday, it exists can't remember where I found it).

Furyous

*EDIT*

Can we fire Mike Lombardi tonight? I'll drive him to the airport. Let me get this straight: We start Brian over JC, trade Trent and now we add JRussell? There's not a buffet big enough to hold JRuss. JRuss will miss games because of his food addiction. That fat fuck will skip workouts for cookouts and end up watching games from Applebees.

I'm almost speechless at Lombardi's ineptitude.

Gobias

Banned
I really don't mind the trade. Trent has shown he has no real burst and mediocre vision. Even when there's a big hole he won't be able to take it to the second level. Yes, he has shit talent around him, but a top 3 pick and top running back should still be able to perform better.

Just give me dat Bridgewater (please don't stay in school) and a WR to replace Little and I'll be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom