• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
in2WmF2KhOFvP.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79682681&postcount=61

lazycat.gif

ToxicAdam

I was shocked at first, but it makes sense.

The Browns have so many holes on offense (no WR, no QB, some aging OL) that it doesn't make sense to have your only asset wasting his prime years away on a rebuilding team. It's not like Richardson is the second coming of Adrian Petersen. He's just a guy that might string together a few decent seasons and then be out of the league by 2017.

cajunator

Banned
I really don't mind the trade. Trent has shown he has no real burst and mediocre vision. Even when there's a big hole he won't be able to take it to the second level. Yes, he has shit talent around him, but a top 3 pick and top running back should still be able to perform better.

Just give me dat Bridgewater (please don't stay in school) and a WR to replace Little and I'll be good.

Yeah hes pretty much like Mark Ingram, which is to say not very useful for a first round pick.
Fuck Alabama in every way possible.

Fantomex

I really admire you Browns fans. You great people are like an ancient civilization that has faced famine, poverty, plagues, wars and poverty, yet you still remain hopeful. Where others would start to curse the four winds, slit their wrists or go live in the wilderness in shame, you guys can just turn any negative into a positive. Maybe it's because you have experienced so many attrocities during your history has given you the power of resiliency during the most adverse of situations. I have written a poem in your honor.

Yay though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death
It's better than being a Cleveland Browns fan. Trust me.

Fantomex

Now continue calling in to the AM radio stations and talk about Hoyers upside. This pleases me.

Apprently this sign is/was in the Browns War room

"We will be BOLD"
"We will have a CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL QB"
"We will great in both the LINES"
"We will be a TOTAL TEAM"
"We will all do our JOBS"
There's a pic but don't want post it.
Keep posting all the dirt. Typical team move when they make a trade like this. Leak all the crap about the guy
It's from the Chicago tribune, and a Mary Kay retweet haha.

So this means Alex Mack will be leaving at the end of the year, right? Because Detroit could use a Center when Dom retires.....

I feel like I can laugh at the Browns, but shouldn't. It doesn't get any better Browns fans. Just try and keep hope alive with your pretty good defense

Keeping with the Browns related talk:

Bill Barnwell said:
When Tom Brady has thrown to Danny Amendola on third down, he has picked up seven of eight conversions. When he's throwing to everybody else, he's 8-for-30 (26.7 percent). In other words, when Brady hasn't been throwing to Amendola, he's picked up first downs at a worse rate than Brandon Weeden (31.5 percent) in 2012. Gulp.

So this means Alex Mack will be leaving at the end of the year, right? Because Detroit could use a Center when Dom retires.....

I feel like I can laugh at the Browns, but shouldn't. It doesn't get any better Browns fans. Just try and keep hope alive with your pretty good defense
Before this trade there was already speculation we weren't going to resign him. Time will tell though, if we do lose him what kind pick compensation do you think we can get?!

squicken

Before this trade there was already speculation we weren't going to resign him. Time will tell though, if we do lose him what kind pick compensation do you think we can get?!

The formula for compensation is complex, but generally, the more the player signs for the more compensation you get. If he gets big money, probably a 3rd round pick. But I think that pick comes in the 2015 draft

Fantomex

I think its leftover from when Bron was still there.

Hesitant running style? Isn't he known to be a bruiser?

I think what they meant to imply is that he doesn't know when to cut or redirect. Which is fair, but at the same time, they never open any holes for him, where is he supposed to redirect to?

lol

squicken

I think its leftover from when Bron was still there.

Hesitant running style? Isn't he known to be a bruiser?

I've never been impressed but don't watch much Browns football. Another piece:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ck-for-trent-richardson-no-brainer-for-browns

One exec I respect deeply, who has watched Richardson closely during his brief NFL career, expressed his initial reaction to this deal: "The Colts panicked. A first-round pick? I don't believe it."

A scout who did plenty of work on Richardson was flabbergasted by the deal: "Weird trade by Indy," he sent via text. "A first for an adequate back with injury issues? They could get that player next year in the mid to late rounds. Get an adequate dude for a later pick. Everyone has depth at that position."

One GM asked who the Browns were going to go with at running back, and I explained they were bringing in free agent Willis McGahee. His response: "Why didn't the Colts do that first before giving up a 1?"

Richardson should benefit from the Colts' passing attack and safeties no longer able to crash freely into the box, but in Cleveland he was a 3.5 yard per carry guy. He never showed the ability to beat people in the open field. He was not explosive. He had two runs over 20 yards. He was indecisive. He looked more like a plodder than a feature back. Maybe all of that is due to the cast around him and the lack of a passing game, but never have running backs been more interchangeable than in this era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom