• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
tumblr_m3z3a3AiFA1rody9mo1_400.gif

This has easily been the WORST year of watching sports for me ever.

Haslam is a crook, this, Leafs have the biggest choke in the entire world, Blue Jays start off as world series favourites and end as one of the worst teams in the league, Raptors trade a fucking first round pick for Kyle fucking Lowry and have now become so good at being mediocre they won't even get to come close to drafting Wiggins.

Go ahead laugh at me, avatar quote me, do all that shit you normally do. I really don't care anymore.

Maybe this will pan out in the future but right now I really have no more optimism for anything sports related.

I'm done.
This is what happens when you turn your back on Colt McCoy

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
come on NFL network, you're better than this.

They just had Heath Evans and Willie Mcginest, one of them said last years draft class is already one of the best ever. Of course they both loved the move for the Colts.

Trey

I'd even argue that AP isn't worth a 1st. How many playoff games have the Vikes won since they drafted him? He's a helluva RB, no doubt, but RBs don't win you championships. They're a distraction in today's NFL, a way to keep the defense honest enough that your franchise QB can open up the middle of the field for a diva WR.

An RB of Adrian Peterson's caliber is absolutely worth a first round pick. Nothing wins you championships on its own; that's an asinine statement to make.

cdyhybrid

1) A running back is not worth the #3 pick unless he is AD caliber and you plan to use him as such.

2) I know it sucks Kave, but this is probably better for the team in the long term. This season probably won't be very fun, though.

3) Sherm was rightfully named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. Eat your heart out squicken!

Godslay

Banned
An RB of Adrian Peterson's caliber is absolutely worth a first round pick. Nothing wins you championships on its own; that's an asinine statement to make.

Elite QB can get you pretty close on his own. One position that truly raises all boats.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
With the Colts pick the Browns could draft Johnny Manzeil in the latter part of the first round.

Carls voice from Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Johnny Football to Clevland...stone cold lock of the year.

Edit: Also how does the against the spread pickem work, I'm just guessing

A pick for the favorite means that the favorite needs to win by at least as many points as the spread.

e.g. the spread for Pats-Bucs is 7.5, with the Pats as the favorite. If you pick the Pats, you're picking that the Pats win by at least 8 points.

mr2xxx

Banned
I'd even argue that AP isn't worth a 1st. How many playoff games have the Vikes won since they drafted him? He's a helluva RB, no doubt, but RBs don't win you championships. They're a distraction in today's NFL, a way to keep the defense honest enough that your franchise QB can open up the middle of the field for a diva WR.

A elite back in the first rd is worth it due to the new contracts rookies get. If a team like Denver got AP type talent in the first instead of Ball or Moreno type talent then Broncos would be the most feared offense in the past 20 years easily. The key is you need an elite QB though.

Also RBs aren't really worth it when you have to pay them when thier second contract comes up though. Normally they are already declining in production yet making top 5 money. You are better off putting that money towards another position that isn't plentiful in talent the way RBs are.

In one day browns
Bench Little
Named hoyer starter
Traded Trich

Quite the eventful day, and I ain't even mad.
Edit: Fox is going hard at us right now, I'm gonna have to go on full attack mode on him. Jets have a lot of LOL material so shouldn't be to hard. We'll never forget buttfumble.

squicken

One of the biggest misnomers of fans and media is that WRs don't matter. Or that a great QB can take a bunch of okay WRs and put up a lot of points. If you can draft a true X-iso WR like Dez/Megatron/Andre Johnson, that's the best thing you can do for a young QB. That's what CLE will do. Their own first for the QB, and the Colts pick for the WR

Tom Penny

One of the biggest misnomers of fans and media is that WRs don't matter. Or that a great QB can take a bunch of okay WRs and put up a lot of points. If you can draft a true X-iso WR like Dez/Megatron/Andre Johnson, that's the best thing you can do for a young QB. That's what CLE will do. Their own first for the QB, and the Colts pick for the WR

That theory worked out great for Joey Harrington and the Lions...

I'm just glad the Colts got better right in time to beat the Niners.

FMT, enjoy the wonders that are the Stick in its final year, but the game will disappoint.

TRENT LUCK
TRENT LUCK
TRENT LUCK

cajunator

Banned
not that bad really. I mean it's bad, but not terrible. 4th 5th and 7th to move up one spot. weeden was the dumber move

also first reaction video of some dude burning some of his browns stuff outside of what looks like a manufactured home. kinda sad.

http://www.wtam.com/articles/wtam-l...-browns-fan-burns-memorabilia-after-11665935/

Fuck that guy.
Especially if he becomes a fan of a former divisional rival. Cannot stand people like that. Pick a team and stick with them NO MATTER WHAT.

jbug617

Banned
The only Browns trade I felt was a mistake was the Julio Jones trade but he probably would of been wasted there.

It was better just to blow it up and start over. I hope Lombardi is the right man for the job.

Look at it like this, we got a 1st for a Rb we weren't even using on 3rd downs. And for all we know that 1st could be in the teens.

All I know is, the "best offensive player" on the team hasn't had a 100 yard game yet, failed to break 50 yards twice already.

Yeah it sucks to see him go, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Hoyer can do. He can't do any worse than Weeden who's already lost twice. Deep draft incoming, will be real exciting then.

Hope Trent Truck can actually Trent Truck in Indy!

The only Browns trade I felt was a mistake was the Julio Jones trade but he probably would of been wasted there.

It was better just to blow it up and start over. I hope Lombardi is the right man for the job.

Oh yeah. There's no doubt in my mind he'd be injured already or miserable with Weeden not being able to get him the ball.

Wait hold on. The Browns actually traded away the Trent Truck? The one they drafted third overall last year?

What the fuck is wrong with you Browns?

I'm sorry for my Browns bro's who really liked the guy :(

Wait hold on. The Browns actually traded away the Trent Truck? The one they drafted third overall last year?

Different regime, injured all last year (even if he played) Deep draft next year, they want their guy. I'm sure Willis Mcgahee can average Trent's 3.5 just the same.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Holy shit what a move for the colts... My fantasy team should get an upgrade with the pressure being taken off trent. He should have a lot more goal line opportunities, play big in the passing game, and have an easier time running against a box that isn't stacked.

Tom Penny

My argument isn't that QBs don't matter, or that WRs are not complimentary pieces. My argument is that the compliment is undervalued

When elite WR start getting their teams to the promise land without basically elite QB's throwing to them they will stop being undervalued. It hasn't happened in a decade or so. I don't recall the last time it has.

Bowser

Per PFT:

According to Mark Schwab of CBS-19 and 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, Richardson said a friend called him asking if he’d been traded. He told his friend to “shut up” and hung up the phone, but when he turned on his radio he learned that he had, in fact, been dealt to the Colts.

:jnc

Haslam is a crook, this, Leafs have the biggest choke in the entire world, Blue Jays start off as world series favourites and end as one of the worst teams in the league, Raptors trade a fucking first round pick for Kyle fucking Lowry and have now become so good at being mediocre they won't even get to come close to drafting Wiggins.

Go ahead laugh at me, avatar quote me, do all that shit you normally do. I really don't care anymore.

Maybe this will pan out in the future but right now I really have no more optimism for anything sports related.

I'm done.

I'm sorry, brother

tumblr_lk8l08m3IH1qffn17o1_400.gif

eznark

Banned

I'm done.

Kessel'd

I think we should just all Blame this on Norv Turner, nobody likes him.

Not even his parents.

That's why they named him Norval

Apologies to anybody else on this server named Norval. Not because that's your name, but because you have something in common with Norv Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom