• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Shit Fuck Cock Damnit

Fucking foot injuries.

*lights penis on fire*

Don't worry guys, you don't have to be stuck rooting for an aging and injury-prone team. There is a light in the darkness, you just need to open your eyes.

EtGBIeD.jpg

Tabris

I really wish we played the Seahawks during the regular season this year.

a) It's a 2 hour drive.
b) To shut up now over-confident Seahawks fans :)

squicken

I really hate getting my hopes up, but it seems we'll have a good chance at taking down Atl.

Phins have a much better chance than STL b/c you have corners that will press. The strength of the Rams is the front 4, but playing off and allowing quick throws negates that.

Tabris

I certainly wouldn't want to have to face our D with playoff Peyton either.

I love you Broncos-Age

You mean the playoff Peyton who won 1 SB and almost won another? That's still something. The Colts had the worst coach ever after Dungy too.

Honestly I can't hate on Seahawks fans either. We'll bond over our mutual hate for 49ers.

Phins have a much better chance than STL b/c you have corners that will press. The strength of the Rams is the front 4, but playing off and allowing quick throws negates that.
The problem is Carroll and Jimmy Wilson are not good DB's. At all. If Patterson is back and healthy it helps a lot (and Davis the rookie would be nice also) but Carroll or Wilson on any of the top three WR's for Atlanta is a huge mismatch. Also, Grimes' height could hurt him against Jones and/or Roddy.

The problem is Carroll and Jimmy Wilson are not good DB's. At all. If Patterson is back and healthy it helps a lot (and Davis the rookie would be nice also) but Carroll or Wilson on any of the top three WR's for Atlanta is a huge mismatch.

They should just follow STL's blueprint and single cover Julio.

Problem is at least with Nolan Carrol is that he'll have really boneheaded plays that are really costly (TDs), we really need Patterson back and we need to prove that we can control the TEs which is what Ireland payed Ellerbee and Wheeler all that money for but so far I don't see it. Anyways these injuries are something we absolutely need to take advantage of, I hope it's at least a close game and we don't get burned for 21+ in the first half, I don't think this offense can show up to a shootout, at least not yet.

So does Denver need to fear anything about Pryor throwing the ball or should we just load 8 in the box and make sure he doesn't run wild?

squicken

Yup. I don't think it'll be easy, ESPECIALLY if our secondary is still garbage.

We have to come and just sling the damn ball around. The offensive line has been really solid thus far, and I think Bradford has enough weapons. Aggressive play calling please.

It's so depressing. Fisher said yesterday in his press conference he doesn't believe in no huddle unless it's at the end of the games. Said he doesn't want to give a guy like Ryan more possessions. He's a defensive coach. He wants to shorten the game. So short passes to get first downs and avoid turnovers. They just aren't going to throw deep unless it's off play action shot plays because then there might be third and long. He wants to manage the clock like it's still ground and pound, only using short passes to go along with a run game he doesn't have

eznark

Banned
It's so depressing. Fisher said yesterday in his press conference he doesn't believe in no huddle unless it's at the end of the games. Said he doesn't want to give a guy like Ryan more possessions. He's a defensive coach. He wants to shorten the game. So short passes to get first downs and avoid turnovers. They just aren't going to throw deep unless it's off play action shot plays because then there might be third and long. He wants to manage the clock like it's still ground and pound, only using short passes to go along with a run game he doesn't have

That's a function of a lack of trust in Bradford as anything else.

Fantomex

Miami just needs to Play Jordan on every single down and blitz all day. And hang up Playoff banners during the game so Matt Ryan gets scared.

Bowser

This is the same way moRon runs the Panthers offense. Just ultra conservative and plodding. It's no coincidence that when we ran the 2 min drill at the end of the first half, Cam orchestrated a 90 yard TD drive. Cam is best suited in an up-tempo, no huddle offense that allows him to make 2-3 quick reads and use his legs to extend plays. But moRon and Shula seem intent on fitting a square peg into round hole and trying to mold Cam into this Tom Brady-esque pocket passer. It's fucking frustrating as hell.

ChanHuk

Banned
So does Denver need to fear anything about Pryor throwing the ball or should we just load 8 in the box and make sure he doesn't run wild?

Pryor still can't make decisions to save his life. Jags loaded 8 in the box and isolated Pryor it worked for the until the Raiders got their run game going. Speaking of which Raiders are 1st in the NFL in rushing and tied for 1st with sacks. Amazing. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

eznark

Banned
This is the same way moRon runs the Panthers offense. Just ultra conservative and plodding. It's no coincidence that when we ran the 2 min drill at the end of the first half, Cam orchestrated a 90 yard TD drive. Cam is best suited in an up-tempo, no huddle offense that allows him to make 2-3 quick reads and use his legs to extend plays. But moRon and Shula seem intent on fitting a square peg into round hole and trying to mold Cam into this Tom Brady-esque pocket passer. It's fucking frustrating as hell.

lolol, Cam doesn't make 2-3 reads in a quarter much less a single play.

Colasante

While they're unlucky with their own injuries, the Patriots continue to have good luck when it comes to their opponents. Dashon Goldson is suspended week three and now the Falcons will be without Biermann, Witherspoon, and Jackson in week four, not to mention that Roddy White is gimping his way down the field. If the rookie receivers can grow some hands within the next couple of days, those two games could be there for the taking.

jhendrix

Banned
Dear god this sucks to be a Falcons fan

Yesterday we put Ewing and Biermann on IR our starting FB and starting DE

Today Weatherspoon is put on IR DTR he is our starting LB and Steven Jackson will be out 4 weeks. Roddy White and Asante Samuel are still injured and barely playing, Our Oline is in shambles and Ryan will not survive much longer with how bad they are.

We've lost 4 starters in the last 48 hrs, and half our team is banged up and injured and it is only week 2.

We are screwed.

Hunter S.

The only fear I got is they get cocky and do not play as hard as they can. If they are at full octane the Raiders should look pretty bad.

eznark

Banned
What do you propose he does in that situation, squicken? He looks like he is a step away from getting sacked and his only option to keep the play alive is dumb it to a receiver who needs to make one man miss for a first.

DSmalls84

Today Weatherspoon is put on IR DTR he is our starting LB and Steven Jackson will be out 4 weeks. Roddy White and Asante Samuel are still injured and barely playing, Our Oline is in shambles and Ryan will not survive much longer with how bad they are.

We've lost 4 starters in the last 48 hrs, and half our team is banged up and injured and it is only week 2.

We are screwed.

Yeah definitely not feeling great about this season anymore. Our o line is pretty terrible and it looks like the Saints will probably take the division this year. Now I think we will be lucky to grab a wild card spot.

Zeke

Did Kap shave his eyebrow off already? Damn you FMT you see what happens when your 9ers fail to put the seachickens in their place. I will say they aren't nearly as bad as aint fans were

Fox318

What do you propose he does in that situation, squicken? He looks like he is a step away from getting sacked and his only option to keep the play alive is dumb it to a receiver who needs to make one man miss for a first.

How many receivers were past the line of scrimmage?

Seems like a bad play when he has only 1 target to throw to.

jakncoke

Banned
Im all for making fun of Jason Checkdown. But in that play iirc the line failed horribly and he had little choice but to under hand toss it to that dude. Although one has to wonder why he was there on a 4th and 10 idk. But yeah on that play Jason Checkdown didnt have much of a choice really. It was that or run out of bounds which is even worse

jhendrix

Banned
I'm not really sure what to think going into the Falcons game, I'm interested in hearing some thoughts from Falcons-GAF.

The first major concern is obviously the Falcons passing attack. If Will Davis and/or Dmitri Patterson don't return to the lineup for this game Jimmy Wilson and Nolan Carroll will again get extended playing time, which is downright terrifying considering the Falcons WR corps (probably the best in the league, in my opinion). Gonzalez is of course a factor as always, and Jackson out of the backfield will be a concern as well, especially since Ellerbee has not looked great in coverage this season.

From what I've seen it looks like the Falcons offensive tackles have been struggling, so hopefully that pattern continues and Matt Ryan finds himself on his back quite a few times during the game (screw Matt Ryan, by the way). I'm looking for Jordan to be involved more in this game than the first two and it'd also be nice to see Wake rack up a few more sacks.

In terms of rushing I think Jackson will have a pretty good game against Miami's D. After two games I'm starting to feel that while Ellerbee and Wheeler are an upgrade at LB overall they are not quite as good as Dansby and Burnett at stopping the run, as they tend to chase down tackles as opposed to stopping plays at the point of attack. Regardless, I can't see this being a huge factor either way, as Atlanta's passing attack is really the major concern.

On the other side of the ball it's mostly going to come down to whether or not Tannehill can get time to pass. I like how the Dolphins WR's and TE's match up against Atlanta's secondary (which seems to be struggling somewhat if the numbers are any indication) but if the pass protection doesn't improve it won't really matter. If Tannehill plays as sharp as he has the first two weeks and he gets time to pass he could put up some monster numbers.

I have no idea what to expect from Miami's running game as they've been very inconsistent and I also don't know how good Atlanta has been at stopping the run. I don't expect this to be much of a factor either way, though.

I'm looking forward to the game but I don't have high hopes. I think this is the week the Dolphins come back down to reality a bit so I'll predict Falcons by 10 or so.

As a Falcons fan let me reassure you we are fucked and Miami will win. We have so many injuries right now that we may end up 6-10 this year.

Jackson is out 2-4 weeks, Snelling and Quiz will get his carries but they are not nearly as good. Watcha Rookie we have named Vaughn who was a beast in pre season. Our Oline is trash and without a running game Miami will be able to tee off on Ryan. Ryan is awesome and will connect with Julio to make it maybe interesting for 1 QTR but eventually that will not be enough.

Our defense just lost Bierman and Weatherspoon who were two of our best defensive players. Our dline is light and finesse based which means they get pushed around alot. We will be playing 2 rookie LB's alot Bartu and Worrilow who are very impressive but are still rookie's and were not even drafted but showed up big time in pre season.
The only birght side is our secondary who are also young. Trufant, Alford and Mcclain have looked amazing and pretty much shut down Brees in week one and player really well last week.

In short Miami will be facing a Falcons team at 40% strength due to injuries and will crush us. I just pray that Ryan does not get horribly injured because of our crappy oline.

We are screwed.

Sucks to have a bunch of injuries but better to have them in week 2 then the playoffs. Falcons will make the playoffs for sure, so they just need to get healthy by then.

jhendrix

Banned
The Falcons will have Snelling as the main back since Jackson is out. Massaquoi will replace Biermann. And Dent will replace Weatherspoon.

I guess we will have to score 31 in the first half and 7 in the second, then cross our fingers.

Bartu will replace Weatherspoon, Dent is our starting MLB. Worrilow will also get alot of playing time

Bartu and Worrilow were rookie UDFA's but both have been playing like 1st rounders since pre season. However they are still rookies and we are still fucked this year with all the injuries.

Talon

Oh, these new Falcons fans are amusing.

Biermann is average as fuck. Change his name to Will Overstreet or Chauncey Davis and nobody would know the difference.

Spoon hurts for sure, but, of course, I've been shitting on him since day one. He's our best cover linebacker so that will be a struggle.

Worrilow hasn't seen the field on defense yet. What the hell are you talking about?

Nicholas, Dent and Bartu will be in the mix. Dent played well in Nickel against the Saints, surprisingly.

This is an offensive team - there have been no qualms about that. The gameplan for the past two years has been score a bunch of points and let the secondary make plays. That doesn't change.

Let's not pretend like Weatherspoon was some sort of one man wrecking crew. William Moore is the most important defensive player on this team. Then Babineaux, Spoon and Osi.
Bartu will replace Weatherspoon, Dent is our starting MLB. Worrilow will also get alot of playing time

Bartu and Worrilow were rookie UDFA's but both have been playing like 1st rounders since pre season. However they are still rookies and we are still fucked this year with all the injuries.
:jnc

Drink that Kool Aid.

Bowser

Oh, these new Falcons fans are amusing.

Biermann is average as fuck. Change his name to Will Overstreet or Chauncey Davis and nobody would know the difference.

Spoon hurts for sure, but, of course, I've been shitting on him since day one. He's our best cover linebacker so that will be a struggle.

Worrilow hasn't seen the field on defense yet. What the hell are you talking about?

Nicholas, Dent and Bartu will be in the mix. Dent played well in Nickel against the Saints, surprisingly.

This is an offensive team - there have been no qualms about that. The gameplan for the past two years has been score a bunch of points and let the secondary make plays. That doesn't change.

Let's not pretend like Weatherspoon was some sort of one man wrecking crew. William Moore is the most important defensive player on this team. Then Babineaux, Spoon and Osi.

I think it's more of a problem that your defense already sucked dick and these injures aren't helping matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom