• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Falcons fan let me reassure you we are fucked and Miami will win. We have so many injuries right now that we may end up 6-10 this year.

Jackson is out 2-4 weeks, Snelling and Quiz will get his carries but they are not nearly as good. Watcha Rookie we have named Vaughn who was a beast in pre season. Our Oline is trash and without a running game Miami will be able to tee off on Ryan. Ryan is awesome and will connect with Julio to make it maybe interesting for 1 QTR but eventually that will not be enough.

Our defense just lost Bierman and Weatherspoon who were two of our best defensive players. Our dline is light and finesse based which means they get pushed around alot. We will be playing 2 rookie LB's alot Bartu and Worrilow who are very impressive but are still rookie's and were not even drafted but showed up big time in pre season.
The only birght side is our secondary who are also young. Trufant, Alford and Mcclain have looked amazing and pretty much shut down Brees in week one and player really well last week.

In short Miami will be facing a Falcons team at 40% strength due to injuries and will crush us. I just pray that Ryan does not get horribly injured because of our crappy oline.
All of the injury news has been pretty surprising to me, that really sucks for you guys. Like yankeehater said though, the Falcons shouldn't have much trouble making the playoffs and as long as you're healthy then it'll be alright.

The Dolphins have shown some good things so far this season but they are still a young team that is learning how to win. I don't see them crushing anyone, and as long as Matt Ryan is on the field with Julio, Douglas, and Gonzalez healthy I think the Falcons have a better shot at winning.

I thought the Dolphins would tee off on Luck this past weekend but that cobbled together o-line held its own surprisingly well, and when it didn't Luck did what he had to to make up for it most of the time. It wouldn't shock me to see a similar situation here.

40% strength? C'mon man, lol. I still think the Falcons win this one.

Fantomex

Super Informative article on the way Miami stopped Luck on the last drive. They gambled a lot on coverage versus pressure but really mixed it up a lot. The defense seemed to take huge risks and trusting that the pressure would get to him.

How Miami stopped Luck

colts-81.jpg

And I really like Wheeler. Chan is stupid for not thinking he deserves what he got payed.

jhendrix

Banned
Oh, these new Falcons fans are amusing.

Biermann is average as fuck. Change his name to Will Overstreet or Chauncey Davis and nobody would know the difference.

Spoon hurts for sure, but, of course, I've been shitting on him since day one. He's our best cover linebacker so that will be a struggle.

Worrilow hasn't seen the field on defense yet. What the hell are you talking about?

Nicholas, Dent and Bartu will be in the mix. Dent played well in Nickel against the Saints, surprisingly.

This is an offensive team - there have been no qualms about that. The gameplan for the past two years has been score a bunch of points and let the secondary make plays. That doesn't change.

Let's not pretend like Weatherspoon was some sort of one man wrecking crew. William Moore is the most important defensive player on this team. Then Babineaux, Spoon and Osi.

:jnc

Drink that Kool Aid.

I've been falcons fan since 1986 so I'm hardly a new fan

Jackson is out 2-4 weeks Ewing on IR, Roddy is hobbling and is a decoy, this mean a serious lack of running game and a #1 WR that is not effective. This further exposes our Oline problem which means we become even more of a passing team which means the defense is on the field more.

Now lets look at the defense which will be on the field more. Biermann was being used as a joker by Nolan and he played DE,LB and even Safety depending on the play. This limits what Nolan can do with a defense that was decent but not that great to being with.

Losing Weatherspoon is huge as he was very good in coverage. Bartu looks good but Nicholas was already on the outs due to his lack of coverage skills which is why Worrilow will probably get some decent playing time.

Our only real bright spot is our young secondary. Trufant,Alford and Mcclain are playing very good right now.

Any one of these injuries could be dealt with, but when you combine them all and then realize it is only week 2 it is simply way to much for us to overcome.

ChanHuk

Banned
And I really like Wheeler. Chan is stupid for not thinking he deserves what he got payed.

You degenerate idiot, watch more of Wheeler throughout the season. He's average in coverage and he'll start whiffing on tackles. I think he's a solid player, but you guys are paying him like he's an All Pro OLB.

I've been fa fan since 1986 so I'm hardly a new fan

Jackson is out 2-4 weeks Ewing on IR, Roddy is hobbling and is a decoy, this mean a series lack of running game and a #1 WR that is not effective. This further exposes our Oline problems which means we become even more of a passing team which means the defense is on the field more.

Now lets look at the defense which will be on the field more. Biermann was being used a joker by Nolan and he played DE,LB and even Safety depending on the play. This limits what Nolan can do with a defense that was decent but not that great to being with. Losing Weatherspoon is huge as he was very good in coverage. Bartu looks good but Nicholas was already on the outs due to his lack of coverage skills which is why Worrilow will probably get some decent playing time.

Our only real bright spot is our young secondary. Trufant,Alford and Mcclain are playing very good right now.

Any one of these injuries could be dealt with, but when you combine them all and then realize it is only week 2 it is simply way to much for us to overcome.

In no universe is Roddy White the Falcons #1 WR.

Hunter S.

Looking at the Chefs versus the Eagles I see one of the best defenses with the worst offenses versus the worst defense and one of the best offenses. One of these teams will be shown as fraud good teams Thursday. Chefs have had it pretty easy so far. My hope is offense wins because that is how you be Gronk!

squicken

Im all for making fun of Jason Checkdown. But in that play iirc the line failed horribly and he had little choice but to under hand toss it to that dude. Although one has to wonder why he was there on a 4th and 10 idk. But yeah on that play Jason Checkdown didnt have much of a choice really. It was that or run out of bounds which is even worse

I rescind my ridicule. Best of a bad situation and no room to square up for a desperation throw

So does Denver need to fear anything about Pryor throwing the ball or should we just load 8 in the box and make sure he doesn't run wild?

that'll work for the option, but not for the broken plays.

jags game is not really a good barometer for what we will do on offense against the donks unless we somehow get an early lead, we will be a lot more aggressive

you guys overpaid, but that's FA. he's solid, but his production will start to decrease, he'll slow down, start missing tackles and getting burnt in coverage. well at least that's what he did in OAK.

I'm pretty happy with the same production from burnett for 1/4 the price.

Looking at the Chefs versus the Eagles I see one of the best defenses with the worst offenses versus the worst defense and one of the best offenses. One of these teams will be shown as fraud good teams Thursday. Chefs have had it pretty easy so far. My hope is offense wins because that is how you be Gronk!

chiefs beat the jags and barely squeaked one out against the cowboys due to poor coaching and play-calling. my money is on the eagles.

I don't know, he had more yards, targets, receptions, and 20+ yard catches than Julio last season. Julio is more of a home run guy I suppose but even still he only averaged 0.5 yards more per reception. The way I see it is the Falcons basically have two #1 WR's, haha.

jhendrix

Banned

Roddy and JJ are 1A and 1B when both are healthy. JJ is awesome and will probably be the best WR in the NFL soon but Roddy has been the most consistent WR in the NFL since 2007, he has had over 1100 yards each and every year since 2007 and has not missed a single game in his career.

Talon

I've been fa fan since 1986 so I'm hardly a new fan

Jackson is out 2-4 weeks Ewing on IR, Roddy is hobbling and is a decoy, this mean a series lack of running game and a #1 WR that is not effective. This further exposes our Oline problems which means we become even more of a passing team which means the defense is on the field more.
Teams have known we're one dimensional since last season. The goal with SJax wasn't to carry the load in the first half, it was to maintain possession in the second half. Now that we don't have that benefit, the team is going to have to look to score by default.
Now lets look at the defense which will be on the field more. Biermann was being used a joker by Nolan and he played DE,LB and even Safety depending on the play. This limits what Nolan can do with a defense that was decent but not that great to being with. Losing Weatherspoon is huge as he was very good in coverage. Bartu looks good but Nicholas was already on the outs due to his lack of coverage skills which is why Worrilow will probably get some decent playing time.
A. Biermann is hilarious overrated by the entire city. He's a good athlete that can't really get to the quarterback. Great. I can name 20 other guys that do the same.
B. Nolan was using the muddle huddle last year due to short time, and it worked tremendously against pocket passers. It failed miserably against any decent running team as the second half of the season exposed.
C. Watch the playoff tape. Spoon is good in coverage, but he also misses way more tackles in space than he should when he's in good position.

I was looking forward to Spoon attacking more because I think it's a waste of his acceleration to sit back and react, but we won't see this year. He's a loss for sure, but let's stop pretending he's Navarro Bowman.

Undrafted rookies are undrafted with good reason. Those coverage breakdowns late last season were not the sole fault of Nicholas. It was the lack of pressure, asking guys that play wrong positions to cover wide swaths of space for 5+ seconds and bad tackling in space.

Jesus Christ. You'd think we had lost Marcus Allen, Bruce Smith and Derrick Brooks in one weekend. None of the guys we lost were going to be All Pros. Next man up. Decoud needs to get his bad angles figured out. The safeties need to make it tick.
Roddy and Matt are on a single wavelength. Roddy might not have Julio's speed or explosiveness, but he knows how and when to get open and Matt trusts him more than his momma.

I don't know, he had more yards, targets, receptions, and 20+ yard catches than Julio last season. Julio is more of a home run guy I suppose but even still he only averaged 0.5 yards more per reception. The way I see it is the Falcons basically have two #1 WR's, haha.

I am surprised their numbers are so close. When I think of the Falcons it is JJ I would be worried about stopping.

Fantomex

You degenerate idiot, watch more of Wheeler throughout the season. He's average in coverage and he'll start whiffing on tackles. I think he's a solid player, but you guys are paying him like he's an All Pro OLB.

Putting aside your heathen, filthy piehole mouth and slanderous insults for a moment to talk football. You guys are horrible this year. Why on earth is overpaying someone like Wheeler a BAD thing for your organization? You guys are this house.
decrepit-house.jpg

Scared to pay for repairs, worried you'll overpay and in the end you have a dump to show for it. I'd rather take a risk on something not panning out and at least do the best job of maintaining some sort of status quo of being average or mediocre. Even if you guys get Clowney and Bridgewater in the same draft, your house is still a dump. Coaches suck, cornerbacks suck, ends suck, linebackers suck, receivers suck, running backs sucks and you take some sort of pride at your punter and kicker being elite. You make me sick, you big headed, filthy, decrepit, sour milk drinking, tarantula eating, Gollum look alike mongolian sewer monkey.

Sorry Mackenzie but you guys suck. To worried to rebuild and instead holding out hope for being 6-10 for the rest of your foreseeable future.

I am surprised their numbers are so close. When I think of the Falcons it is JJ I would be worried about stopping.
I know, it's crazy how good they both are.

When I think of them it's pick your poison unless you have two shutdown CB's (aka: no one). I guess I should be thankful that the Dolphins play them in a week where Roddy is less than 100%. Now watch Douglas go for +100, lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I really wish we played the Seahawks during the regular season this year.

a) It's a 2 hour drive.
b) To shut up now over-confident Seahawks fans :)
Over-confident? We have tons of issues that have yet to be worked out. Our general message is just "stop overlooking us".

Hunter S.

that'll work for the option, but not for the broken plays.

jags game is not really a good barometer for what we will do on offense against the donks unless we somehow get an early lead, we will be a lot more aggressive
raider-meme-meme-generator-the-only-w-s-the-raiders-see-a8b40b.jpg

The raiders will be aggressive as always thing is they do not have any thing the Broncos are not good at stopping. Chan says you have the best rushing. Well without Champ and Von the Broncos have the best rushing Defense.

Hahaha, come on.
I for one didn't even realize Seattle had a football team until this last game against the Niners, and even then they were only mentioned as "that team that somehow beat the all-powerful Niners or whatever."

I'm starting to recall their existence, though. Hasselbeck is the QB, right?

Talon

I know, it's crazy how good they both are.

When I think of them it's pick your poison unless you have two shutdown CB's (aka: no one). I guess I should be thankful that the Dolphins play them in a week where Roddy is less than 100%. Now watch Douglas go for +100, lol.
:jnc :jnc :jnc #dead

jhendrix

Banned
Teams have known we're one dimensional since last season. The goal with SJax wasn't to carry the load in the first half, it was to maintain possession in the second half. Now that we don't have that benefit, the team is going to have to look to score by default.

A. Biermann is hilarious overrated by the entire city. He's a good athlete that can't really get to the quarterback. Great. I can name 20 other guys that do the same.
B. Nolan was using the muddle huddle last year due to short time, and it worked tremendously against pocket passers. It failed miserably against any decent running team as the second half of the season exposed.
C. Watch the playoff tape. Spoon is good in coverage, but he also misses way more tackles in space than he should when he's in good position.

I was looking forward to Spoon attacking more because I think it's a waste of his acceleration to sit back and react, but we won't see this year. He's a loss for sure, but let's stop pretending he's Navarro Bowman.

Undrafted rookies are undrafted with good reason. Those coverage breakdowns late last season were not the sole fault of Nicholas. It was the lack of pressure, asking guys that play wrong positions to cover wide swaths of space for 5+ seconds and bad tackling in space.

Jesus Christ. You'd think we had lost Marcus Allen, Bruce Smith and Derrick Brooks in one weekend. None of the guys we lost were going to be All Pros. Next man up. Decoud needs to get his bad angles figured out. The safeties need to make it tick.

Roddy and Matt are on a single wavelength. Roddy might not have Julio's speed or explosiveness, but he knows how and when to get open and Matt trusts him more than his momma.

Dude like I said any one of these injuries we could deal with but we just added 4 guys to IR in the last 24 hrs and our starting RB is out for at least 4 weeks. This is not good and will not be easy to over come.

Zeke

Dallas is the only squad in the NFC East with multiple multi-sack defenders. DeMarcus Ware, Bruce Carter and Jason Hatcher all have two sacks. The Giants have just two sacks as a team.
Tony Romo’s first two weeks haven’t been exactly incredible, as he has yet to crack 300 yard this season. He is, however, leading the NFL in completion percentage with 66 completions in 91 attempts , or 72.5 percent.
Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey is the leading scorer in the NFC and No. 2 in the NFL with 22 points. He’s a perfect 6-of-6 on field goals, including kicks from 51 and 53 on Sunday. New Giants acquisition is a perfect 4-of-4 on the year with a long of 41, and second-year Eagles kicker Alex Henery is 4-of-5 with a long of 48 and his lone miss from 46.

hooray silver linings!

cdyhybrid

I don't care about people overlooking us. Keep on fellating the Niners so Harbaugh's ego stays intact and he doesn't feel the need to actually do some coaching.

ChanHuk

Banned
Putting aside your heathen, filthy piehole mouth and slanderous insults for a moment to talk football. You guys are horrible this year. Why on earth is overpaying someone like Wheeler a BAD thing for your organization? You guys are this house.
http://losangeleshomestaginginfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/decrepit-house.jpg[/MG]

Scared to pay for repairs, worried you'll overpay and in the end you have a dump to show for it. I'd rather take a risk on something not panning out and at least do the best job of maintaining some sort of status quo of being average or mediocre. Even if you guys get Clowney and Bridgewater in the same draft, your house is still a dump. Coaches suck, cornerbacks suck, ends suck, linebackers suck, receivers suck, running backs sucks and you take some sort of pride at your punter and kicker being elite. You make me sick, you big headed, filthy, decrepit, sour milk eating, tarantula eating, Gollum look alike mongolian sewer monkey.[/QUOTE]

Why so hostile bro? Not my fault your organization overpaid for an average LB. A shitty team like the Raiders shouldn't and didn't overpay for anyone except for maybe C. Woodson, but he brings more than just his playing abilities to Oakland, he can mentor the young DBs that the Raiders have. Miami is in no position to become an elitist team, your team has slightly less broken windows than the Raiders. And plus, mother fuckin Fergie owns a portion of your asinine team. And what the fuck, why is there a Dolphin on your helmet? Remember they tried to make the Dolphin look more tough by pointing his degenerate eyes down, stupid slanteye.

effzee

How is the Chiefs OLINE looking?

For the Eagles to have a chance they will have to hold you guys to FGs or force punts. And to do that we need to generate some pass rush without the blitz.

I'm thinking about picking up a second hand Wii U or one of the new Zelda bundles on the 20th. Bad idea? $300 isn't that bad for that bundle.

edit:

Over-confident? We have tons of issues that have yet to be worked out. Our general message is just "stop overlooking us".

Tell that to the rest of the fanbase please (I think ours finally stopped being so arrogant after that loss. Hopefully)

:jnc :jnc :jnc #dead
Hey man, Charles Clay, Miami's 6th round pick in 2011 who is only playing because Egnew is a bust and Keller got murdered, just had a 100+ yard game. If that can happen anything is possible! Plus, Douglas has looked solid so far this season (although admittedly, Saints secondary).

Talon

Dude like I said any one of these injuries we could deal with but we just added 4 guys to IR in the last 24 hrs and our starting RB is out for at least 4 weeks. This is not good and will not be easy to over come.
We lost one starter at LB for 10 weeks. <--We will deal.
We lost one starter who plays about 45 snaps a game for the season. <--We will deal.
We lost a tailback for 2-4 weeks. <--We will deal.
We lost a fullback - on a team where the fullback is the least relevant piece and which Snelling can fill in as a much better offensive threat - for the season. <--Doesn't matter

Zeke

oh come on media is all up in your ass the only people overlooking the seachickens is NFLGaf giving you guys shit. Its always the same story with a lot of teams fans always crying about being overlooked or not respected by the media. Quit bitching and enjoy your team not being complete ass for the time being.

Talon

Lord almighty. ESPN and SI has been all up Seattle's ass since Week 10 of last year. You are not permitted to use the "Don't overlook us" card.

jhendrix

Banned
We lost one starter at LB for 10 weeks. <--We will deal.
We lost one starter who plays about 45 snaps a game for the season. <--We will deal.
We lost a tailback for 2-4 weeks. <--We will deal.
We lost a fullback - on a team where the fullback is the least relevant piece and which Snelling can fill in as a much better offensive threat - for the season. <--Doesn't matter

We did this all in one week and we still have to deal with our Oline problems. This is NOT good, talk about kool aid drinking. also half our team is on our injury report banged up.

eznark

Banned
First attempt, I can't stop watching McGlynn (#75). What causes him to collapse like that?!

iRmAV7SC59ibn.gif

Had Luck not had to step up there he makes a better throw to Wayne and Grimes doesn't have a chance. Great play on the ball by Grimes at the end though. Really nice coverage.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
oh come on media is all up in your ass the only people overlooking the seachickens is NFLGaf giving you guys shit. Its always the same story with a lot of teams fans always crying about being overlooked or not respected by the media. Quit bitching and enjoy your team not being complete ass for the time being.
The level in salt in this post far exceeds mine.

Lord almighty. ESPN and SI has been all up Seattle's ass since Week 10 of last year. You are not permitted to use the "Don't overlook us" card.
People started getting stupid when Harvin got injured.

cdyhybrid

Can't say I blame them. Look at this handsome motherfucker, how could you not drink the Kool-Aid?

aYzuCPv.jpg

Zeke

How is the Chiefs OLINE looking?

For the Eagles to have a chance they will have to hold you guys to FGs or force punts. And to do that we need to generate some pass rush without the blitz.
Dallas got good pressure on Alex but as always our kryptonite is scrambling QB's I'd say that and protect the middle of the field.

squicken

I hate the Seahawks so much there is almost no way they don't win the Super Bowl. Best hope is for HGH testing to start this season

Talon

We did this all in one week and we still have to deal with our Oline problems. This is NOT good, talk about kool aid drinking. also half our team is on our injury report banged up.
The offensive line always plays like shit early in the season. Remember '09? We have average talent in that group - everyone knows it.

And to come in here and accuse me of all the Falcons fans of Kool Aid drinking is hilarious.

Losing Grimes at the start of last season was a bigger injury than Wheresmyspoon.

Fantomex

Why so hostile bro? Not my fault your organization overpaid for an average LB. A shitty team like the Raiders shouldn't and didn't overpay for anyone except for maybe C. Woodson, but he brings more than just his playing abilities to Oakland, he can mentor the young DBs that the Raiders have. Miami is in no position to become an elitist team, your team has slightly less broken windows than the Raiders. And plus, mother fuckin Fergie owns a portion of your asinine team. And what the fuck, why is there a Dolphin on your helmet? Remember they tried to make the Dolphin look more tough by pointing his degenerate eyes down, stupid slanteye.

How Dare You Bro? Our Dolphin is neat. I just don't understand how you can justify not overpaying, and instead saving money to suck one more year. I just can't comprehend it. Let me ask you this, what free agent in their right mind would go waste away on the Raiders? You guys should be overpaying guys that are already in the organization before they learn better. Let's talk about the type of free agents they Raiders DO DECIDE TO PAY GOOD MONEY FOR.

1. Warren Sapp
  2. Randy Moss
  3. MeAngelo Hall
  4. Richard Seymour
  5. Kamerion Wimbley
  6. Jason Campbell THE GOAT
  7. Carson Palmer THE MIGHTY

I suggest you read this article called Agents Take, What Went Wrong With The Raiders

"The Raiders' return to respectability could come sooner than anticipated if Flynn plays more like the quarterback who shined in limited duty with the Packers during his four years backing up Aaron Rodgers than the one who couldn't beat out Russell Wilson in Seattle. Otherwise, Oakland should have an early pick in 2014 that could land Jadeveon Clowney or Teddy Bridgewater."

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Monday Night's game is going to be so lopsided I almost feel bad for Raiders fans.

Almost.

Actually, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom