• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Informative article on the way Miami stopped Luck on the last drive. They gambled a lot on coverage versus pressure but really mixed it up a lot. The defense seemed to take huge risks and trusting that the pressure would get to him.

How Miami stopped Luck

colts-81.jpg

And I really like Wheeler. Chan is stupid for not thinking he deserves what he got payed.

This just gave me a boner at work....it's awkward...

effzee

Dallas got good pressure on Alex but as always our kryptonite is scrambling QB's I'd say that and protect the middle of the field.

Yeah but I think your rushers are obviously better than ours.

We need Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry to get some playing time. 10-15 snaps on obvious passing downs.

If somehow we can get a quick lead and force the Chiefs to be a pass only team (which isn't hard for a Reid coached team to become) then we have a shot.

If Reid realizes that ball control alone will beat the Eagles then we have zero chance.

squicken

Ah, the old reverse jinx. I see you, Chad. I see you.

:( I have no jinx powers. Well I really didn't like the '07 Pats but that was everyone. But I loathed the 90s Cowboys and they never lost. Same with the Jordan Bulls. And the Yankees until Arizona out-roided them

We lost one starter at LB for 10 weeks. <--We will deal.
Nevermind that this covers the "weaker" part of our schedule from a defensive standpoint.
We lost one starter who plays about 45 snaps a game for the season. <--We will deal.
Massaquoi looked decent enough to stop the run at least and also generated some ok pressure at times. Bradford was throwing a bunch of quick slants anyway.
We lost a tailback for 2-4 weeks. <--We will deal.
One of those 4 weeks is a bye week. I think our passing game can handle it til then.
We lost a fullback - on a team where the fullback is the least relevant piece and which Snelling can fill in as a much better offensive threat - for the season. <--Doesn't matter
If we felt like we really needed a lead FB, John Conner is out there.

In my mind, there is a short list of players we can not lose at all.

Ryan, Julio, TG on offense. More than 1 of the corners, Decoud (despite him taking shitty angles lately and getting turned around) and/or Moore on defense.....hell, I'd throw Babineaux on that list too.

Zeke

The level in salt in this post far exceeds mine.
brah thats not salt its truth enjoy having a winning team instead of an irrelevant basement team and crying about respect/being overlooked. You really don't want the media circus you think you do.

raider-meme-meme-generator-the-only-w-s-the-raiders-see-a8b40b.jpg

The raiders will be aggressive as always thing is they do not have any thing the Broncos are not good at stopping. Chan says you have the best rushing. Well without Champ and Von the Broncos have the best rushing Defense.

That rushing stat is a bit misleading since you guys have forced teams to play catch-up and abandon the run.

I think it'll be a closer game than people think, especially now with Clady out.

Hunter S.

How is the Chiefs OLINE looking?

For the Eagles to have a chance they will have to hold you guys to FGs or force punts. And to do that we need to generate some pass rush without the blitz.

Lol, Effzee it appears you are ignoring the Chefs and jumping right to the Broncos. Due to the loss of Clady it is hard to know. Clady did not play all off season he was never 100 % yet to begin with. Every team tries to attack Peyton so it is not new.

For that matter, a lot of teams tried to beat the Broncos by keeping the ball away from Peyton last year. It almost worked for the Chefs. Thing is the goal of foxball is ball control. He will continue to fight this battle to keep the ball in Peyton's hands with good field position.

Not hard to do when you have the best retuner in the league Trindon Holliday.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
First attempt, I can't stop watching McGlynn (#75). What causes him to collapse like that?!

iRmAV7SC59ibn.gif

Had Luck not had to step up there he makes a better throw to Wayne and Grimes doesn't have a chance. Great play on the ball by Grimes at the end though. Really nice coverage.

He trips on the left foot of the right tackle.

Cajunator got Duff into a new hobby.

Caj is good people. He showed me the light.

I'll double down on a bet though if Seahawks-age will hear me out. I will bet that the Jags will beat the Seahawks this week. If I'm right any of you who accept the bet have to wear an avatar that I make/pick until the next Seahawks/49ers game. If I lose I wear this avatar for the rest of the season.

jakncoke

Banned
First attempt, I can't stop watching McGlynn (#75). What causes him to collapse like that?!

iRmAV7SC59ibn.gif

Had Luck not had to step up there he makes a better throw to Wayne and Grimes doesn't have a chance. Great play on the ball by Grimes at the end though. Really nice coverage.

Did his footing get displaced by the RT? Kinda looks that way? Either way looked like a pussy on that play how easily he was pushed over

Syrinx

I'll double down on a bet though if Seahawks-age will hear me out. I will bet that the Jags will beat the Seahawks this week. If I'm right any of you who accept the bet have to wear an avatar that I make/pick until the next Seahawks/49ers game. If I lose I wear this avatar for the rest of the season.

Just admit you love the avatar already.

cdyhybrid

Hito is the official head of the Department of Avatar Bets here at Seahawks-Age, Inc. Please direct all avatar bet correspondences to him.

How Dare You Bro? Our Dolphin is neat. I just don't understand how you can justify not overpaying, and instead saving money to suck one more year. I just can't comprehend it. Let me ask you this, what free agent in their right mind would go waste away on the Raiders? You guys should be overpaying guys that are already in the organization before they learn better. Let's talk about the type of free agents they Raiders DO DECIDE TO PAY GOOD MONEY FOR.

1. Warren Sapp
  2. Randy Moss
  3. MeAngelo Hall
  4. Richard Seymour
  5. Kamerion Wimbley
  6. Jason Campbell THE GOAT
  7. Carson Palmer THE MIGHTY

I suggest you read this article called Agents Take, What Went Wrong With The Raiders

"The Raiders' return to respectability could come sooner than anticipated if Flynn plays more like the quarterback who shined in limited duty with the Packers during his four years backing up Aaron Rodgers than the one who couldn't beat out Russell Wilson in Seattle. Otherwise, Oakland should have an early pick in 2014 that could land Jadeveon Clowney or Teddy Bridgewater."

50 million in dead money.. I think our payroll is less than the A's this year lol.. we will oerpay a little to keep some guys next year and will probably bring in a coupld of decent free agents. but for the most part reggie will be using the green bay model and building through the draft

This ain't the Al Davis Raiders you slobbering mongrel. New Era Raiders, all those overpaid contracts were cut by the new regime. We have actual football players not just track athletes anymore.

and this. chan is a little more succinct lol

Syrinx

It has been suggested that Bowser bet me for the same reason. lol

He's like that guy in that one episode of Seinfeld who made bets with Elaine that he knew he would lose so that he could have dinner with her. DUFF has found a furry avatar loophole.

jakncoke

Banned
Is that the girl in my avy?

Looks hawt.

You're avy disgusts. You disgust me

Salary cap issues haven't helped. We haven't been able to hold on to the talent we do develop (Wallace, Lewis). Leaves us old, slow and thin.

Dont need tons of money if you can bring in productive players at cost. A lot of big contracts that we really cant do anything with unless we take 1 season like the Raiders and have like 50% dead money on the books ha

ChanHuk

Banned
Oh and don't get me wrong. The Raiders and Broncos game is gonna lopsided unless the Raiders can force some turnovers. Which again, the Raiders are tied for 1st in sacks. (Bloated stats as we played the Colts and the Jags), I hope our DC can figure something out because Peyton will make us pay for our aggressive blitzing.

ChanHuk

Banned
Who's gonna be in a worse salary cap situation next season, the Steelers or the Cowboys? The Cowboys are always in a bind because of Jerry Jones.

Smokey

Lol come on bro

eznark

Banned
Ok, what the fuck were the Colts doing? I mean, I wasn't super impressed with Tanny last year but he has actual receivers now, you can't give him this look. Jesus, you can't give trash like Sanchez this look:

iPMRU7ZVDoFXz.gif

Watch how early the free safety bails pre-snap. Even if the SS recognizes the play is still like 40% of the entire route tree to run and Tannehill can just throw him into it. Tannehill knows well before he even gets the snap that this is a big play to Wallace. Just a broken defensive call there. I'm not even sure what the best case scenario is there. Were they praying for a run combined with Tanny having no pre-snap adjustment authority?

This sequence was actually really nice though. They had a off-tackle run, then this play action, then they ran the WR screen for the touchdown. Masterful opening drive by the master of scripted drives.

I should probably start moving these threads over to the actual football thread...

Has anyone signed Tebow yet? I still can't believe the Jags haven't picked him up. Maybe their owner is just like Gata and pretends to cheer for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom