• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what the fuck were the Colts doing? I mean, I wasn't super impressed with Tanny last year but he has actual receivers now, you can't give him this look. Jesus, you can't give trash like Sanchez this look:

iPMRU7ZVDoFXz.gif

Watch how early the free safety bails pre-snap. Even if the SS recognizes the play is still like 40% of the entire route tree to run and Tannehill can just throw him into it. Tannehill knows well before he even gets the snap that this is a big play to Wallace. Just a broken defensive call there. I'm not even sure what the best case scenario is there. Were they praying for a run combined with Tanny having no pre-snap adjustment authority?

This sequence was actually really nice though. They had a off-tackle run, then this play action, then they ran the WR screen for the touchdown. Masterful opening drive by the master of scripted drives.

I should probably start moving these threads over to the actual football thread...
Looks like they were selling out on the run to me. Don't move these posts, I'm lovin' 'em!

The first drive really was a thing of beauty. Same with the second, actually.

eznark

Banned
Looks like they were selling out on the run to me. Don't move these posts, I'm lovin' 'em!

The first drive really was a thing of beauty. Same with the second, actually.

The big problem I have with it is that the Dolphins line is real bad. Stacking 8 like that probably makes it harder to get to the QB just based on sheer mass to get through.

It's a two receiver route (really though there is only one option on this play) and the #1 receiver has 5 square miles of empty country to run in.

squicken

The big problem I have with it is that the Dolphins line is real bad. Stacking 8 like that probably makes it harder to get to the QB just based on sheer mass to get through.

I only watched the Condenses version, but I wasn't impressed with the Colts D at all. Hard to see the safeties off TV angles but that is really bad there. Maybe it's that Wallace Effect that doesn't exist? GTFB

It's a two receiver route (really though there is only one option on this play) and the #1 receiver has 5 square miles of empty country to run in.
I agree, not sure why you'd leave the middle so open to Wallace like that, even if you do think it's a run.

effzee

Lol, Effzee it appears you are ignoring the Chefs and jumping right to the Broncos. Due to the loss of Clady it is hard to know. Clady did not play all off season he was never 100 % yet to begin with. Every team tries to attack Peyton so it is not new.

For that matter, a lot of teams tried to beat the Broncos by keeping the ball away from Peyton last year. It almost worked for the Chefs. Thing is the goal of foxball is ball control. He will continue to fight this battle to keep the ball in Peyton's hands with good field position.

Not hard to do when you have the best retuner in the league Trindon Holliday.

Oh shit my bad I thought you were a Chiefs fan.

Def not overlooking the Chiefs because simply put if we lose to them, we will end up 1-3 by the time we play the Giants in week 5. I give us a 0% chance to beat the Broncos so we have to beat the Chiefs.

Hunter S.

Oh shit my bad I thought you were a Chiefs fan.

Def not overlooking the Chiefs because simply put if we lose to them, we will end up 1-3 by the time we play the Giants in week 5. I give us a 0% chance to beat the Broncos so we have to beat the Chiefs.

:;jnc There are no Chefs fans here you must be NFC East blindsided.

rando said he'd do it.

Unless you're that much of a glutton for punishment :p

It doesn't stack against me. I just want as many of Seahawks-age in at once if the Jags hit the lottery lol. I have a good avatar picked out and everything (not that I'll be able to use it).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It doesn't stack against me. I just want as many of Seahawks-age in at once if the Jags hit the lottery lol. I have a good avatar picked out and everything (not that I'll be able to use it).
You gotta set a quota then. If one is all it takes then rando already fulfilled it.

Edit: Reading your original post, it does sound like you only need one and Rando accepted.

Fantomex

This ain't the Al Davis Raiders you slobbering mongrel. New Era Raiders, all those overpaid contracts were cut by the new regime. We have actual football players not just track athletes anymore.

50 million in dead money.. I think our payroll is less than the A's this year lol.. we will oerpay a little to keep some guys next year and will probably bring in a coupld of decent free agents. but for the most part reggie will be using the green bay model and building through the draft

and this. chan is a little more succinct lol

"First thing I'm gonna do is get rid of all this dead weight, and get us a franchise Quarterback"

120111090558_reggie-mckenzie-640.jpg

"Awww Yeah Raider Nation, We winning already!"

xzibit-happy-jpg.55265

"And I have found us that Quarterback"

After-firing-coach-Raiders-GM-promises-titles-KPQQPSN-x-large.jpg

"Matt Flynn Everyone!"

nfl_a_flynn01jr_600.jpg

13709319368467.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ok, what the fuck were the Colts doing? I mean, I wasn't super impressed with Tanny last year but he has actual receivers now, you can't give him this look. Jesus, you can't give trash like Sanchez this look:

iPMRU7ZVDoFXz.gif

Watch how early the free safety bails pre-snap. Even if the SS recognizes the play is still like 40% of the entire route tree to run and Tannehill can just throw him into it. Tannehill knows well before he even gets the snap that this is a big play to Wallace. Just a broken defensive call there. I'm not even sure what the best case scenario is there. Were they praying for a run combined with Tanny having no pre-snap adjustment authority?

This sequence was actually really nice though. They had a off-tackle run, then this play action, then they ran the WR screen for the touchdown. Masterful opening drive by the master of scripted drives.

I should probably start moving these threads over to the actual football thread...
It's what happens when you call defenses based on what you wish your personnel could do, rather than what the personnel can do. The cornerback needs to jam Wallace at the line. He doesn't touch him and he gives separation to boot.

Stare at my avatar. STARE AT IT!

squicken

Assuming the Jags get the #1 pick, I'd imagine if he's there they take him. Right, Gata?

There's no way he goes #1. But he was recruited by both Harbaugh and Chip Kelly. Maybe Harbaugh thinks he can consistently win with young QBs and doesn't need to pay one $20m? Kap can redo his contract this offseason and will surely want to

There's no way he goes #1. But he was recruited by both Harbaugh and Chip Kelly. Maybe Harbaugh thinks he can consistently win with young QBs and doesn't need to pay one $20m? Kap can redo his contract this offseason and will surely want to
I wouldn't say "no way" because we've all seen teams pull the trigger on crazier ideas.

Spinluck

You mean the playoff Peyton who won 1 SB and almost won another? That's still something. The Colts had the worst coach ever after Dungy too.

Dungy was not the worst coach ever.

We just had the bad luck of facing a Chargers team twice. A team that always seemed to get under Peyton's skin. I feel we would've made it to one more SB if not for that.

We just had the bad luck of facing a Chargers team twice. A team that always seemed to get under Peyton's skin. I feel we would've made it to one more SB if not for that.

And the Pats would have won 2 more had they not faced Eli.

Coulda/Woulda/shoulda doesn't mean Jack :(

"First thing I'm gonna do is get rid of all this dead weight, and get us a franchise Quarterback"

120111090558_reggie-mckenzie-640.jpg

"Awww Yeah Raider Nation, We winning already!"
"Matt Flynn Everyone!"

Lol, you gotta remember the situation.

After Palmer left we literally, had nobody on our Roster that played QB (There was Pryor, but from what I heard in evaluations he didn't look all that good, even now, juries still out on him....he did go 15 of 24 for 126 yards against the worst secondary in the NLF). I thought it was a decent move, you figure yeah Matt Flynn isn't the "answer" but he can at least steer a ship till we get some depth and can draft a decent QB.

Right now, it's also about clearing out a Locker Room. There was the "Al Davis Scholarship" mentality that players had which was get overpaid, underperform and get out of Oakland. We needed to clear those players out, and this year we took a bullet cutting contracts and leaving us with lots of dead money, which isn't great but considering, we signed our entire Draft class for about 4 million this year, and next year we'll have upwards of 50 million in surplus money, it's going to be worth it. I don't expect us to go crazy in free agency but it does leave us room to pick up players we need/want in some respects and give some of those players that go through long term contracts if they earn them. Something we weren't really able to do with some of the more recent high performers.

This is an articule comparing the seahawks rebuild to the Raiders, and although the Raiders were in a more difficult situation the Seahawks were.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seahawks had a supportive owner who let Carroll and Schneider slam the reset button on the whole franchise, overhauling the organization and completely rebuilding the entire roster with only a few guys from before 2010 being allowed to stay.

Tom Penny

Or one less if the NFL didn't have to send Ellis Hobbs a letter saying they screwed up and he didn't commit pass interference on a play Reggie Wayne wasn't touched on setting up a free 1st and goal...then again the Pats had the Tuck Rule.

Fantomex

Seahawks had a supportive owner who let Carroll and Schneider slam the reset button on the whole franchise, overhauling the organization and completely rebuilding the entire roster with only a few guys from before 2010 being allowed to stay.

Yeah Pretty Much. But I hear you Raider fans. You have money and a somewhat competent front office. Have you guys looked at the 2014 free agent class though? Aside from maybe Ben Tate, Michael Oher there really isn't anyone aside from Jimmy Graham. And I bet you he's not going to Oakland.

Yeah Pretty Much. But I hear you Raider fans. You have money and a somewhat competent front office. Have you guys looked at the 2014 free agent class though? Aside from maybe Ben Tate, Michael Oher there really isn't anyone aside from Jimmy Graham. And I bet you he's not going to Oakland.

Alot of our guys are signed to 1-year deals right now, so I suspect a decent amount of resignings, the biggest possibly could be Charles Woodson depending on how he plays, if he gets injured, etc. He had a pretty amazing tackle this last game and I have a feeling that just having him there really sets a great tone for the Secondary.

We locked up Marcel Reece, had a contract extension for Tyvon Branch, and Nick Roach is on a 3 year contract.

Next year some of the key pieces are McFadden (if he can stay healthy), Lamarr Houston (who will be the gem of Free-Agency if he walks, which he won't), and Jared Veldheer.

It's been said before, McKenzie is following the Greenbay model, so I don't really expect to see a huge free agency splash, maybe a piece here or there, but for the most part we sit on that extra money, keep some of our really important pieces and continue building and adding depth to our team.

Yeah I had noticed that. Reggie is not gonna sign any big names anyway, he'll resign anyone competent on our roster and shop around for some linemen and whoever else might be a fit for us.

Regarding Flynn, I'm not concerned about using a 5th and probably a 7th on him. He pushed Pryor, which could have been the plan the entire time and he's a somewhat decent backup if needed. He'll probably move on next year and Reggie might even get a 6th or 7th back for him from the Browns or Jets.

Next year some of the key pieces are McFadden (if he can stay healthy), Lamarr Houston (who will be the gem of Free-Agency if he walks, which he won't), and Jared Veldheer.

Disagree on McFadden. Overrated and injury prone, I think Jennings probably would have gotten more yards if he got as many carries. DMC just takes what is there these days, not the same back he used to be. I think he is gone next year unless he takes a very modest contract to stay.

Talon

Disclaimer: Bedard thought Godgers was trash
If you're talking about out of college though, he's not alone.
Somehow I doubt your arrangement was like ours.
I'd say we were in a worse place after the Vick saga. Then Petrino bitched out in the middle of the season.

Needed a good, long scrub down, and we turned it around immediate once Smith and Dmitroff were hired. Y'all were sort of in mediocre no-man's land for about 2-3 seasons there.

ChanHuk

Banned

You're one dumb sponge. It's about resigning your core players. Look at the shit mess at the Steelers. They can't resign their core players.

Locking up Jared Veldheer and Lamar Houston alone will set a foundation for the trenches. We can also extend Wiz next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom