• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
lol steelers vets voted that players with 4 or less years cant play pool or ping pong during business hours(whatever that means)

Quikies83

file.gif

squicken

He re-iterated that he offered Colts GM Ryan Grigson his entire 2012 draft to move up to No. 1 to take Andrew Luck.

"I talked to him last year (at the owner's meetings) before we made the trade,'' he said. "I said, 'I'll give you all of our draft picks for the No. 1 pick and I'll take Luck. I'll give the whole draft to you.

"I said, 'Ryan let's do the deal, right now, right here.' He said, 'We're taking Luck.' We were by the pool, I might've even had a lemonade in my hand. He didn't take me seriously, because I was ready to pull the trigger. They were going to take him, and they should've taken him. They did the right thing, but he said if some craziness would've happened, they would've taken Trent Richardson. And now a year later, they get both of them. If you asked him last year, 'Would you trade your 24th pick in the first round for Trent Richardson,' you would do that easily.''

No reason for Holmgren to lie. I wonder what Indy didn't like about RG3? Or maybe the "craziness" would have been Peyton coming back

what did he do?
He's probably still mad about Kaep wearing a dolphins hat
Funny enough, that's actually part of it. I didn't actually give a fuck what he wears, but the way he addressed the fans about it was immature and ignorant. The fans are the whole reason he has a job. Why is he antagonizing them as if they don't matter? Since he got the starting gig he was a showboating and taunting douchebag. And he exudes the same arrogance in his interviews. I don't like that behavior on other teams and I'm not gonna like it just because it's a player from my team. He's not the first Niner to act like that, but I guess it annoys me more since he's the leader of the team, so I expect better.

But you know, maybe he's just still young and needs to mature a little like LeBron did going from thinking he was invincible and rings were inevitable to realizing it's not that easy and not taking things for granted. He's a talented as hell athlete with a ceiling that's still a lot higher than he's already playing at, and letting Alex go to move forward with Kaep was absolutely the right move. I'd just like for him to mature and stop acting like he's already a Super Bowl champ.

God's Gift might be playing fullback on Sunday! Bucket might actually watch a Packer game for once.

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2013/09/19/quarless-as-the-packers-fullback-intriguing/
Awwww yeahhhhhh

I think the only issue I really had was that the missions didn't hold my interest, they were too simplistic and repetitive. If that has been remedied, I might finally like a GTA game.
I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. It takes itself less seriously too, which is good.

Funny enough, that's actually part of it. I didn't actually give a fuck what he wears, but the way he addressed the fans about it was immature and ignorant. The fans are the whole reason he has a job. Why is he antagonizing them as if they don't matter? Since he got the starting gig he was a showboating and taunting douchebag. And he exudes the same arrogance in his interviews. I don't like that behavior on other teams and I'm not gonna like it just because it's a player from my team. He's not the first Niner to act like that, but I guess it annoys me more since he's the leader of the team, so I expect better.

But you know, maybe he's just still young and needs to mature a little like LeBron did going from thinking he was invincible and rings were inevitable to realizing it's not that easy and not taking things for granted. He's a talented as hell athlete with a ceiling that's still a lot higher than he's already playing at, and letting Alex go to move forward with Kaep was absolutely the right move. I'd just like for him to mature and stop acting like he's already a Super Bowl champ.

when does he act like a douchebag in interviews? he doesn't say shit. he gives one word answers. as for the taunting (i assume you mean the bicep kiss) come on let the players have a little fun!

wearing the dolphins hat was stupid though. i wasn't butt hurt about it but its just weird anyway you slice it. old news though. kap needs a bounce back game because he looked like shit against the seahawks. saw a breakdown on webzone from the all 22 footage and he missed so many open receivers and was just shook the whole game. part of the reason is how poor our o-line played. that was their worst performance since harbaugh became coach.

keep in mind that chilo rachal played in multiple games where harbaugh was the head coach so when i say it is the worst game the oline played in over 2 years that is saying something

So are the Chiefs that good or the Eagles that bad? Or maybe a little bit of both? I know the Chiefs have one of the best defensive players in the league in Justin Houston, but besides that, I have no idea.

But he has! Those Superbowls the 49ers won 50 years ago apply to new players retroactively.

u still mad the niners have an incredible past and the seachickens are a franchise devoid of anything meaningful in their 50 year history or however long they've been around?

also lost in the blowout from sunday is how valuable BJ Daniels was in preparing for wussle. 1/9 in the first half with an int and 3 points on the board (and they actually got the ball already in FG range on a fumble for that drive). his statline overall didn't look that bad but i was glad to see how we handled him after his 4 TD performance or whatever last year. bodes well for our game in san fran if kap and our o-line decides to show up

Drakeon

So are the Chiefs that good or the Eagles that bad? Or maybe a little bit of both? I know the Chiefs have one of the best defensive players in the league in Justin Houston, but besides that, I have no idea.

Chief's have played the Jaguars (worst team in the league) the Cowboys (mediocre at best) and the Eagles (also mediocre at best). I'm not saying they're bad, and they could steal a WildCard with how pathetic the AFC is looking. However, there competition hasn't exactly been stellar.

Chief's have played the Jaguars (worst team in the league) the Cowboys (mediocre at best) and the Eagles (also mediocre at best). I'm not saying they're bad, and they could steal a WildCard with how pathetic the AFC is looking. However, there competition hasn't exactly been stellar.

all true but i think the chiefs defense is legit. they will probably get beat up by peypey but aside from that they've got a manageable schedule and an offense that won't give the game away. if their defense can stay productive i see them getting to 10 wins. then once my boy alex gets in the playoffs he plays for keeps!

alex_smith_drunk21.jpg

alex got a BJ from everyone in this picture shortly after it was taken

squicken

Yep. The reason everyone had KC as a sleeper was b/c of the bad schedule. I do think the Dallas win was impressive. That team has offensive talent and KC has trouble scoring. I don't see any way KC can beat Denver but crazy things can happen

Speaking after the game, LeSeanMcCoy called his injury a high-ankle sprain,
There is no FUCKING WAY he has a high ankle sprain. That sidelines most NFL players and has turned Roddy White into a shell of himself. McCoy looks like he was running 4.5 40-speed after the injury and cutting on a dime.

EDIT: reporter got it wrong, just an "right ankle sprain"

when does he act like a douchebag in interviews? he doesn't say shit. he gives one word answers. as for the taunting (i assume you mean the bicep kiss) come on let the players have a little fun!

wearing the dolphins hat was stupid though. i wasn't butt hurt about it but its just weird anyway you slice it. old news though. kap needs a bounce back game because he looked like shit against the seahawks. saw a breakdown on webzone from the all 22 footage and he missed so many open receivers and was just shook the whole game. part of the reason is how poor our o-line played. that was their worst performance since harbaugh became coach.

keep in mind that chilo rachal played in multiple games where harbaugh was the head coach so when i say it is the worst game the oline played in over 2 years that is saying something
Yeah, maybe he's gotten better and I'm still letting old shit color my current perception of him. And it certainly was jarring watching Harbaugh kick Alex to the curb after having a very successful season before he got injured. Then, we went from impossibly upstanding and humble citizen Alex Smith straight to machismo head Kaep. It was a stark contrast that amplified Kaep's macho doucheness.

Oh god Rachal ... but we're fucked if we ever have to play an elimination game in Seattle. We need to finish with a better record than Seattle. They just fucking own us in that stadium.

It was stupid but it sure as hell wasn't arrogant. He wore that hat to show support for one of his college teammates/close friend who was trying out for the dolphins.

squicken

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/61114528/

The only Weekend Preview you need

Buccaneers at Patriots

1 p.m. Sunday, Fox
Line: Patriots by 8 ½

NFL Game Riffs proudly presents: "The Bradysitters Club," a young adult novel.

Brady pulled on his turtleneck sweater, combed his lovely chestnut hair and prepared for a busy day. All of the other babysitters, even Danny and Gronk, were too sick to work, so he would have to lead little Kenbrell and Dobbie all the way across town to face a team with a very good defense, an overmatched loudmouth of a coach and a quarterback situation so ugly even Claudia could not save it with a high-fashion makeover.

"The Jets?" asked precocious little Kenbrell. Brady corrected him: No, a different team with a very good defense, overmatched loudmouth of a coach, and a quarterback situation so ugly it could give Mallory nightmares. After 213 novels, the antagonists are bound to start looking alike.

Brady wanted to lead the little ones along the safest possible route: running down the middle of a wide field. But Mister McDaniels made his fortune by founding a chain of Montessori schools for the criminally insane, so he chose a much more difficult path, with lots of complicated routes that would tax Kenbrell and Dobbie's childlike skills. Oh well, Brady thought: He had signed an oath promising to be the best babysitter he could.

So he led the children according to Mister McDaniels' crazy plan. Dobbie kept falling down, running the wrong way and dropping things. Kenbrell would be on the verge of doing something mature and brilliant, then have an "oopsie" that reminded Brady just how young he was.

Brady and the youngsters were tired, mixed up and frustrated with one another by the time they reached their destination. But then Mean Mister Schiano showed up, dragging a squalling Joshie. "He overslept, he's off his schedule, and now I cannot do a darn thing with him," Mister Schiano growled. Brady wrinkled his nose at the harsh language. Joshie can be a brat, but Mister Schiano needs to take some responsibility, too, Brady thought. Nobody seems able to get along with him.

At the end of the day, Brady led Kenbrell and Dobbie safely to victory, even though Kenbrell was still confused and thought they had played the Jets. "I could have sworn that was Darrelle Revis chasing me," he said over ice cream. Brady smiled, knowing that a great babysitter can sometimes be more helpful to youngsters than an angry, disorganized parent.

Prediction: Patriots 22, Buccaneers 13

------

Browns at Vikings

1 p.m. Sunday, CBS
Line: Vikings by 7

The Browns have accelerated their Insane Quarterback Controversy/Paradigm Shift/Front Office Intrigue schedule to keep pace with the modern news cycle. They launched the Charlie Frye/Braylon Edwards/Kellen Winslow era in 2006 but did not really cut bait on it until 2009, when they traded Edwards. The team drafted Kamerion Wimbley in 2006 and Brady Quinn in 2007, then traded both on March 14, 2010. Both sets of moves were byproducts of elaborate front office power struggles, but they both took more than three years to advance from "bold reason for optimism" to flush. That's just too long in the age of Twitter.

Sept. 18, 2013 became another one of those days in Browns history which are starting to arrive too frequently. Third-string quarterback Brian Hoyer leap-frogged over backup Jason Campbell to replace inconclusively-injured Brandon Weeden, and Trent Richardson now plays for the Colts. The Browns erased the first round of the 2012 draft less than 18 months after it happened, halving their previous regime purge time!

The latest moves carry the stamp of general manager Michael Lombardi, who spent his first offseason on the job hemmed in by Joe Banner above him and Rob Chudzinski below. Yes, folks: This is another dreary power struggle that will end with coaches and execs getting fired and the roster getting spread across the NFL. At least in the past, the Browns let you watch the players actually play a few more times before they resumed the front office backstabbing.

The Browns now have two first-round picks next year. Don't they always? They will draft two pretty good players in May, then trade them in August, sparing us the effort of trying to figure out who is up to what come September.

Prediction: Vikings 27, Browns 13

Milchjon

I read chest hair at first and was ready to dismiss the whole article.

Oh well, now that I've already wasted that Google search, I might as well post the pic anyway:

L4lVySO.jpg

eznark

Banned

Eagles played one of the worst defenses in the last decade and whipped them for one half and everyone declared football changed forever. I think it's OK if Chiefs fans revel in a nice start.

It's my birthday, you insular fucks!

Kicking off the weekend at work for half a day, then heading up to Atlanta for Music Midtown, concluding with watching the Falcons feast on some Tuna on Sunday.

squicken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4-6op7jjP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yRypqBVdlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBP-MQ4ZUQ

LZ did some offensive line film study on the Texans-Titans game. Focus on technique and a couple looks at handling blitzes. Gregg Williams blitzed 50%+ on dropbacks. Really rattled Schaub, though TEN's corners are playing really well according to LZ and Greg Cosell

Kicking off the weekend at work for half a day, then heading up to Atlanta for Music Midtown, concluding with watching the Falcons feast on some Tuna on Sunday.

Happy Birthday!

eznark

Banned
Everyone is going to ignore the fact that the Chiefs ran more plays than The Greatest Offense in The History of Football because of all the turnovers. Funny part is no one ignored that when discussing the 56 play first half against Washington that was a result of three turnovers.

The Revolution is "win the turnover battle."

FOOTBALL WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

Happy Birthday, man!

I just want to point out, for the record, that your birthday is today and not Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom