• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-1 would be great for a team like the Phins, they are basically one year removed from a complete rebuild. Atlanta is the better and more complete team, in my opinion. This isn't about one team versus another.

Dammit man, you're ruining any drama that I'm trying to create. Stop being sensible, be more like Gata!

I was specifically responding to your post in the context of your earlier 6-1 post.
Two of those 6 are from the Jets and Bills. Three more are from the Chiefs and Chargers. Not exactly the class of the AFC.

The bottom line is two games per team is far too small a sample but it's still more evidence than the "NFC is amazing, AFC is garbage" argument currently has.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Two of those 6 are from the Jets and Bills. Three more are from the Chiefs and Chargers. Not exactly the class of the AFC.
Against the Bucs and Panthers in close contests, respectively. Hell, both games came down to one boneheaded move. Then you have contests with the NFC East which is aspiring to shit the bed on AFC North levels. Nobody's arguing that the NFC doesn't have bad teams.

Against the Bucs and Panthers in close contests, respectively. Hell, both games came down to one boneheaded move. Then you have contests with the NFC East which is aspiring to shit the bed on AFC North levels. Nobody's arguing that the NFC doesn't have bad teams.
Regardless, I agreed with you that the 6-1 doesn't mean much at all. To be honest I think the NFC probably has more of the best teams than the AFC, I just get tired of all of the talk about how incredible the NFC is and how horrible the AFC is when as of right now there isn't much to support that claim. Really my argument is more that the conferences are closer than people seem to think and which conference a team is in is practically negligible.

Is there a more useless argument in sports than which NFL conference is better?
It's horrible, I agree. Hence my comment about parity from earlier this morning.

I am really surprised to see people overreact so much to last nights game. The offense that Reid built has always had tough physical defenses as its kryptonite. The first thing Chip said when he was hired was that big guys beat up little guys, and the Eagles offense is still full of little guys. That will change for sure after this year. Eagles will still score points on most teams, I expect them to put up a bunch of points next week at Denver, they will lose 62-35 is my guess. I almost called the score of the Chiefs game exactly, there was no way the Eagles were going to beat the Chiefs. No one should be surprised by that. They will be 1-3 but then they get to play the Giants twice, the Cowboys twice and the Skins again. I dont think 7-9 or 8-8 is out of the question at all.

The Chiefs are too conservative on the offensive side of the ball. Dwayne Bowe has turned into a total ghost because they refuse to throw the ball down field.

I agree with a lot of it but going by "history" in regards to running quarterbacks is really a poor way of thinking about it. Positions evolve all the time in sports. You look at a guy like Vick--it's all decision making. Get on the ground and you'll mostly be fine. The problem is that there have been very few guys throughout history that can run and throw with accuracy--you either get one or the other.

We're seeing guys now who can do both. Stunting that ability based on history with a bunch of guys who couldn't do it or weren't technically sound seems very self defeating. Coach these guys up. Teach them to sacrifice the 15 yard reception for that extra half a second of bracing for impact. Teach them to slide. Teach them to stop short of the first yard marker if safeties ready to make you pay for it.

That's why I'm really rooting for Kaep and Wilson. Both those guys seem sublime in regards to knowing what they can and can't do. You watch the way Kaep breaks off a 10 yard run and then gets down with a smooth, harmless slide--it makes you think why is this so maligned?

RGIII's issue isn't even running. It's trying to be a hero in the pocket. He tries to make the last second receptions that he shouldn't when a defender is in his face and that's when you take the biggest hits. Sometimes you've just got to not make the throw in order to brace yourself for the hit. RGIII says fuck it and just throws it and gets body slammed. Just take the L on that play and move on. Be smart.

Griffin might've spared himself the spectacle of standing in front of reporters this week to deny he still feels impaired beyond a little rust, or that he felt pressured by Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's example to get back onto the field in record time.

The more RG III has played this season, the smarter Rose has looked.

Assuming that Rose was right is really dumb based on everybody else that has gone through the injury. Everybody says hey, I was shook about reps in a live action game. To think that Rose made a good decision is a huge assumption at this point because despite all the time he's taken off he's got just as much of a likelihood of returning to the court shook and looking like RGIII.

Better to get it over with sooner rather than later.

Fox318

reminder

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Puzzel Agent -- MB-3B6BD3A959922A4A
Bastion -- MB-000C3976C9B6E773
Portal -- MB-89DCC085AF5FB53F
LIMBO -- MB-A3C0097860338A20
Deus Ex -- MB-39B50A7E6FE8D697

t1379699507z1.png

Hunter S.

Anybody notice how few points the Chiefs got off of three Michael Vick interceptions and two fumble recoveries? They made the Eagles D look so good. Way to give a game to an average opponent Eagles.

squicken

Man this cracked me up. I really want to see small hands unleash the lizard some time.

He's incapable of doing that. Even when pressed to throw in catch up situations, he is super conservative. He was a turnover machine as a young player and I wonder if he was just coaches to stop taking chances, or made that change on his own

Anybody notice how few points the Chiefs got off of three Michael Vick interceptions and two fumble recoveries? They made the Eagles D look so good. Way to give a game to an average opponent Eagles.

I don't think you're giving the Chiefs enough credit. They were on the road in Philly on a short week. The offense looked particularly suspect in the first quarter. Yes, it was a game the Eagles probably should have won, but it isn't fair to call the Chiefs an average opponent.

cajunator

Banned
He takes NO shots down field. Bowe caught one pass for four yards. There's playing conservatively and then there's playing afraid.

Agree with this. Brees throws some dumb shit picks lately but he throws way downfield and takes some chances. Hes never been afraid to do that and neither should any QB worth their salt in the pros. Sometimes picks will happen. But playing afraid isnt going to work in the NFL for very long.

Hunter S.

I don't think you're giving the Chiefs enough credit. They were on the road in Philly on a short week. The offense looked particularly suspect in the first quarter. Yes, it was a game the Eagles probably should have won, but it isn't fair to call the Chiefs an average opponent.

It is a worthwhile criticism of there lack of offense without turnovers. They also failed to capitalize any points on a lot of turnovers with good field position. That is not a good especially when the Eagles have the worst ranked defense.

Hunter S.

It is a worthwhile criticism of their lack of offense without turnovers. They also failed to capitalize any points on a lot of turnovers with good field position. That is not a good especially when the Eagles have the worst ranked defense.

It is a worthwhile criticism of their lack of offense without turnovers. They also failed to capitalize any points on a lot of turnovers with good field position. That is not a good especially when the Eagles have the worst ranked defense.

I feel like you didnt watch the game. The Chiefs dont win because of their offense, hell their offense was terrible for 3 quarters last night. They have a bruising physical defense that forces teams into 3rd and longs and then gets turnovers or forces punts. Eagles couldnt score against them until late in the game and the D finally started to tire out some. Chiefs are built perfectly to win in the NFL, great D and an offense that never makes a mistake. I absolutely think they are going to make the playoffs this year unless something crazy happens.

I feel like you didnt watch the game. The Chiefs dont win because of their offense, hell their offense was terrible for 3 quarters last night. They have a bruising physical defense that forces teams into 3rd and longs and then gets turnovers or forces punts. Eagles couldnt score against them until late in the game and the D finally started to tire out some. Chiefs are built perfectly to win in the NFL, great D and an offense that never makes a mistake. I absolutely think they are going to make the playoffs this year unless something crazy happens.

So basically they're the 49ers under Alex Smith.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Fuck that guy.
Especially if he becomes a fan of a former divisional rival. Cannot stand people like that. Pick a team and stick with them NO MATTER WHAT.
right there with ya dude. Reminds me of some other guy here...

Is there a more useless argument in sports than which NFL conference is better?

Yea probably not. Love it, every year fools on here are lollolol the AFC is going to kill whatever trash the NFC brings to the superbowl, and then the packers, saints and giants all win. Then last year it was the same thing lolol the NFC is going to kill whatever trash from the AFC makes it to the superbowl. Then best harbaugh is blowing out worst harbaugh till the freaking ghetto stadium loses power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom