• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I think the hyperbole has been too much, but I also think going Monday-Sunday-Thursday really taxed his team. They had to go slower yesterday than they probably wanted. He's got to figure out how to handle having a lead, but I do think he's going to get some easy scores this year with their tempo. They have a bad roster on defense

As far as the Alex Smith trade, how does that look going forward? At the time, and probably even now, I thought it was too expensive. But they aren't 3-0 if they draft Geno, or sign Flynn or Kolb. If Alex game manages them to the playoffs this year, is the trade worth it?

Everyone is going to ignore the fact that the Chiefs ran more plays than The Greatest Offense in The History of Football because of all the turnovers. Funny part is no one ignored that when discussing the 56 play first half against Washington that was a result of three turnovers.

The Revolution is "win the turnover battle."

FOOTBALL WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

Perhaps if they had a mobile QB who knew how to throw anything more than the deep ball, they would be better.

ChanHuk

Banned
Happy b'day storybook you fuckin old.

The rest of you, good morning. I had an epiphany this morning. We Raiders fans are good people. Especially compared to Pats fans like the OP.

Fuck you Lunchbox and that degenerative that said there's nothing wrong in liking two teams. I'm sure that's another snes alt.

6a00d83451b26169e2019aff7f7d33970b-500wi

Godslay

Banned
Dont take Chiefs lightly. they are built to last. Not to play flashy, but to win games.
Legitimate contenders.

I think it is a bit premature to call them contenders. Against a real defense they are not going to have grinding drives like that, and Alex is going to get shutdown. Look at the red zone, piss poor because the field was compacted. Easy dink and dunk was taken away and offense sputtered. Still the chink in the armor as far as I'm concerned.

Defense is good, but also looked flaky against the run. I'm aware McCoy is good, but some of those holes most backs would breakthrough. I'm curious to see how they do against a decent pass blocking oline. Cause they've run roughshod over these garbage lines.

Easy schedule as well, but they are getting it done.

I'd like to see more is all I'm saying. If they are legitimate I'll be the first to admit it, because we're lacking a division rival to sharpen each others steel. I'd love to have them back in that capacity.

It's my birthday, you insular fucks!

Kicking off the weekend at work for half a day, then heading up to Atlanta for Music Midtown, concluding with watching the Falcons feast on some Tuna on Sunday.

Happy birthday brother! Go beat them Dolphins!

Chiefs looked pretty good but if Eagles outscore them it's a different outcome.

Yeah, when you can't win, you have to make sure that you don't lose.

The preseason thought that the AFCW was the worst division in football has gone by the wayside. They are destroying the NFCE
I know it's early and I don't really care how well the AFC does as a whole but I do get tired of the narrative about how great the NFC is and how horrible the AFC is. Parity is at an all-time high in the NFL these days in my opinion, so I think it's a little crazy to act like one group of 16 can be that much better than the other group. Obviously you still have your bottom feeders and a few very well-rounded teams but everything in the middle is just so tightly packed at this point.

Then you have the issue of trying to analyze all this stuff before the season even starts, which is just hilarious. That's why I never get worked up about how tough or easy my team's schedule is, because it honestly doesn't make much difference for the majority of teams.

One of my favorite thing's about the NFL relative to other sports (and especially stuff in other countries like soccer) is the level of parity. You can't take a game for granted.

The Chiefs look good this year. With the talent on that team there's no way they should have won 2 games last year. I think they'll make the playoffs.

You can argue that the NFC East is weak, but I'm feeling pretty good about my Cowboys. They moved the ball really well against a good Chiefs defense, and our defense held up pretty good. Arrowhead is a tough place to play. It really just came down to a couple drives stalling and settling for field goals. I think the kinks can get worked out.

jakncoke

Banned
The Colts have 4 players who have registered rushing yards

Ahmad Bradshaw 22-91 or 4.1 average
Andrew Luck 10-76
Vic Ballard 13-64 or 4.8 average
Donald Brown 7-30 or 4.3 average

Obviously Vic is gone

2 thoughts

1) I wish Steelers had at least 1 rb that could average 4 games a carry, even in a small sample size where it should be easier to get over 4 for a little bit has proven to be essentially impossible or improbable for Steelers backs

2) If Trent comes in and average under 4 still. I will lol

Hey man, I love that horny bastard Brent Grimes. His kryptonite is just jump balls in the end zone - it's not his fault! :(
Yeah, if you watch highlights from the Dolphins/Colts game you'll see a bomb to T.Y. Hilton that was only completed over Grimes because of the height mismatch. He had perfect position and went for the pick low but Hilton just reached over his head and snatched it. I knew that's what we were getting into with Grimes, but the dude is just insanely athletic and he is great at pulling INT's out of nowhere. The funny thing is the Dolphins got rid of Sean Smith because of his stone hands and now that he's with the Chiefs he can catch apparently, haha.

Grimes will be the least of the Dolphins problems with the secondary, though. Ryan will be picking on Jimmy Wilson and Nolan Carroll all day I'd imagine, just like Luck did.

jakncoke

Banned
How is EA saying they want to beat Activision with BF4 news? What are they going to say, we're fine with second place?

Speaking of EA. Fuck them for what they did to the Sim City franchise. How hard is it in 2013 to give players offline and maps that bigger than gata dick ffs

Speaking of EA. Fuck them for what they did to the Sim City franchise. How hard is it in 2013 to give players offline and maps that bigger than gata dick ffs

I love starting a city and then building it up until you get to the high density buildings, then everything starts going to shit. Being able to build bridges/tunnels helped but it still sucks.

jakncoke

Banned
I love starting a city and then building it up until you get to the high density buildings, then everything starts going to shit. Being able to build bridges/tunnels helped but it still sucks.

What if Sim City had a online mode where the maps expands like Minecraft the further you explore out the map expands(or so ive heard thats what happens on servers) and you could make your e-peen city throat fuck Dubai. Now thats something I could get behind! I have never and probably will never play it or the new expansion because of map limitations Ive seen on videos.

Striker

The Chiefs look good this year. With the talent on that team there's no way they should have won 2 games last year. I think they'll make the playoffs.
They should be one of the favorites for a WC team. There's not a whole lot of competition, and the AFC is pretty weak overall.

ChanHuk

Banned
I bet I can build a better city in SimCity than any of the Ohio residents. They live in Ohio; they got no clue what civilization is.

cajunator

Banned
What if Sim City had a online mode where the maps expands like Minecraft the further you explore out the map expands(or so ive heard thats what happens on servers) and you could make your e-peen city throat fuck Dubai. Now thats something I could get behind! I have never and probably will never play it or the new expansion because of map limitations Ive seen on videos.

It does look lame as fuck. highly disappointing since I love Sim City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom