• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

I feel like you didnt watch the game. The Chiefs dont win because of their offense, hell their offense was terrible for 3 quarters last night. They have a bruising physical defense that forces teams into 3rd and longs and then gets turnovers or forces punts. Eagles couldnt score against them until late in the game and the D finally started to tire out some. Chiefs are built perfectly to win in the NFL, great D and an offense that never makes a mistake. I absolutely think they are going to make the playoffs this year unless something crazy happens.

Nice way to sugar coat a bad win by the Chiefs. It will work on bad teams.

ChanHuk

Banned
so jaknuseless has informed me that I've been warned on flinging insults at the Gata.

Gata, I apologize, you might have a pea sized brain, but its not your fault. Apologies Gata.

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN 4m

Giants list Corey Webster as doubtful for Sunday with a hip injury.
Aaron Ross will likely be starting in his place.

Thomas is the nickel and Jayron is the back-up for him so I doubt they put him outside.

ALDON SMITH ARRESTED FOR DUI

prrLXHk.jpg

bionic77

Steelers going to try the zone blocking scheme they were working on all offseason but which went up in smoke when Pouncey died (directly attributable to the scheme).

I am sure it is going to make all the difference in the world. Instead of averaging 2 yards to carry we might get it up to 3 this Sunday night.

Ben was saying that supposedly other teams are manhandling our receivers at the LOS which is disrupting the offense's timing and the reason why no one was on the same page the first two weeks. He may have a point, but there is also the remote possibility that our OC is just a fraud and that we just suck balls.

so jaknuseless has informed me that I've been warned on flinging insults at the Gata.

Gata, I apologize, you might have a pea sized brain, but its not your fault. Apologies Gata.

Chan just tell me what to say and I will post it for you since I am allowed to tell gata how much he sucks.

harSon

Banned
Steelers going to try the zone blocking scheme they were working on all offseason but which went up in smoke when Pouncey died (directly attributable to the scheme).

I am sure it is going to make all the difference in the world. Instead of averaging 2 yards to carry we might get it up to 3 this Sunday night.

Ben was saying that supposedly other teams are manhandling our receivers at the LOS which is disrupting the offense's timing and the reason why no one was on the same page the first two weeks. He may have a point, but there is also the remote possibility that our OC is just a fraud and that we just suck balls.

It's probably true, and made worse by the fact that they can't simulate the style of defense in practice since our CBs play off receivers by 20 yards.

I may suck but I dont boo injuries.

I wasnt at the game last night so I didnt boo anything. People are not booing the injury, they are booing the slow down tactics that teams are using. Glad to see you admit that you suck though, recognizing that there is a problem is the first step towards getting help.

gutshot

I really thought that Chip would play Johnson some in the slot this year but I dont think he has had a single play this year. His speed could cause defenses some problems, man Avant is slow as fuck but he does make crazy cathes from time to time. I bet next year the Eagles let Maclin walk and bring in a new #2 and slot guy next year. They need WR's that cant get off the line against press coverage. Chiefs were jamming them every play it seemed.

I'm guessing he thinks that Damaris is a poor man's DeSean Jackson (and he's right). Why play him when you have the real thing? One thing I do like about Chip is that he gets the ball to his playmakers.

What WRs will be free agents next year? Any one have a list?

Ben was saying that supposedly other teams are manhandling our receivers at the LOS which is disrupting the offense's timing and the reason why no one was on the same page the first two weeks.

Well, your receivers are short enough to qualify as little people, so...

He may have a point, but there is also the remote possibility that our OC is just a fraud and that we just suck balls.

Oh, your OC is definitely a fraud.

tumblr_mgo137oUy91s3qqm0o1_250.gif

I'm guessing he thinks that Damaris is a poor man's DeSean Jackson (and he's right). Why play him when you have the real thing? One thing I do like about Chip is that he gets the ball to his playmakers.

What WRs will be free agents next year? Any one have a list?

The point is that the Eagles are getting almost no production from anyone but DJax and Shady in the passing game. Cooper and Avant are both slow guys and are very easy to cover. The Chiefs jammed guys at the line and had a safety help out against DJax most of the night. Maybe if the Eagles had another guy that could get down the field teams would have to respect that more then they respect Avant.

gutshot

The point is that the Eagles are getting almost no production from anyone but DJax and Shady in the passing game. Cooper and Avant are both slow guys and are very easy to cover. The Chiefs jammed guys at the line and had a safety help out against DJax most of the night. Maybe if the Eagles had another guy that could get down the field teams would have to respect that more then they respect Avant.

The thing is the Eagles run so many packaged plays, which could be runs or could be passes depending on the way the D sets up, that you are introducing two blocking liabilities in the run game if you have Johnson and Jackson out there together. Jackson is a dynamic enough player that the trade-off is worth it. Johnson isn't.

Talon

No fucking excuse to drink and drive - much less for a professional athlete when his team offers concierge services.

This is Smith's second arrest on a drunken driving charge, though charges from his January 2012 arrest in Miami Beach were reduced to reckless driving. The NFL typically does not punish players for a first DUI, but a second arrest could trigger a two-game suspension, like the one the NFL recently slapped on Minnesota fullback Jerome Felton.

Damn if he gets a 2 game suspension for this. What a fucking moron.

ChanHuk

Banned
My iPhone is silver and black, Raiders baby. Suck for Clowney!!!

Aldon Smith got a 2nd DUI in California? I think that's a mandatory 30 day sentence?

squicken

ibbNqBYqMoggAl.gif

I mentioned this play in the offseason b/c at the time all I got here was the usual lulz INT. The Rams ran 4 verticals to beat a Cover 3 and Sherman played that as good as it can be played. Bradford kept hitching in the pocket to make him commit and he never did. I think he is a very smart and skilled player, but he is not a lock down corner. He can be beat by WRs with speed, which is where his illegal chucking comes in

That stiff arm is impressive. In the CAR game he did it to a WR 15 yards downfield. It's easy for a CB to drive on short throws when he doesn't have to flip his hips, worrying about deep balls. But he destroys inferior athletes. What he would do to Brandon Gibson was too funny. Like a cat toying with a mouse

eznark

Banned
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1814619/ibbNqBYqMoggAl.gif[/IMG

I mentioned this play in the offseason b/c at the time all I got here was the usual lulz INT. The Rams ran 4 verticals to beat a Cover 3 and Sherman played that as good as it can be played. Bradford kept hitching in the pocket to make him commit and he never did. I think he is a very smart and skilled player, but he is not a lock down corner. He can be beat by WRs with speed, which is where his illegal chucking comes in
[/QUOTE]

That's just a terrible ball. If Bradford puts some mustard on it and leads him to the goal post it's an easy touchdown. Sherman is able to play both routes because Bradford is unable to make decisive throws. That's a touchdown against Green Bay, San Fran, and any other team with a quarterback who can throw a football. Look how late the backside safety is coming over the top of that play at the end of the .gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom