• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

VOuSFhg.jpg

rando14

Fantomex has inspired me to make some protein blueberry pancakes. Today's squats and I need the muscles so I can beat kave up whenever I'm in canada

Fantomex

Fantomex has inspired me to make some protein blueberry pancakes. Today's squats and I need the muscles so I can beat kave up whenever I'm in canada

Im having some blueberry pancakes with some jam and syrup and some overeasy eggs and bacon. Cheers Nfl Gaf

jakncoke

Banned
I always find it interesting when random parts of the country get random games. Like the little part of Idaho in a sea of Green Bay/Cincy getting the Tampa/New England game

Narag

I always find it interesting when random parts of the country get random games. Like the little part of Idaho in a sea of Green Bay/Cincy getting the Tampa/New England game

Apparently those affiliates pick the games that they think the locals want to see. Pretty sure if people complained or made some noise, they could get games changed. You'll see it later on in the season on the maps when there's a bunch of changes at the bottom.

Doomsayer

Seafood belongs in the sea, not at the dinner table.

This is so, so wrong.

THU, SEP 19
Kansas City at Philadelphia <-- Done

SUN, SEP 22
Green Bay at Cincinnati
St. Louis at Dallas
San Diego at Tennessee
Cleveland at Minnesota
Tampa Bay at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Detroit at Washington
NY Giants at Carolina
Houston at Baltimore
Atlanta at Miami <-- upset special
Buffalo at NY Jets
Indianapolis at San Francisco
Jacksonville at Seattle
Chicago at Pittsburgh

MON, SEP 23
Oakland at Denver

Rooting for bad teams is bad for your health

A study that links sports outcomes with the eating behavior of fans finds that backers of NFL teams eat more food and fattier food the day after a loss. Backers of winning teams, by contrast, eat lighter food, and in moderation.

After a defeat, the researchers found that saturated fat consumption went up by 16 percent, while after a victory it decreased by 9 percent. "After a victory, people eat better," says Pierre Chandon, a professor of marketing at the business school INSEAD in France. "After a defeat, people eat a lot worse."

In many ways, the research fits with what we already know about the psychology of eating. When many of us feel miserable, we'll down a big bag of candy. Call it a form of self-medication &#8211; when your happiness levels are low, junk food and high-calorie food provide the brain with much-needed pleasure.

"When we look at the behavior of people living in cities where football is really important &#8212; places like Green Bay, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, then the performance of the team has an even greater impact on what they eat," Chandon says.

After a loss, people in those cities eat 28 percent more saturated fat. A win swayed them over to eat 16 percent less saturated fat. "So, in those cities, people are even more responsive to the wining or the losing of the football team," says Chandon...

..."Sports defeats, especially football defeats, increase the chances of people getting a heart attack, it increases domestic violence and it also increases traffic fatalities," Chandon says.

The most interesting part of Chandon's research might not be the effects of defeats, but the effect that victories seem to have on fans. Winning seems to make people think long-term &#8211; they look forward to the next match, for example. The satisfaction of winning increases the capacity of people to withstand difficult choices &#8211; to pick the salad over the fries.

I just looked, Ohio and Michigan are two of the ten fattest states per capita in the US.

I'd tell you that you can solve this problem by playing in traffic. But I'm not that nice of a guy.

You make it sound like I miss eating it, I'll stick with my steaks thank you.

I'm excited too, man. It feels weird to be excited about the Dolphins after the season has started.

Yeah it's been so long, it's hard not to think that it's going to end like in 2010. It actually feels like we can get into the bye week at 4-1.

ChanHuk

Banned
Lay off my Dolphins bro. I know you have all kinds of pent up anger now that you can't take it out on gator constantly but that's no excuse to take it out on Best-GAF.

Dolphins-GAF definitely isn't apart of Best-GAF, it isn't even apart of Good Peoples-GAF. They are above the lowly bottom dwelling Pats-GAF though.

jakncoke

Banned
Lay off my Dolphins bro. I know you have all kinds of pent up anger now that you can't take it out on gator constantly but that's no excuse to take it out on Best-GAF.

tahahaha

I would of expected a clown statement like this from pimp but not from you, he is rubbing off on you. PEACE

Dolphins-GAF definitely isn't apart of Best-GAF, it isn't even apart of Good Peoples-GAF. They are above the lowly bottom dwelling Pats-GAF though.
Why do you hate me?

tahahaha

I would of expected a clown statement like this from pimp but not from you, he is rubbing off on you. PEACE
Other than me Dolphins-GAF is fantastic! A lot better than the typical Dolphins fan from Miami, that's for sure.

cajunator

Banned
Like for example, I will be eating steak while watching LSU tonight.
Win or lose doesnt matter. That steak is gonna get devoured lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom