• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

ShaneB

Duff, you're not alone, I'm 31 and still no idea what I'm doing with my life. I have my good days and bad days, so I hope you do your best to stay positive and get over the hump too.

cajunator

Banned
Duff, you're not alone, I'm 31 and still no idea what I'm doing with my life. I have my good days and bad days, so I hope you do your best to stay positive and get over the hump too.

Well like I said I became a fuel truck dispatcher. Never expected things to end up like this but I enjoy the work. Well most of the time lol.

ShaneB

Thanks dude. Everyones nice comments are very much appreciated.

No problem at all man. I know hearing comments doesn't make everything magically better, but I know how important it is to at least hear it.

Well like I said I became a fuel truck dispatcher. Never expected things to end up like this but I enjoy the work. Well most of the time lol.

I've had a stable job for just over 5 years now (a job I don't really care about most days), and probably why I fear any sort of change. But I know things do NEED to change if I am to be happy. I can't afford to live in the city really, and that's a big factor.

MechDX

Nick Mathews ‏@Nick_Mathews 23 Sep
Matt Schaub's QB ratings for the following situations: When behind 105.0; when tied 71.8; when ahead 29.5. Wow.

Someone explain to me how this happens. Its like the opposite of what you would think

Someone explain to me how this happens?

That is incredible, I cant imagine another QB with as wide a spread as that. Maybe he, or the coaches, really tighten up with the lead.

It's never too late, I turned 30 a few months ago and just started school again, I'm going to try for astronomer/astrophysics, I might be close to 40 when I finish but it'll be worth it :)

That is awesome. When I originally went to grad school it was for astrophysics.

verbum

We should...

We should...

Even if the Falcons go up by 14 or 21 in the first half, how about the second half? I can see Brady throwing for 14 or 21 points against our defense in the second half.
I thought Nolan would straighten out the defense but the lack of talent on some positions really has shined through the last 5 games the Falcons played. .

MechDX

I hate Rant Sports, usually garbage but this guy nails it:

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...ld-change-very-little-for-the-houston-texans/

Something that has finally made me give up on the guy is simply a single play in this offense. He is one of the best in the NFL at selling the play-action. He completely fools the defense and rolls out into space with the field wide open in front of him. But instead of throwing it down the field, he consistently throws it underneath or out of bounds. He’s one of maybe only five quarterbacks in the league that can’t do anything with that play.

So it sounds like I’m agreeing with all of those who think it’s time to sit him down on the bench and give another guy a shot, right?

Nope.

Why? Well the obvious reason would be because there is no one on this roster or available that is better. We can argue that all day, but T.J. Yates or Case Keenum aren’t leading the 2013 Texans anywhere. But this isn’t why I’m not joining the bench/cut Schaub movement. My reason is because Gary Kubiak is still the head coach.

I’ve been mighty critical of Kubiak through the years, and it’s sad that it takes poor game planning like this past Sunday to get the masses to see what I see. Never in all of my years of watching football have I seen a coach with so many offensive weapons coach so scared.

To say he is conservative would be a mighty understatement. He places the shackles on his quarterback no matter who it would be and he’s still living in that 1998 offense of short passes and time of possession. Sure, it can work sometimes — the Texans have won a lot of games doing it the past three years — but the game is moving on and he’s getting left behind.

Kubiak coaches like a deer in headlights week in and week out. He’s scared to take that shot down field to avoid the big mistake, and this year Schaub is making the mistakes anyways. Do you really believe that Yates or Keenum would start the game and be given the freedom to just sling the ball all over the place? No way. They would be micro-managed by Kubiak on every single down.

Yeah you're definitely not alone here (except maybe for being a rational Niners fan!). Chin up, grab a beer with some buddies to blow off steam. That's what I plan to do tonight!

Thanks bro.

No problem at all man. I know hearing comments doesn't make everything magically better, but I know how important it is to at least hear it.

Kindness is never a bad thing indeed.

It's never too late, I turned 30 a few months ago and just started school again, I'm going to try for astronomer/astrophysics, I might be close to 40 when I finish but it'll be worth it :)

I'm glad you've found what you want to do. I think I need a change of scenery, or at least move to the other side of town.

this_guy

The big thing is, and sports radio in Houston has been harping on, Schoob has been making mistakes (pick 6's) but without even attempting the big play. That pick 6 in Baltimore was a short underneath route that every one knew was coming. Brett Favre would would throw interceptions but also would take chances and make the big play. With Schoob the game manager we're not getting the big plays but we're getting the mistakes that come along with it.

cajunator

Banned

I've had a stable job for just over 5 years now (a job I don't really care about most days), and probably why I fear any sort of change. But I know things do NEED to change if I am to be happy. I can't afford to live in the city really, and that's a big factor.

Do what makes you content. If you arent happy, then go back to school and find something else. Its really not too late.

The big thing is, and sports radio in Houston has been harping on, Schoob has been making mistakes (pick 6's) but without even attempting the big play. That pick 6 in Baltimore was a short underneath route that every one knew was coming. Brett Favre would would throw interceptions but also would take chances and make the big play. With Schoob the game manager we're not getting the big plays but we're getting the mistakes that come along with it.

Brees is a bit Favre-esque in that he throws downfield quite often due to his confidence in recievers and his accuracy. It results in picks on occasion but more often it gets to Graham, Moore, or Colston for a huge gain. Its worth the risk for such an explosive offense, as long as the defense is worth a shit.
But I would prefer this over a "safe" offense that dinks and dunks all the time, because a stout defense can completely shut that down eventually.

Spinluck

One is a HoF'er and one is the worst couch ever according to B.

One also had Sanchez as a QB.

EDIT: Jerome Bettis said we can be the team to beat the Broncos. Might have to excuse the Bus, took a lot of shots to the head while playing in PITT.

If Luck kept up with Peyton, maybe, but Miller comes back that week and he is easily their best player after Peyton imo.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Fellow physics major, huh? Astrophysics is a ton of fun, actually. I had a blast in the undergrad level class I took.

effzee

Eagles @ Broncos - Chip Kelly is the new Rex Ryan. A shitty coach who will overstay his welcome under various excuses like, "Well he just doesn't have the personnel" and "Well if the GM just gave him the freedom to build this team the way he wants." It will be 4 years or so until people realize that, just like Rex, just because the players like him doesn't mean he is a good coach. Broncos are on fire and PeyPey continues his quest to break Bradys single season TD mark on the path to another one and done

WTF?

Chip might or might not last 2-3 seasons. He might be a complete failure but where in the world do you get the Rex Ryan comparison?

Chip is taking over a 4-12 team which one of the worst defenses consistently over the past 5 years. They are 1-2. Offense has looked good 2 out of 3 games. And all of a sudden he is Rex Ryan?

Did he predict a SB win that I miss out on?

And then I hear PeyPey was complaining that they only have 6 days to prepare for the Eagles while Philly was given 12 days by the NFL? What in the world?

First of Peyton don't even need 6 days to prepare for this D. He can shred them in his sleep.

Secondly the Eagles started the season with 3 games in 11 days.

I hope he was joking.

Tom Penny

The only thing dramatic about the Broncos / Eagles because the Eagles are going to get beat down by 20+

“We’re coming off of a short week — it’s nice of the NFL to give Philly 12 days and give us six,” Manning told reporters after the Week Three win over the Raiders, via John Gonzalez of CSNPhilly.com. “So we’ve got to handle that. We’ve still got some guys injured. So we’ve got to get some new guys playing. We’re trying to kind of weather that storm with our injuries. We’ve got to get ready for an unfamiliar opponent who has got a really good team at home next Sunday.”

Eagles coach Chip Kelly fired back on Tuesday.

“When do we go play?” Kelly said, via Gonzalez. “We got to play in a parking lot? We’ll go play in a parking lot. We don’t care. . . .

“We played three games in 11 days. I don’t care. We only worry about what we can control, and we don’t control the schedule.”

Top Bottom