• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Indeed! You're absolutely right and I've become comfortable with that for the time being.

However, during our downtime of irrelevancy I can take solace knowing we ended any plans the Patriots had of making history or being relevant themselves in Brady's later years. Those memories will last me a lifetime. Especially knowing that you have to live with the fact that this goober motherfucker right here:

Eli-Manning.gif

..came back not once, but twice and took a big smelly shit all over your team. It's like a warm blanket on a cold night, really.
Just wanted to say that I appreciate the quality of this post. Brought a tear or two to my eye, really.

Lots and lots of trips to Olive Garden.

Seriously though. I really don't buy much. I'll buy a game or two a month. Go out to dinner a couple of times a month, go golfing etc. I just bought a new couch a couple of weeks ago. Just save money really.

I'll probably move to back Wyoming when my folks get old enough, and my kids are out of school. 10 - 15 years from now. Buy a place in the mountains, grow old. Just came to NoDak to be around my wife's family and help take care of her grandparents eventually.
Best poster in NFL-GAF. You've got your priorities straight, my friend, for whatever my hick opinion is worth!

squicken

The Cardinals put Okafor on IR. They are out of LBs. They are getting killed by injuries. People don't follow the Cards so you guys will think it is the usual, but it's not. They will be playing street FAs

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN
Fewest offensive plays while leading this season: Redskins 1, Rams 2, Jaguars 3, Giants 6, 49ers 25.

Mike Sando @SandoESPN
Most offensive plays while leading this season: KC 148, NE 142, DAL 138, DEN 137, SEA 120, NO 116, ATL 100

beast786

Ahh good. For some reason the first person I could think about was your son. I believe you have mentioned the hardships he has had to face.

thanks man i really appreciate it, he just had a regular check up and the tumor size actually shrunk :)

that reminds me i wanna do win ps4 contest for his birthday coming nov .

WedgeX

Banned
cowardly-lion.jpg

I should be used to this but here goes another year

And you know right after he made that big over the shoulder catch, i guranteed my budies he will go down, but instead he (fucking god) took nate.

It's time for the Lions to pick up another TE and usher in the era of three TE sets.

cowardly-lion.jpg

I should be used to this but here goes another year

And you know right after he made that big over the shoulder catch, i guranteed my budies he will go down, but instead he (fucking god) took nate.

Hopefully Broyles comes into his own, Durham steps up, Fauria gets more involved, Reggie doesn't break, and we keep pounding Joique! All of these things are liable to not happen. In fact, very very likely to not happen. But we gotta believe!

thanks man i really appreciate it, he just had a regular check up and the tumor size actually shrunk :).

Fucking awesome

Fox318

thanks man i really appreciate it, he just had a regular check up and the tumor size actually shrunk :)

that reminds me i wanna do win ps4 contest for his birthday coming nov .

Do a raffle where people need to pay to enter for a charity or something to actually win something.

Godslay

Banned
Best poster in NFL-GAF. You've got your priorities straight, my friend, for whatever my hick opinion is worth!

You guys are too nice. I probably post too much anyways.

I will say that we are lucky in NFLGAF that we have a lot of great posters, from all different teams/backgrounds. I wouldn't come to Gaf if it wasn't for this thread.

cashman

Banned
I talk to some pretty Pollyanna type Rams fans on Twitter, and I think reality is sinking in for them. Fisher just lost whatever he had when he took over STL. They talk about that RG3 trade, but the players they got just have never developed. Brockers is good but nothing special right now. Jenkins flashes but his career will probably be DeAngelo Hall. Quick and Pead are busts

They extended Long and Lauranitis. Lauranitis is okay but by okay I mean you pay him $3m, not $10m. Long is good but not $10m good. Finnegan was their big FA signing last year and he's one of the worst CBs in the league. $15m there. Cook gets knocked down when he is pressed. That's sort of on Schotty for not moving him around for clean releases but still. Jake Long got thrown on his ass by DeMarcus Ware twice last week. Which speaks to a bigger issue. Not a single starting Rams offensive linemen was drafted by the team. All FAs. They just can't develop talent

Schotty is awful and this will be his last OC job. Walton is crappy right now but it's his first shot. But either way he isn't ready. The Rams have returned 8 punts, and 7 of those have had penalties. They are just incredibly bad in all 3 phases. SF is going to beat them by 20 points. It's going to be a long year for Rams fans
The Cowboys just completely broke your spirit.

rando14

I will say that we are lucky in NFLGAF that we have a lot of great posters, from all different teams/backgrounds. I wouldn't come to Gaf if it wasn't for this thread.

iCXNzQ1w5QLpn.gif

This Mannings thing is awesome. Definitely worth a watch for everyone

Absolutely, those highlights of peyton in HS and at UT are incredible

I get a little worked up sometimes but I love this community. Lots of fun and like you I've kind of tired of regular GAF.

Doorman

The Lions just can't catch a fucking break. Guaranteed Reggie Bush will get hurt again within the next two games, and suddenly our offense is right back to last year's mess.

That said I'm definitely making sure that my pizzas are secured the next time I go driving.

Former New York Giants linebacker Carl Banks called the Giants' performance against the Carolina Panthers "truly a disaster" on Monday -- and he was only getting started.

"I think aside from the Xs and Os, I think the most disturbing aspect of it is, in all my years being around this team -- and they’ve had some bad losses, they’ve had some highs and lows and some good teams and bad teams -- but I don’t think I've ever seen a team just not show emotion, as they were just getting pummeled," Banks said, in an appearance on WFAN-AM 660. "I don’t advocate fighting, but show some emotion -- show that you care that your quarterback was sacked six times in the first quarter. Show me -- push a guy, tackle a guy, do something other than just take it."

Banks, a former All-Pro who now serves as an analyst on the team's radio broadcasts, wasn't done there.

"They showed very little toughness at all," Banks continued, "and just the pride that you have to have. And not letting guys just punch you in the mouth, you get up, you let 'em punch you in the mouth again, and they just do it until the game is over with. I mean the game was over, [the Panthers] were still banging Giants, receivers getting knocked all over the place, and there’s not one guy that showed emotion, and that’s scary. That really is scary."

When asked how this kind of performance, and lack of emotion, could happen, Banks unleashed further criticism.

"Well, they don’t like themselves, that’s what it really comes down to," Banks said. "They don’t like each other, they’re not willing to fight for each other. When you have a premier quarterback in this league, and you don’t have enough self-respect -- not for him, but for yourself -- to protect him and do your job, I think it speaks volumes. And I think these guys really do need to all stand in (front of) the mirror, and it’s gut-check time."

At least one players agreed with Banks -- fellow linebacker Mark Herzlich.

"That’s what happened. They kept hitting us, hitting us and hitting us and we didn’t stop them," Herzlich said. "Carl’s right, we need to have more passion, we need to have that fire."
Jesus... this shit has been an issue for awhile now.

ShaneB

I just want to thank everyone for being so welcoming as well, with special nods to Seahawks-GAF of course. :) As a casual fan finally turning into a more serious football fan, it's nice to have a place like this to hang out.

I got love for all yall

(Even the Falcons and Pats fans, though I vehemently disagree with the lifestyle choices you've made and hope you repent to Tebow before its too late)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You guys are great, but I'd be lying if I didn't get nostalgic when Wellington pops in for a time when you could have stat debates.

Top Bottom