• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

squicken

Wilson would have been wasted on the Jags.

Yeah there's this notion that good players would be good wherever they go. There's very few player that are like that. It's kind of moot b/c the Jags would have never been smart enough to draft him, let alone play him.

Last one: this one's for Harson.

The reason Wheaton isn't getting more snaps - Was supposed to run a Post, runs an out.

ibwYgXl0n47c0q.gif

Dre3001

Im still not sure why people are so shocked about the Dolphins this year

Miami was 7-9 last year with a much worse team

This year they have a better receiving corps with addition of Mike Wallace

Also they made great pickups on defense by adding Dion Jordan and signing players like Ellerbe, etc

Tannehill was a rookie last year and got overshadowed by the Andrew Luck and Rg3 hype but anyone following the Dolphins can attest that he was decent in his first year and showed glimpses of hope.

This year is only his second season and he is already showing great improvement over his rookie year.

Injuries are only thing holding them back right now but I can see them winning 9 or 10 games this year and getting a Wild Card spot or maybe even win the division.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah there's this notion that good players would be good wherever they go. There's very few player that are like that. It's kind of moot b/c the Jags would have never been smart enough to draft him, let alone play him.
Yeah, the primary reason that Wilson went to Seattle is because Carroll and Schneider knew exactly what they could do with him and were eager for the opportunity. Hell, they almost took him in the second round out of fears he'd get snatched up.

squicken

I am looking forward to the administration of President Peyton. He will surely purge our great nation of Patriots fans and liberals (lots of overlap there for sure)

Bowser

Either the concussions are catching up to him, or all the hits have turned him into a football analysis savant. I guess we will have to wait and see.

He's not the only one though, FO has us 7th (5th in DAVE which is basically projected DVOA) and PFF has us 5th.

I mean, we 100% should be 2-1 and arguably could have easily been 3-0. But you know, Ron Rivera and all.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I am looking forward to the administration of President Peyton. He will surely purge our great nation of Patriots fans and liberals (lots of overlap there for sure)
You can strike down the Patriots, but the lands where the pot burns free will still stand!

Godslay

Banned
He's not the only one though, FO has us 7th (5th in DAVE which is basically projected DVOA) and PFF has us 5th.

I mean, we 100% should be 2-1 and arguably could have easily been 3-0. But you know, Ron Rivera and all.

I have yet to watch a Panthers game this regular season. So I can't say much. I will say the defense looked pretty good in that preseason game where Kuechly was all over the place.

They're a DeAngelo Williams fumble and a Ron Rivera away from being 3-0.

ShaneB

Just finished watching the 2000, 2001, and 2002 story of the seattle seahawks films. Good place to have picked up, Kingdome imploded, Mike Holmgren being funny with his non-cursing ways, Shaun Alexander highlight reel runs, new logo, new stadium, new jerseys, all that good stuff.

Bowser

That fumble was forced, though, and it's not like Seattle couldn't have scored more if certain things went their way. Actually, they could have scored in their final drive.

That's why I said arguably. Who knows if our defense would have stopped Russ if we had scored. But no question we shouldn't have lost to the Bills.

Top Bottom